More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Favourite films that never were

Go down 
+2
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
colly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

Favourite films that never were Empty
PostSubject: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:52 pm

A rehash of the old MI6 Studios thread from days gone by, this thread is essentially your domain to create the greatest films that never were. You may like to write a plot. You might like to cast your favourite book. You might like to recast a film in a different era. You might just want to lament a pairing that never was. Whatever. If it never happened and you want to imagine it - your place is here.

Let the imaginations run wild...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:12 pm

King Lear

Lear: Anthony Hopkins
Goneril: Cate Blanchett
Regan: Rachel Stirling
Cordelia: Keira Knightley
Kent: Ralph Fiennes
Gloucester: ?
Edgar: Rob James Collier
Edmond: Michael Fassbender
The Fool: John Cleese
Albany: ?
Duke of France: ?

This is something I actually started thinking about last week. As an aspriring film maker, I'd love to translate a Shakespearean story to film one day. If it were to be anytime soon, I'd like these actors cast. This also stems from Blanchett's production, where she was to produce and star in it, with her as Goneril (which I think is an excellent choice anyway) and Keira was to be Cordelia. I was trying to find more information on it on the net, but can't seem to find it anymore...
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Tonights idea came to me while watching MASH on the telly this evening - what if MASH had been made contempary with the Korean War, or just after, say... 1955? The opportunity to rejig one of my favourite TV shows with my favourite film era became quite a juicy one and this is what I've come up with so far...

Favourite films that never were Mash

Beginning with...

Favourite films that never were Vlcsnap-170396

Tom Ewell as Col. Henry Blake - would have nailed the MacLean Stevenson type role; a guy with responsibilites, a family, a practice et al, but just as much of a loose cannon as anyone around the place. And he's bloody hilarious. laugh

Favourite films that never were 12898

Tommy Noonan as Radar - the ultimate boy-man, who's comic uncertainty and shyness would have suited Radar nicely.

Favourite films that never were 4736

Arthur Kennedy as Major Frank Burns - Yes, I cast him in everything, but theres surely no-one better to play someone so pathetic as Frank Burns.

Favourite films that never were Doris_day

Doris Day as Major Margaret Houlihan - she'd have to tone down the virginity and stoke a bit more anger, but she's funny, she's blonde and around that time was hot with a capital H.O.T.

Favourite films that never were 3129652795_58443f6d3f

Red Buttons as Father Mulcahy - guy was funny without being too overt, likably sincere and you could believe him as a religious man.

Favourite films that never were Sjff_03_img1208

Dean Martin as Klinger - not sure why but I had a vision of Dino roaming the camp in women's clothing trying to get out of the army. Sounded humouros enough.

as for Hawkeye and Trapper...

I kinda settled on Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon as a dream team, thought they were incompatible - then I realized they were in SOME LIKE IT HOT together. laugh I spose theyd work okay then. Even if I couldnt fit it Elliot Reid. Or Tony Randall. Maybe as Frank Burns?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
King Lear

Lear: Anthony Hopkins
Goneril: Cate Blanchett
Regan: Rachel Stirling
Cordelia: Keira Knightley
Kent: Ralph Fiennes
Gloucester: ?
Edgar: Rob James Collier
Edmond: Michael Fassbender
The Fool: John Cleese
Albany: ?
Duke of France: ?

Sounds like a Baz Luhrmann film.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Kubrick's Napoleon movie.

I'll try to think of a cast later.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Orson Welles's HEART OF DARKNESS.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/jam811/ROOT/FALL%2008/Report%20-%20HOD/1225586.pdf

Give me some time.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Curses, all I can think off is Guns of Navarone but with Kenneth More (before he heckled somebody and got replaced by Niv). Hardly dream cast but there we go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Salomé wrote:
Kubrick's Napoleon movie.

I'll try to think of a cast later.

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite films that never were   Favourite films that never were Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite films that never were
Page 1 of 1