More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Question about the forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Question about the forum Empty
PostSubject: Question about the forum   Question about the forum EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:13 am

when I click on a thread I am interested in reading, one that has many pages already;

for example, the last movie you watched thread, from the main forum page:

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/

not from the films news and discussion page

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/f19-film-news-and-discussion

it takes me to the first page of the thread and not to the last page, page 33

is that a bug?

most forums I go to will automatically take you to the last page of the thread when you click on the title without needing to click on page 33 under the title
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Question about the forum   Question about the forum EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:37 am

j7wild wrote:
when I click on a thread I am interested in reading, one that has many pages already;

for example, the last movie you watched thread, from the main forum page:

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/

not from the films news and discussion page

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/f19-film-news-and-discussion

it takes me to the first page of the thread and not to the last page, page 33

is that a bug?

most forums I go to will automatically take you to the last page of the thread when you click on the title without needing to click on page 33 under the title

You have to click the link in the "Last Post" column. You are clicking the link in the TOPICS column and it will always take you to the first page. Click the link in the LAST POST column and you'll get the latest post or you'll get the first post you haven't read since your last visit to that topic.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Question about the forum   Question about the forum EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:33 am

but I go to the main forum page to see what's the latest reply to a topic instead of going to each individual forum - just to save time
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Question about the forum   Question about the forum EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:34 am

j7wild wrote:
but I go to the main forum page to see what's the latest reply to a topic instead of going to each individual forum - just to save time

Same as what I said before. From the main forum page you're going to see the latest topic that has been commented upon and the latest post in that topic. If you click the link with the topic name in it, you'll go to the first page/first post of that topic. If you click the tan colored icon next to the name of the person who was the last person to post or comment in that topic, you will be taken to the last comment made or the last comment you previously read. I'll give you an example:

Suppose Mr.Blofeld started a topic about Long Dong Silver 3 days ago that is now 40 posts and 4 pages long. I initially read the first 10 posts and haven't read anything since. Then Loomis comes along an hour ago and posts a new response. Since I like to read Loomis' comments I decide to click the tan colored icon next to his name in the LAST POSTS column. In this case it will not take me to the last post (which was made by Loomis), but it will take me to post #11, because post #10 was the last post I read in this thread. If I delete my cookies on my computer then it changes the entire ballgame, but that's another story.

If I don't click the icon next to Loomis' name, but instead clink the subject line link "LONG DONG SILVER", then Forum Motion will take me to post #1.

If I had read all 39 posts in LONG DONG SILVER and then Loomis came along and made a brand new post and I clicked the icon next to his name in the LAST POSTS column, then it would have taken me directly to Loomis' post.

Part of getting to the last post depends upon #1 what you click and #2 what you've already read.

If after that explanation you still don't understand, just post pictures of breasteses.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Question about the forum   Question about the forum EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:22 pm

oh I seen those icons, never thought I could click on them or that they had any use!

:face:

thanks!

:D

guess I'll go back to posting the important stuff!!

laugh

Question about the forum C42d34154119141
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Question about the forum   Question about the forum EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Suppose Mr.Blofeld started a topic about Long Dong Silver 3 days ago that is now 40 posts and 4 pages long. I initially read the first 10 posts and haven't read anything since.

Ah Mr B. Making the case for justifiable homicide without even knowing it.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Question about the forum   Question about the forum EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Suppose Mr.Blofeld started a topic about Long Dong Silver 3 days ago that is now 40 posts and 4 pages long. I initially read the first 10 posts and haven't read anything since.

Ah Mr B. Making the case for justifiable homicide without even knowing it.

:D

In all fairness, he wasn't the first person I wrote into that response. It originally read "....Tiffany Wint started a topic about Chesty Morgan." Then it changed to "Erica Ambler started a topic about Wendy Whoppers" and then I thought, 'Hmmm, let's go with someone I don't like instead" and that's how I got to Mr.Blofeld and Long Dong Silver.

J7Wild tried to take the thread off-topic by discussing forum processes, links, last posts, etc..., but in keeping with the spirit of Bond and Beyond, I was able to get the thread back on track by making references to breasts and schlongs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Question about the forum   Question about the forum EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:50 pm

I've invited Prisoner Monkeys, Harmsway and Robdudley to be my bestest friends, but, unaccountably, they have yet to accept. Is the forum broken?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about the forum   Question about the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about the forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: