More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Best in Horror

Go down 
+10
G section
6of1
Santa
Control
The White Tuxedo
lachesis
Loomis
Harmsway
Largo's Shark
Perilagu Khan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

The Best in Horror - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best in Horror   The Best in Horror - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Well, it worked for me. Sequel's dreadful, though.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: The Best in Horror   The Best in Horror - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT is pure digital hackery. No real craft or technique, just amateurism posing as 'avant garde.' Never found it scary in the slightest, just funny.

Well, I used to find Carry On Screaming scary when I was a kid, but Blair Witch Project bored me rigid.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The Best in Horror   The Best in Horror - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:30 am

Pardon me for breathing, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Best in Horror   The Best in Horror - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:41 am

I saw it when I was 9. I was more frightened by Paul McCartney's RUPERT AND THE FROG SONG animation than that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Best in Horror   The Best in Horror - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Mark Gattis' Horror Europa documentary is available to view on BBC iPlayer for a few more days.

Quote :
Actor and writer Mark Gatiss embarks on a chilling voyage through European horror cinema. From the silent nightmares of German Expressionism in the wake of World War I to lesbian vampires in 1970s Belgium, from the black-gloved killers of Italy's bloody Giallo thrillers to the ghosts of the Spanish Civil War, Mark reveals how Europe's turbulent 20th century forged its ground-breaking horror tradition. On a journey that spans the continent from Ostend to Slovakia, Mark explores classic filming locations and talks to the genre's leading talents, including directors Dario Argento and Guillermo del Toro.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nmsw7/Horror_Europa_with_Mark_Gatiss/

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Best in Horror   The Best in Horror - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Mark Gattis' Horror Europa documentary is available to view on BBC iPlayer for a few more days.

Quote :
Actor and writer Mark Gatiss embarks on a chilling voyage through European horror cinema. From the silent nightmares of German Expressionism in the wake of World War I to lesbian vampires in 1970s Belgium, from the black-gloved killers of Italy's bloody Giallo thrillers to the ghosts of the Spanish Civil War, Mark reveals how Europe's turbulent 20th century forged its ground-breaking horror tradition. On a journey that spans the continent from Ostend to Slovakia, Mark explores classic filming locations and talks to the genre's leading talents, including directors Dario Argento and Guillermo del Toro.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nmsw7/Horror_Europa_with_Mark_Gatiss/

I'll need to give that a watch, Ambler - I thoroughly enjoyed A History of Horror.

As for best horror?
- The Wicker Man
- Don't Look Now
- Who Saw Her Die?
- The Devil Rides Out
- Theatre of Blood
- Race with the Devil
- The Abominable Dr. Phibes/Dr. Phibes Rises Again
- Dressed To Kill
- Witchfinder General

I'll stop now.
Back to top Go down