More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Torchwood : Miracle Day

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Torchwood : Miracle Day Empty
PostSubject: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Season 4 of the Doctor Who spin-off begins tonight on BBC1 at 9:00, very much looking forward to it :D .
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:52 am

Hmmm ... my initial impression is that in becoming a co-production, Torchwood might just have sold its soul. I dunno ... it's become kinda TOO slick, glossy and 'Americanised'.

Still, there are 9 eps to go - and the story 'hooks' of how no-one on Earth is dying any more but in contrast Jack has discovered that he's now actually mortal are strong enough to keep me watching. I'll stick with it. :geek:

For a child being raised in a remote Welsh coastal cottage, Gwen and Rhys' baby seems to be REMARKABLY unfazed by rockets and gunfire. laugh
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Yeah, I was a tad disappointed. Whilst it's great that there is clearly a much larger budget for them to work with (providing the change of location that was needed IMO), I could have done without the exploding CGI helicopters and the like. And, dare I say it, the series is sorely missing characters like Tosh and Owen for me. Having said that, I've never been a fan of Eve Myles, but she's really upped the ante.

But, as you said BI, the hook is a marvellous concept, something that all good Science Fiction needs, so I'm optimistic for the rest of the series. Although that damned 'season preview' went on forever! laugh

"If you're the best England's got to offer, then God help you."

"I'm Welsh." *whack*

8)
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:11 pm

^Has to be one of the greatest quotes that, G.

I'm loving it - because it feels like some epically long movie. Is sad without Tosh and Owen and Ianto (I still haven't seen the third series so this will mean I have serious gaps in my knowledge - and only just saw Owen go in the second series (can I just say Martha Jones irrates me? ... but that is the wrong series so moving on)).

Quote :
Hmmm ... my initial impression is that in becoming a co-production, Torchwood might just have sold its soul. I dunno ... it's become kinda TOO slick, glossy and 'Americanised'.
Oh I can see where you are coming from but it does look so lovely. The helicopter thing was OTT but compared to that - I really think thr story telling is strong. It just feels so big and for once the fact TW is darker, grittier spinoff of DW is really working for me. I don't know why but it just seems to flow very nicely.

And the concept - I think its all the 'what would it be like' and the 'what ifs' and the different threads being introduced that is truly making this enjoyable. I'm personally come to find I love TV shows that have a very firm story arc - Miracle Day has that in abundance. I can't wait to see where it goes and I'm loving Myles and Barrowman.

Oh and I really want to see Rhys go badass.

And yes those previews are way tooooo long. They just go on and on and on and on ... just stop.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:54 pm

It's interesting to me that this year's Doctor Who opened with a 2-parter mostly set in the States ... and never once felt even a little 'off', not to me anyway. This Torchwood, though ... *shrugs*.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Probably because though it was set in the States it was pretty much centred around the core team: Ponds + Doctor - the usual suspects + Canton (the lonely American).

Miracle Day is larger than that in terms of important characters who are American. Jack and Gwen are the lone soldiers in a completely different country - I think that is where it changes, maybe?

I dunno - thats how I see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Episode 2, and I'm still not really 'feeling' it ... I liked 24 and ER, I'm just not sure that Torchwood should resemble some sort of unholy hybrid of the two.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Episode 3 and I'm so far enjoying it.

As for the hybrid comment, BI, I think its more 24 than anything. Its interesting though.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:16 am

I dunno ... I've honestly now been disgruntled enough by the first 2 episodes to wonder if I'm actually going to see it through to the end.

How we ended up here from the brilliance that was Children Of Earth, I've no idea. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:25 am

Eh, still haven't seen Children of Earth and won't for another month because I've slowed my internet down watching season2.

But anyway - it's slow, different but I'm still enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Although it was about lemonade, the line 'Fizzy in the UK, flat in the USA' in tonight's ep maybe wasn't the wisest inclusion laugh .

Still, faint signs of improvement in the 'team together in a room, figuring things out' bits ... reminded me of how it used to be.

But I don't need the continual 'returns' to the hospital to remind me that people still aren't dying ... I remember that, thanks. And it's about time the Oswald Danes storyline started to go somewhere.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:03 am

Still haven't got round to watching the second episode yet. I take it the series still hasn't really got anywhere. :|
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Not overly G, no.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Things are picking up!
Back to top Go down
Lobelia Overhill

Lobelia Overhill

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:31 pm

I've managed to miss every episode so far :(

I found it on late last night and put it into my EPG (haven't got Sky + yet!)

Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:37 pm

The first three episodes are on BBC iplayer, Lobelia. :)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:35 pm

So, erm ... despite it being established that no-one on Earth is dying any more, no matter what, it now emerges that they CAN be burnt to death? :suspect:

Well, I'm afraid that throws up a couple of questions for me -

a) How come the guy in the first ep who had the bomb strapped to him wasn't killed when it went off?

b) If (as the newsreader was heard to say in last night's ep 'We've known from the start of this that flesh can still be burnt into ash' ... oh, have we now? Well, in the context of this series' set-up it's frigging news to ME, pal), then why aren't wannabe suicides simply setting fire to themselves?

Unless I missed something somewhere, they've changed the 'rules' ... and that's cheating. 🇳🇴

I'm just sticking with this series out of sheer bloody-mindedness now ... thank God Who is back on August 27th, so we can get back to this sort of thing being done RIGHT.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 am

No I don't think burning them to death kills them - it just means that there is no chance of recovery and they don't have to deal with bodies. Horrible for the people dying with NO chance of recovery but an effective clean up method I suppose.

They are still alive ... just as ash. That is nightmare fuel.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:20 am

x

Last edited by Classified Nut on Fri May 24, 2019 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:17 pm

So I'm guessing you aren't a fan of Karen Gillian's legs then?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:06 pm

x

Last edited by Classified Nut on Fri May 24, 2019 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:18 am

I think so.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:28 am

x

Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:42 am

That easy are you?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:40 am

x

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood : Miracle Day   Torchwood : Miracle Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Torchwood : Miracle Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Television & Radio-
Jump to: