More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Craig never liked Connery

Go down 
+20
jaguar007
Ffolkes
Seve
Prince Kamal Khan
trevanian
GeneralGogol
bitchcraft
Fae
bondfan06
G section
Salomé
CJB
Makeshift Python
Lazenby.
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
colly
Perilagu Khan
Control
Largo's Shark
tiffanywint
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Craig never liked Connery  Empty
PostSubject: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:00 am

Well here it is , the massive ego that is our boy Craig, has finally laid his cards on the table.

His britches are so big now, he can just come right out and say it.

Craig, for his part, talks about former 007s (“I never liked Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan much,”

quoted from below article

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/07/21/cowboys-and-aliens-harrison-ford-daniel-craig-this-weeks-cover/

Well it all makes sense now. Craig considers himself the anti-Connery, hence his tolerance of all the pc crap that pollutes his movies.

What a jerk. The sooner his tenure ends the better off this franchise will be, but that's been obvious for a while.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:17 am

Isn't this the same actor who gave a paean to Sean at his AFI tribute?

Skip to 7:50.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:36 am

Fire him.

And I'm being serious.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:06 am

Well, at least he's honest.

But if he blasts Lazenby I'll put his scrote in the sod!

:x
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 am

I think this thread is missing the main point here.

He doesnt like Brosnan. 8)

Quote :
Well it all makes sense now. Craig considers himself the anti-Connery

Oh come on TW. laugh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:19 am

I think it's rubbish. He said himself at that AFI tribute, and he and Brosnan have said that they go out for drinks every so often.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:45 am

Can't judge this comment until I've seen it in full context of the interview. Don't believe Craig would have just came straight out and said he didn't like Connery. Something's been twisted somewhere here, as IIRC Craig's endorsed Connery in the past. Though I can definitely understand him thinking nothing of Brosnan's Bond, if that's the case, although that too is likely just an out-of-context punchline to promote the mag in question.

And, regarding the interviews in question, since when has Harrison Ford stating he'd wanted Han Solo to be killed in Jedi been any kind of a scoop/revelation/surprise? He said this years ago, it's common knowledge among Star Wars fans (and probably a lot of cinema fans in general, come to that).

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:43 am

I'm with Lazenby, it doesn't gel. These are the same people who claimed there wouldn't be another Bond film for several years because of the MGM problems, right before the announcement of MGM getting their stuff together and green lighting Bond 23.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:05 am

Craig never liked Connery  Biography

"Shuck it, blondie. Shuck it long and shuck it hard."
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:07 am

colly wrote:

Quote :
Oh come on TW. laugh
You're right. I'm being far too kind. Craig's massive ego probably dictates that he be perceived as better than Connery. In fact I'm sure he's convinved himself of that already and probably Babs too.

I can just hear Babs and Craig yakking about what dress Craig would wear for the psa.
" Dan you're so progressive. Sean would never have agreed to let me dress him up in a dress"
"Well I'm a good little liberal drone Babs. I'm tolerant of everything Babs, but more to the point, I want to be worshipped for being tolerant of everything, unlike that misoygnist dinosaur Connery."
"Tee-hee-hee Dan. I love it when Dench schools Brozzer with that line. That's my favourite Bond moment ever."
" Babs, I'm your boy. We're going to make this Bond guy, a hero of pc international, but first we have to cure the public of this notion that Sean was the best Bond. The guy used to pat girls on the bum for crissakes. (shudder) What a misogynist. God I love that word. Miss- og- in- ist. Makes me feel so smart when I say it. I am so the best Bond ever......and the most progressive."
"I love you Dan. Want to come to my femnist meeting. I'm leading today's discussion, "Why Can't 007 be a woman?"
"Babs, you are so progressive!"
"I am sooooo"
"Yes you are!"
"Yes I am"
"Oh go on...........'
VOMIT
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:19 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Relax.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 am

colly wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
Relax.

Touche!laugh
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:52 am

I find this hard to believe, especially since DC is usually very, very image-conscious. Why would he consciously stir up a hornets nest by making disparaging remarks about Connery and Brosnan?
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 am

3:50 onwards.

And I'm sure Craig has said at one point that he takes a lot from Connery's Bond.

I think this interview is most likely a load of tosh.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 pm

This looks like more crap from EW. Craig has stated on numerous occasions that he is inspired by Connery.

I think all the Bonds have some mutual respect for each other apart from Lazenby and Brosnan. Something about Lazenby of being not showing his "feminine" side

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Quote :
And I'm sure Craig has said at one point that he takes a lot from Connery's Bond.
Like any good smoothy, DC is very skilled at making the appropriate noises at the appropriate time, but how does he really feel?
Well maybe Craig let it slip out this time.
He's a big movie star. He's surrounded by people telling him how great he is 24/7.
What's the ultimate ego stroke to playing James Bond?
Maybe having people telling you you're better than the legend himself, the guy that started it all, and I'm sure he's got no shortage of sychophants willing to tell him just that, especially if they sense that's what he might want to hear.

Dan seems very pleased with himself these days and he loves being praised for his oh so progressive views, even to the point of making as ass of himself.
Remember this widely reported gem from 2008?

"He says, "Why not? I think in this day and age, fans would have accepted it. No one would bat an eyelid."

That's never going to happen, but Craig still wants to appear open to the idea. He's progressive after all.
Any normal person, would have said, "no, that's not who Bond is."
But you never know what a self absorbed actor might say. Its the most narcissistic of professions.
And then there's his doing Bond up in drag for Babs "cause"

They both come across as a couple of self absorbed loons.
But really this phenomenon is nothing new.
The second generation of many successful enterprises often fail to even come close to measuring up to the originals who made the property great in the first place.

Last edited by tiffanywint on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Timmer - I feel like you are determined to hate Craig.

Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Fae wrote:
Timmer - I feel like you are determined to hate Craig.

Just sayin'

Hate isn't the word. I think he's rather full of himself and it keeps slipping out.

I would though be all for firing him and replacing him. Enough is enough.
If the next movie bombs at least we would be rid of him and maybe get someone that looks the part and minus the movie star complex and the pc pretentions.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 pm

I get the sense, tiffy, that DC will be around at least through B24. He seems to like portraying Bond and hardly seems to be looking for a way out.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: wq   Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:33 pm

CJB wrote:
Craig never liked Connery  Biography

"Shuck it, blondie. Shuck it long and shuck it hard."

laugh
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Even if Craig isn't a big fan of Connery's I can't see why anyone wants to tear him a new asshole. Is there some law that everyone must pay homage to Connery? Let's all erect a 60 foot bronze statue of Connery and gather around it saying the Connery prayer and dance around it with a tamborine.

Ever since that comment about slapping woman I think Connery can go fuck himself. Nyah nyah, I just dissed Connery too...

I'm sure the Connery police will now say that slapper comment was taken out of context...probably the same way Craig's was.

ooh nooooooooo, this means I'm not a Bond fan.

I am, I'm just not a big fan of Connery's Bond.... 🐷

Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 am

I can't imagine Craig pouring his heart out to a publication like that one. EW probably just leaked that tongue-in-cheek phrase to sell more magazines. We don't know the context behind it. I frankly don't care much about the rest of this interview anyway.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:35 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Even if Craig isn't a big fan of Connery's I can't see why anyone wants to tear him a new asshole. Is there some law that everyone must pay homage to Connery? Let's all erect a 60 foot bronze statue of Connery and gather around it saying the Connery prayer and dance around it with a tamborine.

Ever since that comment about slapping woman I think Connery can go fuck himself. Nyah nyah, I just dissed Connery too...

I'm sure the Connery police will now say that slapper comment was taken out of context...probably the same way Craig's was.

ooh nooooooooo, this means I'm not a Bond fan.

I am, I'm just not a big fan of Connery's Bond.... 🐷

I'm all for a bronze statue of Connery.
As for context. The context of Connery's slapper comments and Craig's latest stupid comments are quite clear. Both said what they said. Context is not an issue.
Although I can't remember Connery's slapper comments, I do remember his comments to Barbara Wah Wah,
who was following up on the original slapper comments I guess.
Sean laid it down good for her. He basically told her, don't you be lecturing me you sactimonious bitch, you want somthing provactive, I'll give it to you, and in spades. Chew on that you cow, is basically the message he was communicating.
Now he still said what he said, so he's stuck with it and if feminists want to go ballistic, he certainly gave them some good ammo.

===What makes Craig's comments about Sean (and Pierce) so reprehensible, is that the comments reek of ego out of control.
Nothing is served by making such comments publicly. Its disrespectful to the franchise, to the fanbase etc.
If he had any class he'd keep his mouth shut.

Imagine this " Hi I am the new lead singer of the Rolling Stones, but I don't much like Jagger's work"
'Hi I am playing Dirty Harry in the new series of movies but I don't much like what Clint Eastwood did with the character"

The respective fan bases would go ballistic and rightly so.

We fans shoot our mouths off all the time. We are fans. Short for fan-atic. We pay our money. We can bitch and moan or erect bronze statues.
Craig's not a fan though. He's on the payroll. He's part of the franchise. Conners and Broz are his peers. How bout a little professional respect.

And really how stupid is he? Taking pot shots at Connery as Bond! Why not add that the Beatles would have been a better band without John Lennon or that Wayne Gretzky wasn't really that great a hockey player. Go nuts!🐘
===
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:05 am

And as far as 'progressive' goes, Connery wore a wedding dress in ZARDOZ, but when Craig was only first starting to fall down and bruise his knees.

It took more than two decades for Walters to get Connery on the open handed slap comment, which was in PLAYBOY circa TB. Why she'd go that far back is one question, but maybe not the right one.

I'll be interested in seeing if he really put his foot this deep in his mouth or if it is spin, but I can easily believe the former (being among the original haters of the Craig casting, and never having wavered from that view, despite his absolutely competent acting in parts of QoS.)
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:23 am

tiffanywint wrote:
colly wrote:

Quote :
Oh come on TW. laugh
You're right. I'm being far too kind. Craig's massive ego probably dictates that he be perceived as better than Connery. In fact I'm sure he's convinved himself of that already and probably Babs too.

I can just hear Babs and Craig yakking about what dress Craig would wear for the psa.
" Dan you're so progressive. Sean would never have agreed to let me dress him up in a dress"
"Well I'm a good little liberal drone Babs. I'm tolerant of everything Babs, but more to the point, I want to be worshipped for being tolerant of everything, unlike that misoygnist dinosaur Connery."
"Tee-hee-hee Dan. I love it when Dench schools Brozzer with that line. That's my favourite Bond moment ever."
" Babs, I'm your boy. We're going to make this Bond guy, a hero of pc international, but first we have to cure the public of this notion that Sean was the best Bond. The guy used to pat girls on the bum for crissakes. (shudder) What a misogynist. God I love that word. Miss- og- in- ist. Makes me feel so smart when I say it. I am so the best Bond ever......and the most progressive."
"I love you Dan. Want to come to my femnist meeting. I'm leading today's discussion, "Why Can't 007 be a woman?"
"Babs, you are so progressive!"
"I am sooooo"
"Yes you are!"
"Yes I am"
"Oh go on...........'
VOMIT

laugh Have you considered becoming an author, timmer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig never liked Connery    Craig never liked Connery  Empty

Back to top Go down

Craig never liked Connery
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: