More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Blade Runner 2

Go down 
+10
GeneralGogol
Control
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
The White Tuxedo
Blunt Instrument
j7wild
FourDot
lachesis
Gravity's Silhouette
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2    Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 am

ROTFLMAO

Well to be fair, after the mess that was "Prometheus", I had very low expectations for this anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2    Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:27 am

My interest was raised when Hampton Fancher was hired to write the screenplay. I think it's generally recognised that David Peoples contributed sod-all to Blade Runner despite his screen credit.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2    Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 5:43 pm

If it were revealed that Ryan Gosling was a robot in real life if wouldn't surprise me....he struggles to play human let alone replicant.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2    Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Deakins will photograph the Blade Runner sequel.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/blade-runner-requel-roger-deakins-1201501693/

BLADE RUNNER is such a visually striking film, especially in terms of lighting. Deakins is a great choice to replicate that, IMO.

Villeneuve's cartel thriller SICARIO seems to be getting some pretty good buzz out of Cannes. Between him, Gosling, and now Deakins, I'm starting to get pretty excited for this one.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2    Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 9:01 pm

dr. strangelove wrote:

BLADE RUNNER is such a visually striking film, especially in terms of lighting. Deakins is a great choice to replicate that, IMO.

Villeneuve's cartel thriller SICARIO seems to be getting some pretty good buzz out of Cannes. Between him, Gosling, and now Deakins, I'm starting to get pretty excited for this one.

It took a long, long time for me to like BLADE RUNNER. It wasn't an easy film to warm up to. Unlike some other films that I think would merit a "reboot"/remake/sequel (Logan's Run comes to mind), BLADE RUNNER is so unique and original and stylish and forward-thinking that I just can't help but think nothing good came come of trying to go back and revisit this movie. It's been a third-of-a-century since BR came out; all the principle talent involved in it are way past their prime. There's nothing to be gained by bringing Ford back, I don't entirely trust Ridley's judgement after PROMETHEUS, and there's no sense in remaking it or using an all-new cast because there was nothing particularly deficient about the first one. It's not as if they screwed up the first film and deserve a second chance at making good on it.

Sometimes too much time has passed and it's never the same. This recent trend of releasing sequels *DECADES* after the first (or latest) film in a series hasn't really convinced me it's a good idea. TRON LEGACY...DUMB AND DUMBER TO...it's only reminded me of why the original was the best.

I don't think that about every film property, but BLADE RUNNER is unique and can't be improved upon; same with ALIEN 5; some things are best left alone after a while.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2    Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:

It took a long, long time for me to like BLADE RUNNER. It wasn't an easy film to warm up to. Unlike some other films that I think would merit a "reboot"/remake/sequel (Logan's Run comes to mind), BLADE RUNNER is so unique and original and stylish and forward-thinking that I just can't help but think nothing good came come of trying to go back and revisit this movie. It's been a third-of-a-century since BR came out; all the principle talent involved in it are way past their prime. There's nothing to be gained by bringing Ford back, I don't entirely trust Ridley's judgement after PROMETHEUS, and there's no sense in remaking it or using an all-new cast because there was nothing particularly deficient about the first one. It's not as if they screwed up the first film and deserve a second chance at making good on it.

Sometimes too much time has passed and it's never the same. This recent trend of releasing sequels *DECADES* after the first (or latest) film in a series hasn't really convinced me it's a good idea. TRON LEGACY...DUMB AND DUMBER TO...it's only reminded me of why the original was the best.

I don't think that about every film property, but BLADE RUNNER is unique and can't be improved upon; same with ALIEN 5; some things are best left alone after a while.

I tend to agree with you, in this instance a remake would be preferable to a pseudo-sequel, at least with a remake there isn't the danger of forced re evaluation of the prior work.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2    Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:24 am

Even with Deakins joining, I'm not all that interested in this film beyond what the aesthetic will be. Rather just take another Philip K. Dick property and make something worthwhile out of that.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2    Blade Runner 2  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blade Runner 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2