More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0

Go down 
+48
hegottheboot
Moore
Krilencu
Walecs
00Beast
AMC Hornet
Mr Bond
Fort Knox
Prisoner Monkeys
groucho070
Fairbairn-Sykes
TedHeath
DavidSomerset
Loomis
saint mark
Thunderpussy
Harmsway
lachesis
Chief of SIS
bitchcraft
Gravity's Silhouette
Sleeper
trevanian
Control
SJK91
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
bondfan06
tiffanywint
Seve
GeneralGogol
The White Tuxedo
G section
Prince Kamal Khan
Makeshift Python
CJB
Salomé
Louis Armstrong
Perilagu Khan
Lazenby.
lalala2004
Tubes
colly
Vesper
Largo's Shark
Mr. Trevelyan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fae
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 am

There's no denying Connery's coolness. Hell, I'd rate the bit in the PTS where he puts his lighter next to his watch just before the explosion as one of the coolest moments in the series.

Maybe it's the fact that so much of the film features Bond messing things up and being in captivity, but I dunno, he's just not that dangerous SOB he was in DN & FRWL.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:40 am

CJB wrote:
There's no denying Connery's coolness. Hell, I'd rate the bit in the PTS where he puts his lighter next to his watch just before the explosion as one of the coolest moments in the series.

Maybe it's the fact that so much of the film features Bond messing things up and being in captivity, but I dunno, he's just not that dangerous SOB he was in DN & FRWL.

GF is an iconic Bond film, but it's also somewhat of a quirky film. Style over substance. Understandably its not going to be everyone's favourite or even top 10. No Sean's not quite as deadly as he was in the first two films. He's a brought a more relaxed persona to the role ( after all he's got to get thru a golf game. One has to be relaxed to play golf properly) but in my hopelessly biased fan-boy opinion he's perfection in all 6 of his films, so I don't quibble or even make distinctions.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:17 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
The worst part has to be when he's basically begging for his life on the laser table. laugh
He hardly does that!

It is quite dissimilar in many ways to DN and FRWL, though. It might be a small wonder that the series didn't go off the rails with Goldfinger. Peter Hunt said this about the film in an interview that Sharky posted a while back:
Quote :
I had to pummel it into the same sort of style that the other two films were; taking what I was given and shaping it like the other two. It was not coming out like them, and my confidence was based on what I had already done.
I think Tux once asserted that Hamilton's direction has a good style and playfulness to it that Young's lacked. I agree with that.

LALD and TMWTGG are two of the dullest-looking in the series, though, so I don't know what happened to Hamilton. (Lack of Ken Adam probably didn't help.)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:50 pm

CJB wrote:

Also the look on Connery's face as the explosion goes off is priceless ... no triumphalism, more 'Ah yes ... I did that, didn't I?' .
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:39 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
GF makes no sense in parts but I don't care. I love this film. I love the music, the whole 60's vibe, Connery's uber-cool relaxed performance, the Aston, the first real snappy Bond and Q banter scene, the girls, the guns, the OTT villains, the dialogue. I love every scene. The pts still gives me goosebumps, especially when tux-attired Sean enters the bordello, and cooly lights a fag, as all hell breaks loose. And the music. GF is best watched at ear-splitting volume, especially the title track and then the transition to Bond and Dink in Miami. I always get a hankering for Kentucky Fried Chicken when I watch this film. Next time I think I'll buy a bucket in advance.

GF and DAF are my one-two Bond desert island films. I've probably watched both about 100 times. Way more than any other Bonds

Might do a GF/DAF double-bill soon. Followed by a LALD/TMWTGG double-bill. A Guy Hamilton tribute.

You're a good ambassador for GF, tiffy. And Colonel Sanders.

:)
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:45 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

You're a good ambassador for GF, tiffy. And Colonel Sanders.

:)
That Kentucky Fried Chicken sign has stood the test of time. It's as popular today as its ever been.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:26 pm

But I remember back in the good old days where every Kentucky Fried Chicken (not KFC) had an oversized bucket o' yardbird rotatin' on a pole.

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 KFC-daytime-color
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:49 pm

The bucket was a landmark. I guess they are long gone. We had one around the corner at the local mall. It was like a beacon. It was a standard meeting place. I used to meet girls "under the Kentucky Fried Chicken Bucket," if I didn't want them coming around the house, or I didn't want to go to their place, and meet mom and dad.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Colonel Sanders' would seem the logical place to meet chicks.

PS--I understand some--but not many--of those bucket signs still exist.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Colonel Sanders' would seem the logical place to meet chicks.

PS--I understand some--but not many--of those bucket signs still exist.

"to meet chicks." laugh

"The wit, Mister Kidd. Amusing, Mr. Wint"

Nice to know that some of the big-bucket signs still exist. I wonder why the dropping of the "Kentucky" name? Maybe it was thought that it might compromise the brand's appeal in big urban centres populated by diverse cutural demos.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:26 pm

I've heard that the whole idea was to drop "Fried" from the name in this, our health-conscious age. And besides, da kidz like da 'nishals, and ain't got no time tuh say Kentucky Fried Chicken or Kernel Sanderz.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I've heard that the whole idea was to drop "Fried" from the name in this, our health-conscious age. And besides, da kidz like da 'nishals, and ain't got no time tuh say Kentucky Fried Chicken or Kernel Sanderz.

Troof!
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:17 am

These days GOLDFINGER might be my personal favorite Bond film.

I watched THE SPY WHO LOVED ME. I like it, but I don't love it.

And it has THE worst fight in the Bond series IMHO.

I just feel like watching some Moore Bonds at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:41 am

The worst for me is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KFXDkvWm5Y#t=17s

One of them just taps Bond on the back and just stands there so Sir Rog can take the time to turn around and make the most unconvincing kick ever. laugh
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 4:52 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
The worst for me is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KFXDkvWm5Y#t=17s

One of them just taps Bond on the back and just stands there so Sir Rog can take the time to turn around and make the most unconvincing kick ever. laugh

Yeah, it's close for me.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:03 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
But I remember back in the good old days where every Kentucky Fried Chicken (not KFC) had an oversized bucket o' yardbird rotatin' on a pole.

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 KFC-daytime-color

The last time I went to KFC was about four years ago. It was late, I had just gotten off a train and didn't have anything to eat since breakfast. Before I was about to order, some fat guy entered the joint, breathing heavily and swearing. He was angry about not getting mashed potatoes or biscuits, or something incredibly ridiculous. It got to the point where the man was so furious that he was pounding on the counter, and that's when I just decided to leave. laugh

I don't think I'll ever go back to one again.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:11 am

I went to a Popeye's and liked it a lot more.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:19 am

Briefly worked at KFC when I was 16. Very briefly. The place smells like grease that's been pumped from an elephant's rectum.

Oh, and never have their "gravy"... I've seen how it gets made. laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:00 am

CJB wrote:
Briefly worked at KFC when I was 16. Very briefly. The place smells like grease that's been pumped from an elephant's rectum.

Oh, and never have their "gravy"... I've seen how it gets made. laugh

Pumped from an elephant's rectum?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:02 am

Direct line from the sewer out front of the restaurant. Processed, of course. Totally safe. Good for the environment.

Van Jones approves.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:57 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I went to a Popeye's and liked it a lot more.

I love Colonel Sanders and Popeye's. And there's a place here in Texas called the Golden Chick (Shirley Eaton approved!) that's dam' good.

And don't tell me about the gravy, CJB. I love the stuff.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:03 pm

It's all about Nando's!
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:29 pm

In Kentucky we have Lee's Famous Recipe. Can't beat their wedges. All in all, great heart attack fuel.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Sharky wrote:
It's all about Nando's!

The hot sauce? Or does Nando's also run a chicken joint?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
It's all about Nando's!

The hot sauce? Or does Nando's also run a chicken joint?

Nando's is pretty big here in the UK, and yes it does chicken in all shapes in forms, preferably marinaded in Piri-Piri Sauce. For me it's a relatively healthy alternative to KFC, McDonald's and Burger King. Subway's alright, tho'.

I like Urban Dictionary's definitions for McDoland's

Quote :
McDonalds

A place where people eat alot, get fat, and then sue to get money.
I ate at McDonalds everyday for 7 years and now I weigh 500 pounds, so I'm gonna sue them to make some cash.

Quote :
McDonalds

Restaurant that's sued by fat ass bitches for making them fat even though the fat ass order five supersized meals a day.
Eat responsibly.

And my favourite.

Quote :
McDonalds

Shit served in plastic containers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next