More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy

Go down 
+37
00Beast
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
lachesis
Louis Armstrong
Santa
saint mark
j7wild
RobDudley
Gravity's Silhouette
dr. strangelove
Klaus Hergesheimer
Loomis
Harmsway
UndiscoveredCountry
Lobelia Overhill
Blunt Instrument
Tubes
Vesper
G section
Largo's Shark
SJK91
trevanian
Hilly
Control
FourDot
Chigawa
Drax
CJB
Salomé
bondfan06
The White Tuxedo
lalala2004
Fairbairn-Sykes
James. C
Makeshift Python
Lazenby.
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:27 am

Last edited by Lazenby. on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Star Wars   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:46 am

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Hayden-christensen-superman

Bitch.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
James. C
Cipher Clerk
James. C

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 am

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Luke%20vs%20darth%20vader

Probably the best Star Wars scene.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:32 am

Lazenby. wrote:

I think if there was ever to be a black Bond who I would accept, it would be circa 1980 Billy Dee ;)
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Hayden-christensen-superman

Bitch.

I wouldn't kick him out of bed....

:oops:

Then again, I'd much prefer this:

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Han-solo
In that time and place, of course. Calista Flockhart can have old man Harrison Ford..... I just want Han Solo.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:49 am

lalala2004 wrote:
Calista Flockhart can have old man Harrison Ford..... I just want Han Solo.

Well that's the real trick, isn't it? And it's gonna cost ya somethin' extra.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:54 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:11 am

One of the few things I like seeing in the prequels.

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Natalie1_bg

I certainly wouldn't kick her out of the bed.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Lazenby. wrote:

It will always be the best Star Wars film because Lucas didn't have any input apart from doing what he does best which is:

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0_8GB9srRb4FFjW2iz9RAaFillJpfFgNeLszyHyIJqcWAE0jjKA
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Lazenby. wrote:

The one movie in the entire series - and what I know of the extended universe - worth some of the hype.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:49 pm

This is probably an odd feature to find so attractive, but I really love her shoulders....

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy 600full-star-wars%253A-episode-ii----attack-of-the-clones-screenshot

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Padme-Amidala1

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Tumblr_l7pzaj9Zit1qcm4jro1_500
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 pm

I wonder if Portman would be as popular if she used her real surname - Hershlag.

"The things I would do to that Hershlag."
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:56 pm

Hershag?
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Lazenby. wrote:

Best movie of all time and worth all of its hype and some. The following review from IMDB sums up my opinion more-or-less, though I do love the original more than he seems to.

"Nostalgia may play a part in the reason I love The Empire Strikes Back so much, but there's far more to it than that. This film has a fully realised sense of escapism, wonder and adventure that wasn't quite nailed in the first Star Wars film. I'm not a huge fan of Episode IV, I think it's relatively clunky, wooden and dated, but let's not talk about that; Episode V is where the Star Wars universe really blossomed and became something truly special. George Lucas' limitations as a director and writer of dialogue have thankfully been sidelined this time round; here we have a different director and new scriptwriters who take the genius of Lucas' imaginative story and enhance it with rapid-fire pacing and brilliant comic-book melodrama.

This has often been praised as the best of the Star Wars films, and I agree entirely with this opinion; as all exposition was dealt with in the first film, Empire gets down to business almost immediately. As there's no loose ends to tie up (leave that for Return of the Jedi), it ends with an astounding cliffhanger that has rightly gone down in cinema history.

What makes Empire stand out is its darkness; the full-blown optimism of the first film's happy ending pushed aside for deepening conflict, worsening odds and a greater awareness of the sheer power and evil of the Dark Side of the Force. Saying that, optimism is here too; as Luke undertakes training from Yoda, the Jedi Master, who hopes his new young apprentice will learn the ways of the Good Side and not become seduced into evil as Darth Vader did. Meanwhile, after a breathtaking assault on their temporary home base of Hoth, the Rebels are forced to separate, with Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbecca and C-3PO flying through asteroid fields, taking sanctuary in a mysterious cave and finally seeking refuge in the spectacular airborne Utopia of Cloud City, where Solo is reunited with his old friend Lando Calrissian.

As for Darth Vader, his quest to find Skywalker, for reasons unknown, is bordering on the obsessive; is there something about Luke we don't know? Why is he destined to meet Yoda and become a Jedi? As previously mentioned, Empire is dark; it begins gloomily and ends with merely a glimmer of hope after a finale of tragedy, betrayal and revelation.

Empire's atmospheres are bleaker than anything seen in the Star Wars universe to date. The ice planet Hoth is barren, desolate and so cold at night you could freeze to death. The swamp planet of Dagobah, where Luke receives training, is a sinister, brilliantly gloomy world of forests, bogs and murky rivers. Even Cloud City is revealed to sit atop of a world of limitless space and bleak emptiness.

The action is often superb; the battle on Hoth is probably the best aerial fight sequence of the entire trilogy, though it's possible that Jedi's concluding space battle outdoes it. The asteroid sequence is exciting, funny and wonderfully backed by a classic John Williams score. The final half-hour is a fantastically dramatic crescendo of high drama; Luke and Darth Vader's light sabre duel is a superb sequence, brilliantly staged and lit, very powerful and the culmination of the film's darkness.

Another scene of great power occurs on Dagobah, where Luke enters a cave of horror and is confronted by a surprise visitor, leading to an even bleaker twist of events. There's absolutely nothing in the first Star Wars film that even comes close to the power of this moment, it's arguably George Lucas' strangest, most unsettling moment in any of his films.

Yet, despite the fact that Empire is the darkest Star Wars film, I also find it to be the funniest. Han Solo is splendidly grouchy, and wonderfully played by Harrison Ford. C3PO's campiness is hilariously taken to the logical limit, while Yoda is a glorious new addition to the cast of characters; his early scenes are extremely funny. Darth Vader has developed a wickedly nasty sense of humour; his penchant for killing off unsatisfactory lackeys becomes shamefully amusing. I love the scene where the computer operator tries to keep his cool in the background even as Vader's telepathically choking the commanding officer right next to him.

Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Alec Guinness play their roles without a hint of irony, as it should be. Escapism can lazily be delivered with a knowing wink, which can be a cop out when the creators don't have the imagination or the verve to create a truly convincing, sweeping world of wonder. The puppet-work on Yoda is pretty amazing, even to this day. I just don't think of him as a puppet, more a real character. Frank Oz's voice work is just perfect, effortlessly switching to playfully mischievous to wisely dignified. Mark Hamill as Luke is less of a bland, wet fish as he was in the first film; here he has actually has conflicts, both inner and outer, to deal with, and he handles the job nicely, especially in the ending.

Overall, The Empire Strikes Back is a remarkable example of screen entertainment; it has the proper sweep of a real space opera, it has confidence, imagination, beauty, humour, excitement and a truly brilliant story. It may very well be the best blockbuster movie of all time. "
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 pm

James. C wrote:

It's definitely up there. Personally I prefer Han and Leia's byplay as well as Vader's utter badassery in Empire.
Back to top Go down
Chigawa
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chigawa

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:48 pm

James. C wrote:

I agree completely James! Williams really knocked it out of the park with this scene. The most memorable part of the Original Trilogy IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chigawa
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Put me down for that. Always gives me goosebumps, that scene.

I'm sure one day Lucas will ruin it by having a four-armed CGI comic relief character randomly standing in the background.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:54 am

Just hurry up and get this thread on to the next page. Clicking on "Star Wars" to be met by that Hayden picture..... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????? laugh :evil: ;)
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:17 am

James. C wrote:

To me, it's like Branagh's version of the "St. Crispin's Day" speech from Henry V. The composer is pulling all of the weight.

The scene following it is better. Vader's mask is almost forlorn.

To be honest, any scene from Empire is better than any scene from Jedi by default.

If we're talking about scenes that are just great in general, without requiring the context of the film around it, the trench run is a surefire contender for "Best Editing Ever."
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:25 am

Lazenby. wrote:
Just hurry up and get this thread on to the next page. Clicking on "Star Wars" to be met by that Hayden picture..... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????? laugh :evil: ;)

The last ever post on KTBEU was made by me and it was about the Prequels.

I want everyone to know that.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:51 am

My favorite scene in Jedi is probably the moment when Vader grabs the Emperor and chucks him down the reactor shaft. That whole sequence was very satisfying emotionally and just about made up for other parts of Jedi where the tone wasn't quite right. The scenes I look forward to the most out of all the films are the asteroid chase sequence ("We can still out maneuver 'em!") or Vader dominating Luke at the end of Empire.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:52 am

Drax wrote:
Vader dominating Luke at the end of Empire.

"I am your daddy."
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:17 am

Is anyone, at this point, more offended by the Special Edition changes to the originals than the prequels? I know I am.

I guess it's because the prequels are their own containment tank, but the SE stuff is ruining something that I actually enjoy.

Still, we'll always have Caravan of Courage. And the sequel, where the "lovable" family all get horribly killed in the first 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:41 am

I can see that. I'm still waiting for good, pre-SE copies of them. The SE changes actually do prevent me from enjoying the film, because I can't just watch the movie and forget. I'm constantly reminded of how much of a greedy piece of shit George Lucas is and how he slowly and methodically destroyed his creation.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:55 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:

The last ever post on KTBEU was made by me and it was about the Prequels.

I want everyone to know that.

See. You loved them right to the bitter end. ;)

God only knows what my last post was. I know what it was gonna be, though. I was gonna ask "What's coming?", having spent about half an hour looking through the site wondering what on Earth the big change was after you got that cryptic message.

FourDot wrote:

The scene following it is better. Vader's mask is almost forlorn.

That's one of the things Jedi pulls off brilliantly, not only in that scene, but throughout the film IMO, yet it's still something the film seems to get little credit for. Sure, Vader may not be all badass throughout Jedi as he is in Star Wars and Empire, but to be fair, he can't be pure badass at this point, given where the story absolutely needs to go. I love how, with almost every passing scene, the mask seems to be slipping further and further to the point where, during the initial capture scene with Luke, there's so much inner conflict being revealed there that the mask may as well have fallen clean off. It's extremely good storytelling visually, physically and verbally; For a start, you've got the location - a bridge, it's perfect. Both characters are heading towards the point where they could go, or be forced to go, either way. They end up stood in the middle, Luke trying to pull Vader one way, Vader "trying" to pull Luke the other. What makes it all the more compelling is that Vader is resigned to having to try and pull Luke the other way, to the point where the conflict within him seems so palpable that the mask seems to become almost transparent. When they've walked half the length of the bridge and stopped, Luke turns his back on Vader, he wants to address his father, not the machine, and only when he makes his final straight-out plea does he have the courage to turn and try to direct his words through the mask he's looking at. Vader even pointlessly ignites Luke's lightsaber, seemingly just to try and change the subject. He doesn't want to go there. And, when it dawns on Vader just how powerful Luke may now have become, and that the Emperor will likely see this too and consign him to the same fate as Vader, Vader turns his back in resignation, regretful acceptance, helplessness. He's so in thrall to the Emperor that he seems completely powerless now to avoid Luke following suit. He can't look at Luke now when talking about Obi-Wan. When Luke states that he'd be killed before turning sides, Vader seems to switch off the man and answers with the machine. When Luke gets closer and starts aiming through the mask again, Vader allows the man inside one last sincere statement of regret before calling in the troops to relieve him from the confliction taking over. He's a conflicted wreck once the doors have closed, his son's parting words gnawing away at him. He starts to walk but stops, he needs to pull himself together. He wants out of his conflict, and somehow it's written all over his... mask. It's one of the very best scenes in the series, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next