More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Diversity Bake Sale

Go down 
+4
Perilagu Khan
CJB
Largo's Shark
Control
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Diversity Bake Sale  Empty
PostSubject: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:36 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/26/college-gop-club-wont-back-down-from-controversial-diversity-bake-sale/

Quote :
BERKELEY, CALIF. – A Republican student group in California said Monday it still intends to hold a controversial bake sale in which Asian, African-American and female students will pay less than white males.
The University of California at Berkeley College Republicans said the "Increase Diversity Bake Sale" on Tuesday is meant to be a commentary on affirmative action, adding the group has no intention of abandoning the event, FOX News Channel reported.
The bake sale will charge all white men $2 for cookies and other baked goods, while Asian men will be charged $1.50, Latino men $1, black men 75 cents and Native American men 25 cents. All women will get 25 cents off those prices.
The group said it wants to draw attention to pending legislation in California that would allow universities to consider race, gender, and ethnicity in the admissions process.
"The pricing structure of the baked goods is meant to be satirical, while urging students to think more critically about the implications of this policy," the organizers said on their Facebook page.
Berkeley's student senate voted Sunday to condemn discriminatory behavior on campus -- even if done in satire, The Daily Californian reported.
No formal action will be taken against the Berkeley College Republicans but individual students could file charges against the group, the newspaper said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/26/college-gop-club-wont-back-down-from-controversial-diversity-bake-sale/#ixzz1Z6JYfzbF

laugh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Been doing this at Baker Street for years.

All women get a discount.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:52 pm

And possibly a job application.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:58 pm

And a healthy raise. Of the knockers, that is.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:31 am

How I regret not ticking the "I am an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander" box on all those forms. Could've shot through a medical or law degree by now for around $19.95.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:34 am

I always check Inuit.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:47 am

Iknewit.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:54 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
I always check Inuit.

laugh

Bravo, Brown.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 am

I'm a woman, mixed white/indian. So how much does my fucking bake cost? I can't do the math.

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:10 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
I'm a woman, mixed white/indian. So how much does my fucking bake cost? I can't do the math.

Just turn around for them, Dogster, and I'm sure you'll get your cookies for free.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 am

CJB wrote:
How I regret not ticking the "I am an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander" box on all those forms. Could've shot through a medical or law degree by now for around $19.95.
I know the feeling - I've just been filling out those forms and stuff ... laugh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:43 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

A woman like you, Dog, shouldn't have to pay for anything. However, I would like to see you maximising your potential. Because of the current world financial climate, many people are re-training for an alternative career. I can guarantee lots of variety in the work.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

How do you feel about 2/3 Norwegian in you?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Care for a cream-filled Long John?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 pm

The irony of the bake sale is in watching people get all offended by the irony of the bake sale. The same people who were claiming "That's racist!" were the same people who have no problem allowing people to get into college at reduced admission rates or with lower test scores based on frivolous factors such as gender and race and ethnicity.

The bake sale also discriminates against gay and lesbians, and there was no mention of Jews or Muslims getting a discount either.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:25 pm

I like baking myself so why would I bother getting upset about a cake I did not make myself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 pm

saint mark wrote:
I like baking myself

Interesting. I thought I'd heard it all. Presumably you put your head in the oven?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Avarice wrote:
saint mark wrote:
I like baking myself

Interesting. I thought I'd heard it all. Presumably you put your head in the oven?

Only in Holland....
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Sharky wrote:
Avarice wrote:
saint mark wrote:
I like baking myself

Only in Holland....

That would be The Netherlands.

And I should have phrased that differently. :oops:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diversity Bake Sale    Diversity Bake Sale  Empty

Back to top Go down

Diversity Bake Sale
Page 1 of 1