More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Die Hard Series

Go down 
+24
j7wild
Salomé
Fort Knox
Jack Wade
Seve
Prisoner Monkeys
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Toppers
Blunt Instrument
saint mark
Hilly
dr. strangelove
Louis Armstrong
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
Tubes
Santa
Control
The White Tuxedo
Lazenby.
Harmsway
Loomis
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

The Die Hard Series - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:57 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Loomis wrote:
My own DIE HARD sequel idea would be a bit like Ridley Scott's BLACK RAIN - or, even better, Sydney Pollack's THE YAKUZA (one of my favourite films).
I like it, but there are a few little things that I would change. I think you've made McClane a little too cynical; I, for one, think he's at his best when he's being sarcastic, though the cynicism is there.

In what way(s) have I made McClane a little too cynical?
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:32 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
DIE HARDON.

How about ANGELS HARD AS THEY DIE ?

There actually was a ANGELS HARD AS THEY COME biker flick. Would love to have seen a snapshot of somebody doubletaking at the marquee.

DIE HARD DAY'S NIGHT sounds like Truffaut filming a McClane movie.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 2:36 am

A new trailer plus a teaser poster:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59291

I'm in a minority, I know, but I find the poster amusing, and I like this trailer. Yep, we're a long, long way from Nakatomi Plaza, but once you get past that sad fact A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD does look like good, goofy fun. If DIE HARD was the FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE of the franchise, A GOOD DAY looks to be its MOONRAKER.... but MOONRAKER, for all its silliness (indeed, perhaps because of its silliness) does have its enjoyable moments.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side here. Trust me, no one here is a more devoted fan of John McTiernan's original than I am, but I guess all we can do is take A GOOD DAY on its own merits. And like I say, it does look fun (maybe).

Man, is Willis looking old, though.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Loomis wrote:

The shot at 1:13 looks familiar.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Loomis wrote:

I'm in a minority, I know, but I find the poster amusing, and I like this trailer. Yep, we're a long, long way from Nakatomi Plaza, but once you get past that sad fact A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD does look like good, goofy fun.
It does. I'll see it. If I can get through LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, then I can definitely make it through this.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:21 pm

I am looking forward to Willis' McCLane back into action.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:14 pm

I'll wait for word of mouth.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Loomis wrote:

I'm in a minority, I know, but I find the poster amusing, and I like this trailer. Yep, we're a long, long way from Nakatomi Plaza, but once you get past that sad fact A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD does look like good, goofy fun.
It does. I'll see it. If I can get through LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, then I can definitely make it through this.

I'm not particularly fond of LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, but I wonder whether the worst film of the series is actually DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE. Despite many good elements and McTiernan in the director's chair, it's one of those films that somehow manages to seem much less than the sum of its parts. There's a fundamental sluggishness to it - for some reason, it's never really involving (and the ending is a real damp squib compared to the unused ending that they could have gone with but didn't).

I'm not really getting a LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD-ish vibe from the trailers for A GOOD DAY. The vibe I'm getting is the first DIE HARD meeting THE EXPENDABLES 2.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:10 pm

It looks as if they've learned nothing whatsoever from what made the last two Die Hard films so inferior to the first two. I'll probably wait for the DVD.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Loomis wrote:
I'm not particularly fond of LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, but I wonder whether the worst film of the series is actually DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE.
DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE is quite weak, but it does at least seem as though someone put effort into it, which isn't the case with LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, which runs on autopilot from start to finish.

Loomis wrote:
I'm not really getting a LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD-ish vibe from the trailers for A GOOD DAY. The vibe I'm getting is the first DIE HARD meeting THE EXPENDABLES 2.
Seems about right.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 am

I find DIE HARD 2 (or anything Renny Harlin.makes for that matter) to be interminably worse than DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:13 am

They should set it in a prison. McTeirnan could direct.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:25 am

Well, it would be appropriate enough, because everybody involved in making the last few Die Hards deserve to be in prison for what they've done to that series.

That trailer is laughable, predictably trying to trade on sounds and imagery associated with the only good Die Hard film, as if any of that greatness will have anything to do with their latest generic Bruce Willis action flick. Die Hard stopped being Die Hard the moment Bruce Willis got into the car with Samuel L. Jackson in the third film. They're now just rubbish "McClane and annoying kid-friendly sidekick" movies, getting more stupid, outlandish and OTT with each instalment. Such a shame, because the first film was great, the second was okay and at least the third film still had Michael Kamen and proper swearing. And, if they want to find silly ways to create original titles with the words Die Hard in the title, then Even A Diehard Fan Shouldn't Watch This sh**e Anymore would have been the appropriate one to go with.

Last edited by Lazenby. on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:19 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
I find DIE HARD 2 (or anything Renny Harlin.makes for that matter) to be interminably worse than DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE.
DIE HARD 2 is my favorite of the DIE HARD sequels.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:33 am

It's the only sequel I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:07 am

Harmsway wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
DIE HARD 2 is my favorite of the DIE HARD sequels.

By an absolute country mile IMO. John McClane's best friends were always claustrophobia and staying in one environment for two hours, with Michael Kamen, a tangible sense of season and 18-rated action close bystanders. The first two films have identities. The others are just all over the shop. If you take the name John McClane out of Die Hard 4, you're left more with Hostage 2 than a Die Hard instalment.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:56 am

I never really cared that the films strayed away from the formula of the first two where it's McClane in just one setting. Everyone calls that the "Die Hard on a [insert location]" formula, I think it was fine that WITH A VENGEANCE got away from that set up and did its own thing.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:27 am

Perhaps the thing that might save AGDTDH is that it is the first DIE HARD film with an original story - every other film has been adapted from a novel, an existing screenplay (VENGEANCE was originally intended to be a LETHAL WEAPON sequel) or, in the case of LFODH, a newspaper feature article.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 am

The second one was just a poor rehash of the first.

The third was indeed a Lethal Weapon clone.

The fourth was actually better than I had feared, up until the quite ludicrous final twenty minutes.

This looks rather dire based on the trailer. Is the world really waiting for a 57-year old John McClane?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Salomé wrote:
Is the world really waiting for a 57-year old John McClane?

Not much to be done about that. I miss the 24-year-old Oppers, she was a kitten.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

Not much to be done about that. I miss the 24-year-old Oppers, she was a kitten.

You probably miss her more than I do. ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

You probably miss her more than I do. ;)

*does pencil test. Shakes head. *

Gravity is a truly terrible thing.

Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Here's one for the DIE HARD diehards, a new interview with Hart Bochner, whose Ellis is one of the most memorable supporting characters ever to almost steal the show in an action movie:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/23335/hart-bochner-interview-ellis-in-die-hard-directing-and-more

(Mention is made of a 25th anniversary DIE HARD DVD.)
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 pm

http://latino-review.com/2013/01/03/a-good-day-die-hard-full-length-trailer-here/

New full-length trailer is up. Looks good. I think it looks more promising than Die Hard 4.0. However, I do not like the last scene in this trailer, where John and Jack are clearly up against a green screen helicopter. Too many f/x these days being done with CGI instead of old-world, in-camera stunt work.

The chemistry looks strong between Bruce Willis and Jai Courtney, and it LOOKS like Courtney is being set up to take over the Die Hard series. Based upon the trailer, it just might work. He certainly looks like a worthy successor to Willis.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:55 pm

1. Is it going to be rated R?

2. The new trailer looks even better than the previous trailers.

It brings back the old Die Hard feeling of WTF Am I Doing Here sense of Deja Vu.

3. I rather see Lucy in a Die Hard movie with her as the only McClane in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Die Hard Series   The Die Hard Series - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Die Hard Series
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next