More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The CB.n Thread

Go down 
+37
Vesper
saint mark
Stamper
Jack Wade
marketto007
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Blunt Instrument
David Schofield
Prisoner Monkeys
doubleoego
Triviachamp
Aris
Napoleon Solo
EyelessCougar
dodgecunningham
danslittlefinger
jaguar007
Santa
Hilly
Fae
Righty007
coco1997
CJB
clublos
Lazenby.
tiffanywint
Capsule in Space
Perilagu Khan
RobDudley
dalton
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Chief of SIS
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Louis Armstrong
bitchcraft
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

The CB.n Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:31 am

I miss
ImTheMoneyPenny
CrimsonJC96
Mharkin
to name a few...they were also so nice to me and supportive.
Nice to see Jag over here and some others.

So glad I'm here though. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 am

Mharkin's here as EyelessCougar.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 am

Sharky wrote:

Ahh, didn't know that...many thanks. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:10 am

jaguar007 wrote:
Capsule in Space wrote:
It is nice to see you here Jaguar!

Jaguar and I have had some intense debates over at CBn, but I consider him a nice guy who is really passionate and knowledgeable about spy fiction. He's really into collecting stuff, and I was blown away by the picture of his James Bond room that he posted at CBn. Anyway, I am happy to see him here.

Thanks for the kind words Capsule. Yes, we disagree on the Craig era, but agree on The Saint :D

My pleasures. Also, I think we both agree that the entire process to renew [i]The Saint[/i is as frustrating as it is disheartening. All of these false developments make me pessimistic about the series being renewed.

Back to top Go down
Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 am

danslittlefinger wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Yes, I see a lot of CBners are finding refuge here.

I think the recent actions of CBn have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. These upset people seem to have found different places to go, and this has led to less input in the discussion threads. Perhaps many people find CBn has become "dull", as Jaguar007 put it, because of this decrease in interaction.

For those of you that were suspended, do you plan on frequenting CBn as much as you did prior to suspension, or do you think you will devote most of your time to other related forums?

For the non-suspended folks, taking under consideration the recent negative developments at CBn, do you find yourselves spending less time at CBn? If yes, then do you see this as being a long-term trend, or even a permanent one?

Back to top Go down
Righty007

Righty007

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:45 am

Capsule in Space wrote:
danslittlefinger wrote:
Sharky wrote:

For those of you that were suspended, do you plan on frequenting CBn as much as you did prior to suspension, or do you think you will devote most of your time to other related forums?

To paraphrase Elektra King, "I've let the CBn Team stab me in the back twice. I won't make that mistake a third time."

I plan on mainly lurking at CBn and posting solely in the John Gardner forum. I think my Bond forum days are over. Bond and Beyond is great but I have a post history at CBn that spans 8 years and now I have to abandon it because of a poof like Jim.
Back to top Go down
RobDudley

RobDudley

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:46 am

Capsule in Space wrote:
Sharky wrote:

For the non-suspended folks, taking under consideration the recent negative developments at CBn, do you find yourselves spending less time at CBn? If yes, then do you see this as being a long-term trend, or even a permanent one?

I guess it depends whether you see it as a negative trend. Didn't much like CBn - furiously cliquey, humourless, blinkered - but given what I've been reading here and by whom it's been posted, I'm beginning to sympathise with whatever decision it was that booted people out. Never thought I would write that.
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 am

Righty007 wrote:
Sharky wrote:
I have a post history at CBn that spans 8 years and now I have to abandon it because of a poof like Jim.
Unfortunately none of that matters now that you can only go back and find posts dating back to last August. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
jaguar007

jaguar007

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:16 am

CBn is still the first website I look at everyday and like Righty, I have a long CBn history and have made many friends on CBn. I also really like the layout and how it is used. It is unfortunate that many people have quit posting there. Hopefully as news gears up for Bond 23, things will get going again
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:37 pm

RobDudley wrote:
Capsule in Space wrote:
Sharky wrote:

I guess it depends whether you see it as a negative trend. Didn't much like CBn - furiously cliquey, humourless, blinkered - but given what I've been reading here and by whom it's been posted, I'm beginning to sympathise with whatever decision it was that booted people out. Never thought I would write that.

Well, mate, you're obviously too good for everybody. Maybe you could do us all a favor and form a password-protected website of one in which you could converse endlessly with yourself and engage in eternal self-congratulation. Should be most rewarding.
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 pm

[quote="RobDudley"]
Capsule in Space wrote:
Sharky wrote:
but given what I've been reading here and by whom it's been posted, I'm beginning to sympathise with whatever decision it was that booted people out. Never thought I would write that.
What does this even mean? :roll:
Back to top Go down
dodgecunningham

dodgecunningham

PostSubject: Good to see you again   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Chief of SIS wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
If you former CBn'ers don't mind me asking, what t*** moderator is driving you all to B&B?

Regardless, it's nice having you all here.

It actually wasn't the mods at all for me. It was the petty arguing that got in the way of the topics that really started to tick me off. I often brought up a point and would want to have a discussion about something on topic and it would get lost in the cross-fire of adolescent bickering and pompous self-defense. Most of the boards turned into large pissing matches where everyone felt they had to respond to every little personal attack made. From posters like Jim to Gravity included. But no hard feelings towards Gravity. I don't really blame him for responding to every comment directed at him. No one ever took his opinions well. They're his opinions. They often attacked him just for having them. Sure, presentation was a little radical sometimes but everyone at the boards took it way too personal. I think you'll like it here much more Gravity.

As for me, I'm a moderate. I am often rational and attempt to use critical thinking when making decisions. Throwing attacks and rebuttals into the vast hole that is the internet is a waste of time. Therefore CBn started to become a waste of my time.

A Last word on Jim, I am sure he's a good guy. There is nothing wrong with the mods. Everyone grows up. I'm sure he has seen more fights and bickering over the years on that board to know how things will play out. At least he is still having fun posting it looks like. More power to him.

Was just referred to this site by another CBn member and am glad to re-found you, after my own long absence from that site. I know something of your troubles there and have been on the receiving end of multiple attacks--the worst being over QoS, for my daring to suggest it wasn't the best of Bond films.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rebmacrath.blogspot.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:18 pm

dodgecunningham wrote:
have been on the receiving end of multiple attacks--the worst being over QoS, for my daring to suggest it wasn't the best of Bond films.

Sounds familiar. Nothing worse than blind loyalty.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Shadowonthesun will lead you to the shooting wall.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 pm

I think most on Cb.n will know him as Captain Tightpants.
Back to top Go down
EyelessCougar

EyelessCougar

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Capsule in Space wrote:
danslittlefinger wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Yes, I see a lot of CBners are finding refuge here.

I think the recent actions of CBn have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. These upset people seem to have found different places to go, and this has led to less input in the discussion threads. Perhaps many people find CBn has become "dull", as Jaguar007 put it, because of this decrease in interaction.

I love Bond a lot, and I want to discuss it indepth. Hopefully CBn will accommodate this again. There's no denying that it's not at the minute.

To answer your question. I'm just about on CBn as much as I was, but it's obvious that it's went downhill quite a lot. There's nothing really going on there anymore. It's lost a lot of members over the past few years, and the reason I joined this is because it's more active. There's nothing worse than generating discussion then having no replies. It just gets... boring. Keep hoping that things will heaten up once Bond 23 has been titled and filming begins! Seems a bit doubtful though.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/eyelesscougar
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Avarice wrote:
dodgecunningham wrote:
have been on the receiving end of multiple attacks--the worst being over QoS, for my daring to suggest it wasn't the best of Bond films.

I now see why you're plumping for Dink.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Don't want to get into too much, but there was definitely inconsistency with the way some moderators dealt with people.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:33 am

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Avarice wrote:
dodgecunningham wrote:

I now see why you're plumping for Dink.

Ahh Dink. One of the great Bond girls! 8)
Back to top Go down
Aris

Aris

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:26 pm

The way that CBn ended up saddens me to speak the truth. I miss the good old days. And to be honest I don't think that it'll never return to its former glory. Many moderators have vanished just like many members did, including myself. I don't blame the lack of news, it's something else. Many have moved on and don't care anymore. For example Qwerty admitted that Bond isn't a big part of his current life and I think many of us agree here.
Another thing that was perhaps the punch that brought the boards to their knees was the reputation system. I don't mean that it was a bad thing that it was introduced to the forums. Not at all. The bad thing was how we used it. We used it 100% immaturely. Many comments got positive votes just because the members that submitted them were extremely popular. On the other hand people got negatives just because they disagreed. Clearly that wasn't the initial intention of the moderators.

Anyway, I pray for the return of it as much as I can and I'm sure that this forum will be as great or why not, greater!
Back to top Go down
Triviachamp
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Triviachamp

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:55 am

Hi, I'm also from CBN.

I'm really out the loop. I hadn't been visiting CBN lately (seems to have died down) and it seems I missed something big going down. Oh well.

Hell I hadn't visited MI6 in years, I' guess it's gone? Shows how out of the loop I am. laugh
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 pm

MI6 reorganized under a diffferent URL. I think they purged the archives, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi... I'm there... Just in case anyone cares...
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:49 am

Ohai, newbies :)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 pm

A member on Cb.n registered as "bondandbeyondrules" made a trolling post on Santa's "coco, Righty and Gravity" thread. It's now been deleted by staff, but it was along the lines of "me and the shark are stealing your best members lol!!! they've all gone to bondandbeyond. haha you lose, we won!!!!"

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/user/15686-bondandbeyondrules/

Subtle stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The CB.n Thread
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next