More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme

Go down 
+5
Largo's Shark
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
GeneralGogol
bitchcraft
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme Empty
PostSubject: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:10 am

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/880960-adele-wont-be-singing-james-bond-theme-song-says-skyfall-producer
Quote :

Speculation that the chart-topping singer would be turning her attentions to Bond mounted after she hinted on the Jonathan Ross Show in September that she would shortly be going into the studio to record 'a theme', and added, 'Wow, that's really giving something away.'

However the film's producer Barbara Broccoli has quashed the rumours by saying that nobody has yet been signed up to perform the latest 007 song.

'We've been considering several people but we haven't got anyone to announce at this stage,' she told the Daily Star.

The paper also claims that a number of artists are in contention for the coveted job, including Canadian crooner Michael Buble.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/880960-adele-wont-be-singing-james-bond-theme-song-says-skyfall-producer#ixzz1d4l5R1ZW

Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:12 am

I think EON is only about six months away from hiring a singer.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:30 am

She was never a sure thing to begin with; that was just fan supposition. Several other acts - most notably You Me At Six - have indicated that they are looking to put together a demo tape to bid for the theme. EON are clearly accepting expressions of interest as they did for QUANTUM OF SOLACE, rather than approaching them, as they did for DIE ANOTHER DAY.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 am

GeneralGogol wrote:
I think EON is only about six months away from hiring a singer.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:34 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Several other acts - most notably You Me At Six - have indicated that they are looking to put together a demo tape to bid for the theme.

Please God no. laugh
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:41 am

They're just an example. There are no doubt plenty of artists who don't announce their intentions - how many demo tapes did EON take for QUANTUM OF SOLACE? The point is that Adele was never a sure thing to begin with. She's probably one of a handful of artists who can do a song in the style of Shirley Bassey without actually sounding like a Bassey pastiche (and even Bassey's QOS submission, No Good About Goodbye sounded like a Bassey pastiche). The fans saw that, and latched onto it. They took it for granted that Adele would perform the theme, but with no hard evidence of it. It's kind of funny to watch their reactions now that Adele's availablity is in question (though she'll probably use her downtime for some songwriting - if she hasn't already delayed her surgery to record a theme for SKYFALL).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:51 am

'We've been considering several people but we haven't got anyone to announce at this stage,'

Wasn't that what she said at the Press Conference? Should I now write an article saying that Michael Wilson displayed a presentation to me which had the title "Skyfall" written on it?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
'We've been considering several people but we haven't got anyone to announce at this stage,'

Wasn't that what she said at the Press Conference? Should I now write an article saying that Michael Wilson displayed a presentation to me which had the title "Skyfall" written on it?

Somehow the article made it sound like Adele was specifically rejected by the producers, even though Babs Coltrane never said any such thing at the press conference.

I would be fine with Adele, but I'm hoping for MUSE.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Instrumental theme or bust.

...not written by Arnold, of course. ;)
Back to top Go down
Aris

Aris

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:04 pm

I guess Adele is the obvious choice. It's like Amy back in 2008.

Personally I'd like something more instrumental than a crappy balad.

I guess though we have to ditch Arnold first to have a chance for something good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme   Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme Empty

Back to top Go down

Adele is not a sure bet for Bond theme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: