More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

.............. Empty
PostSubject: ..............   .............. EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

.............. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ..............   .............. EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Sharky wrote:

The global warming establishment sprang into action, pressured the Western governments that control CERN, and almost immediately succeeded in suspending CLOUD. It took Mr. Kirkby almost a decade of negotiation with his superiors, and who knows how many compromises and unspoken commitments, to convince the CERN bureaucracy to allow the project to proceed. And years more to create the cloud chamber and convincingly validate the Danes’ groundbreaking theory.

Yet this spectacular success will be largely unrecognized by the general public for years — this column will be the first that most readers have heard of it — because CERN remains too afraid of offending its government masters to admit its success. Weeks ago, CERN formerly decided to muzzle Mr. Kirby and other members of his team to avoid “the highly political arena of the climate change debate,” telling them “to present the results clearly but not interpret them” and to downplay the results by “mak[ing] clear that cosmic radiation is only one of many parameters.” The CERN study and press release is written in bureaucratese and the version of Mr. Kirkby’s study that appears in the print edition of Nature censored the most eye-popping graph — only those who know where to look in an online supplement will see the striking potency of cosmic rays in creating the conditions for seeding clouds.

CERN, and the Danes, have in all likelihood found the path to the Holy Grail of climate science. But the religion of climate science won’t yet permit a celebration of the find.

By Lawrence Solomon

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2011/08/26/lawrence-solomon-science-now-settled/

I've always felt that humans are ruining the earth through pollution, but to the extent that it could cause nature to fundamentally alter itself and get worse......not so sure about that. And the biggest reason I am dubious of climate change believers is because it feels like it's become a religion all unto its own; a cult where you are never to question the official teachings or the teachers. It's become so politicized, so quickly, in just the past decade or two, that I just tune it all out now. It's become a tool and weapon wielded against political foes. If the truth of the science were so clear cut and understandable, the planet wouldn't need activists and lobbyists out there trying to convince skeptics it's "climate change".

My climate changes everyday. It's cool when I wake up to go to work, and by late afternoon it's hot. THAT's climate change. Did I cause it to change though? That's the question. Did my actions or behaviors cause a 20-degree temperature change throughout the day? We'll find out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

.............. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ..............   .............. EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

My climate changes everyday. It's cool when I wake up to go to work, and by late afternoon it's hot. THAT's climate change. Did I cause it to change though? That's the question. Did my actions or behaviors cause a 20-degree temperature change throughout the day? We'll find out.

That's what we call weather over here. So that's climate in America, had no idea. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

.............. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ..............   .............. EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Are cosmic rays and the sun eating away the ozone layer? You mean it isn't the chlorofluorocarbon in my hairspray?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

.............. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ..............   .............. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: