More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What we've lost.

Go down 
+29
HJackson
w7
jet set willy
bitchcraft
Perilagu Khan
Largo's Shark
Klown
Salomé
Mr Bond
Satorious
Jack Wade
Makeshift Python
groucho070
Fairbairn-Sykes
FourDot
Fae
Tubes
Moore
James. C
retrokitty
G section
Lazenby.
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Control
colly
Hilly
lalala2004
The White Tuxedo
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Damn. I can think of one thing I wish I'd thought to save.

vmsns worked tirelessly years ago on his soundtrack sequencing guides. I wanted to edit LIVE AND LET DIE together.

Thank you staff of MI6.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:54 pm

I always enjoyed the "rate the movies you watched in 2011" thread. There weren't many posts, but I was keeping up with it and doubt I could redo it from memory.

I also really liked reading some of Stooge's old threads. Always so great discussion and thoughts in there...

Of course, I miss my Timothy Dalton lust thread, but I have all those pictures......
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Though it's something you can get over it's quite annoying, irritating etc. I don't want to repeat myself but the threads that people actually did put effort into. The more than two Bond actors thing, the bibliography, music threads and so on.

Some threads I won't miss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:16 pm

lalala2004 wrote:
I always enjoyed the "rate the movies you watched in 2011" thread. There weren't many posts, but I was keeping up with it and doubt I could redo it from memory.

I also really liked reading some of Stooge's old threads. Always so great discussion and thoughts in there...

Of course, I miss my Timothy Dalton lust thread, but I have all those pictures......

I regret that I didn't save everyone's list when I could have. I got a hold of mine, and a few others did. But you can't start that over in March.

There is a thread for it, though.

That's what really ticked me off the most personally. My list was gone. I got it back, but I hadn't expected to. I kept saying this and Luds simply said, "Look on the bright side, custom avatars."

That's MI6 in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:21 pm

I dont think I can name anything specific - but many an hour was spent just browsing the older posts of the forum (particularly the films board). And all that archive, all that gold.... is just gone.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:50 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
vmsns worked tirelessly years ago on his soundtrack sequencing guides. I wanted to edit LIVE AND LET DIE together..

Oh, jeez. I forgot all about that.

Unbelievable...

F*** the Mi6 administrators.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:52 pm

The one I miss most is, 'What Would His Bond Do?' Such a great thread....
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Thrice's legendary 300 post. Gone.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 pm

The thread that had a picture of Dog Bond's ass in tight jeans.

Gone.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:

Gone.

well now I'm doubly annoyed.

Even if I missed it the first time round...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:

Damn, how did I ever miss that? :x

And all of my "epic rants"... gone forever. The stock of TWINE will rise like f***ing Lazarus now on that kiddie-baiting dive they've set up.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

Damn, how did I ever miss that? :x

And all of my "epic rants"... gone forever. The stock of TWINE will rise like f***ing Lazarus now on that kiddie-baiting dive they've set up.

Hmm... maybe we should get them here... ;)

I'm also going to miss those interview threads. No reason why we can't set one up here, when the time comes.

By the way I've sent a pm to MOO7RE, The Man Form Del Monte, Shaken Not Stirred, and Karl Stromberg through this site to try get them to come back. Hopefully, they've selected to be notified if they'd received a PM.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:20 pm

I always enjoyed the personalised Bond timeline thread. There were some bloody well thought out ones posted there. Now lost of course.

Last edited by G section on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Louis Armstrong's turned up on The Anti-Social Network, I've PM'd him so hopefully he'll be back here soon.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Actually, I'll nominate the "Favourite Screen Images" thread. I did a lot of screencapping for that 'un.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Well, I'm sure I'll get over the loss of my engagement and wedding threads (met my spouse on that old site for those not in the know) but I'd be raising a stink if we weren't through our immigration issues already. We depended on a lot of stuff on that old forum for our application. I just can't imagine losing that before we printed it.

On a more general note, the detailed Bond ranking thread alone was worth saving. Seeing how our tastes develop and such was fun.

I'm particularly sad for the fan fic guys who wrote their pieces on the site... I know a few just worked it out on the forum and didn't save elsewhere. Who would have imagined there'd be no warning for such an event?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:01 pm

retrokitty wrote:
I'm particularly sad for the fan fic guys who wrote their pieces on the site... I know a few just worked it out on the forum and didn't save elsewhere. Who would have imagined there'd be no warning for such an event?

That, along with the "zero info" mentality and the "brush off" way of dealing with loyal members really got me the most.

That is the way some of them think, from what I know. That they don't owe us anything, because they host this site and if anyone doesn't like it they can just leave.

I'm didn't see any apologies. And we're suppoed to treat it like it's no big deal. Just smile and move on. Okay, I will. But not there.

It's like they just want to a forum connected to their site, and care more about that than about who's actually on it and if they'e happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm

We've lost Dublo's hilarious conversion into the most unconvincing policeman I've ever seen.

From quips about underage girls and buttplugs to warning off members for using the word 'crap'. Quite a journey.

Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:12 pm

He was born again - or something. Still can't wrap my head around that.
Back to top Go down
James. C
Cipher Clerk
James. C

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 pm

That's what annoyed me the most Tux, absolutely no apologies. Mr. Blond had sent me links to ten music tracks I needed yesterday for my film. Saw the PM in the morning, went off to uni intending to download them at home, then come home to see it's completely gone. Pretty annoyed and dissapointed, I then wake up this morning having intended to save all the kind and well thoughtful reviews for my Bond fan films. Completely gone. Double'y dissapointed!
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 pm

I couldn't help laughing just now over at MI6book at everyone truly letting rip in the "departures" thread. Fieldster just basically told Luds what he REALLY thought of him, then f***ed off. laugh
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:17 pm

The more I explore that site, the more angry I become.

Why not replace a discussion forum with a discussion forum? They replaced a discussion forum with a social networking site. The two are not one in the same. The discussion forum on that place is even worse than facebook's.

Apparently there were issues behind the scenes, but why not fill us in? Ask for helpful solutions from members? Why not apologize for the way things went down? Why keep everyone in the dark?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 pm

ambler wrote:
We've lost Dublo's hilarious conversion into the most unconvincing policeman I've ever seen.

From quips about underage girls and buttplugs to warning off members for using the word 'crap'. Quite a journey.

laugh

I like the guy, but it's true that in general MI6 was turning into that town from FLASHDANCE. Or so I'd guess. I've never seen FLASHDANCE.

Did you know that they started censoring the word "bitch"? I hear somebody raised a stink for religious reasons. I suggested every female member be forced to a use a burka avatar.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:22 pm

I think the "technical stuff" is baloney, TBH; Excuses for a new approach not going down well at all. Seriously, how difficult is it to change a few things such as colours and fonts on that old messageboard? Don't tell me for a second that there was anything stopping them from doing that. And that was all anybody wanted, a freshening up and some new avatars.

It hasn't escaped my notice either that the only people truly defending the new site are the Mods. Honesty or fear of demotion? You decide.

Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 pm

I hope I don't appear two-faced. I'm going to do my fun business here but I'm not "checking out" from the other one. I still need access to those archives if and when they ever appear again. I'd like to see how things pan out over there. It won't every be as fun as this one already is. The crack down on fun over the last two years was unbelievable - even with the preferred older format.

And as for dublo... I love the guy... He stood up for me at my wedding. I just think his transition was strange.

Last edited by retrokitty on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What we've lost. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What we've lost.   What we've lost. Empty

Back to top Go down

What we've lost.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: