More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)

Go down 
+18
tiffanywint
GeneralGogol
Thunderpussy
Makeshift Python
Just In J
Louis Armstrong
CJB
Control
colly
Hilly
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
dirtymind
FourDot
lachesis
j7wild
Prisoner Monkeys
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 am

If an elder Q can manage to design missile-laden cars that can turn into submarines, I don't he'd need to be a spring chicken to know his way 'round a computer.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:43 am

Hopefully they have Bond poking fun at his age.

And I hope he isn't going to be a carbon copy of that lame, Q-like character that Simon Pegg played in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:48 am

Posted elsewhere but I agree with this sentiment:
Quote :
Any old man Q would just invite comparisons to the "real" Q, and the new one would no doubt come up short. And if you cast another old man, how long until you're recasting again? Lastly, a young Q is logical - Boothroyd was an armorer, but Q evolved into a tech wizard, and a young guy showing white-whiskered Bond how to work his Kindle makes more sense.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 5:34 pm

I can go with a younger Q, it just might take a while to get used to. It's nice to at least have some of the old characters making a comeback. Sadly I have read that the new Q is going to me More serious, so I'm not expecting much witty remarks between him and Bond.
Although hopefully it means we might get a couple of cool gadgets in Skyfall.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Good to see this rumour confirmed. When I first heard of Whishaw's attachment to the film, it seemed only logical that he play Q. I mean, what other role could he possible have been up for... a henchman? a Bond girl?

Now I hope that the Vauxhall HQ will also be back.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:19 am

"Sunday: And another day dawns in the twelve-year-old celebritocracy that is Cleggeron's Britain."
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:54 am

CJB wrote:
If an elder Q can manage to design missile-laden cars that can turn into submarines, I don't he'd need to be a spring chicken to know his way 'round a computer.

I understand what you're saying, but the world is far different now for young, tech-savvy entrepreneurs than it was 35 or 40 years ago. It's not an oddity to see the movers and shakers of our modern technology be in their 20's and early 30's.

This is one move by EON I can't argue or complain with. I've been critical of what Babs Coltrane has been doing to the series the past decade, but this is a decision I can support.

Furthermore, of the two decisions to bring back established characters (Whishaw as Q and Naomi Harris as Moneypenny), Ben's casting is by far the more logical and reasonable of the two (though I'm open to liking the possibility of Eve's transformation from unskilled field agent to permanent secretary to M).
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:01 am

Can't wait to watch Young Q whizzing about Q-Branch on a skateboard, as an Irritable M chases after him.
Pure Fleming.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:32 am

Young is good. Young everybody I say. Let them grow in their roles.

Maybe a young Bond some day too.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:03 am

Great to hear Q will be back, and has been pointed out it makes sense that he's to be a younger man. And even at that Whishaw's 31, not 18.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:53 pm

As long as he ages and stays with the films for decades to come (and to know that he's a good Q), then I'm happy for him to stay. Still, I would have liked someone older that Craig, but if Winshaw stays for a long while, let's hope he's good!
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:15 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
As long as he ages and stays with the films for decades to come

That's extremely optimistic.Won't happen in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:15 am

Thunderpussy wrote:
Can't wait to watch Young Q whizzing about Q-Branch on a skateboard, as an Irritable M chases after him.
Pure Fleming.
Wow. What an amazing comment.

I frankly am very suprised but optimistic about the casting. It will change the dynamic and as other's have said it makes sense for time period. As long as they keep him as serious etc there should be no problem. Just because he is younger it doesn't mean he'll act like a brat.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:20 am

Sharky wrote:

Q kills Bond.... Also look out for potential future Bond, Tom Hardy.

Would have prefered Colm Meaney as Q: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiD0DNB0An8&NR#t=2m20s

Hey, he's already played a character who is a technical genius.

I'm not a big fan of this decision, although I completely understand the logic of it. i just hope he won't be like that annoying asshole in xXx, or that annoying asshole in the TOMB RAIDER movies.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:53 am

Or that annoying asshole in DAD (not Cleese, Graves' "villain Q").
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 MR-Q-the-king-of-gadgets--92705
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:18 am

Q: Bond... I'm gay.
Bond: I know.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 am

I hope nu-Q can teach us something about the world we live in.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:00 am

Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 380081_524766077538308_30711651_n
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:21 am

For Brown.

Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 Tumblr_mcu34nEYMM1qi557oo1_500
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:23 am

GayQ on top of Bond? He wishes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)   Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Whishaw cast in SKYFALL (Potential Spoilers)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2