More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

World Hunger to end by 2014

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

World Hunger to end by 2014 Empty
PostSubject: World Hunger to end by 2014   World Hunger to end by 2014 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:23 pm

(January 23, 2012 – New York, NY) DC Entertainment, home of the world’s greatest super heroes, today unveiled an unprecedented giving campaign to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa. This multi-million-dollar commitment over the next two years will be supported across all Warner Bros. Entertainment’s and Time Warner’s businesses and feature DC Entertainment’s iconic Justice League characters, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg, issuing the call to action, “We Can Be Heroes.” The announcements were made at a press conference today in New York by Barry Meyer, Chairman & CEO, Warner Bros.; Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group; and Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment.

More at: http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/time-warners-dc-entertainment-raising-money-to-fight-hunger-in-horn-of-africa/

---------------------------------------------------

Like, I hate to be a wet blanket and everything, but didn't we try to end world African hunger back in the 80's with Live Aid and We Are The World? Didn't we do that again with another Live Aid concert, and a long running "Red" campaign by Bono? Billions and billions of dollars and thousands of tons of food get shipped to Africa on an almost daily basis, and the people there still can't seem to find enough food to eat (but somehow have the strength to make more babies???). What gives? Why can't Afrikaners feed themselves?

Here's a helpful suggestion from Sam Kinison:
"Live where the food is!!! You live in a f***ing desert!!! Nothing grows out here. Nothing's gonna grow out here!"

Look, it's sad. I wouldn't want to live the way they're living. But another campaign to feed these people won't work either. We've been down this road numerous times and the result is always the same. Another project to feed them, no matter how noble, is not going to change anything. Africa has become the sort of fashionable charity case to concern yourself with; Africa is a trendy cause. But maybe, just maybe, there's more to these people starving to death than bad weather. I don't think Americans are going to have the money to waste on this campaign (and it will be a waste of money), nor the patience nor the guilt this time around that we have had in the past. I think it's time for Africa to sink or swim on their own.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: World Hunger to end by 2014   World Hunger to end by 2014 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:34 pm

End poverty, like, now, already.

Famine began with the neocons.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: World Hunger to end by 2014   World Hunger to end by 2014 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:54 pm

plus for being dying of starvation, they keep cranking out babies!!

y'all ever heard the stories of mothers walking across the country trying to get to food aid camps with their 4-7 kids and on the way, they have to make the decision which one to leave behind to let him or her die?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: World Hunger to end by 2014   World Hunger to end by 2014 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
End poverty, like, now, already.

Famine began with the neocons.

Yeah, I totally agree. It's so not cool to let people starve to death. I blame the 1%, and by the 1%, I mean the 66% of all Americans who are morbidly obese because they consume more portions than their bodies need. Like this guy for example:

World Hunger to end by 2014 Michael-moore

He clearly consumes enough food for 3 people to live on. The man must shove at least 10,000 calories a day down his gullet in order to keep up that massive frame of his. That's 4x as many calories as the average person needs to live on. Michael Phelps he is not. How much food does this guy need? There should be a limit to the amount of calories that a person is allowed to consume. Maybe we should start a calorie tax, or a calorie credits program, where people who don't eat so much can sell their allotted calorie rations portions to someone else, sort of like President Obama's carbon credits program.

Other fatties on my watch-list:

World Hunger to end by 2014 Lucas-stupid-sob

and

World Hunger to end by 2014 220px-Newt_Gingrich_by_Gage_Skidmore_3

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: World Hunger to end by 2014   World Hunger to end by 2014 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:44 pm

a lot of the food aid and financial aid doesn't get to the people who need it.

corrupted government and military officials in those African countries and also street gangs get hold of the shipment of foods and money before it even reaches the starving population.

You all seen Blackhawk Down and what was happening in Somalia?

Armed street gangs shooting unarmed innocent civilians standing in line for bags of rice and then taking the rice shipment for themselves.

This is a common occurence in Africa!!

Sure, the UN has sent armed troops to protect food shipments but the UN troops are out numbered and out gunned and they have orders not to take the initiative and shoot first;

only to defend themselves when fired upon.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: World Hunger to end by 2014   World Hunger to end by 2014 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

j7wild wrote:
a lot of the food aid and financial aid doesn't get to the people who need it.

corrupted government and military officials in those African countries and also street gangs get hold of the shipment of foods and money before it even reaches the starving population.

You know that, and I know that, but Hollywood and The Left don't seem to know that. According to them, it's the fault of an unfeeling, uncaring western civilization that is not interested in anything but themselves. No matter how much money you take out of your pocket and donate to Africa today, tomorrow, next year, next decade, and the next century, Africa will still be a third-world cesspool.

Quote :

You all seen Blackhawk Down and what was happening in Somalia?

Armed street gangs shooting unarmed innocent civilians standing in line for bags of rice and then taking the rice shipment for themselves.

Remember JWild...war never solves anything except conflict.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: World Hunger to end by 2014   World Hunger to end by 2014 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 pm

I was at Live Aid in 1985.

I donated money to the cause to help Ethiopia and other starving African Nations.

Then came Somalia in 1991 and 1992 culminating with the events of Blackhawk Down and I donated money again to the cause.

Now 20-26+ years later, not only the famine problem in Somalia and Ethiopia is still there; it has gotten worse.

My Dad was a Diplomat for the Italian government and one of his very first assignment when he first started in 1960, was going to Africa as representative of the Italian government branch of UNICEF (which was essentially a part of the UN) to help them find new agricultural ways to fight hunger.

Well that was 1960 and just like Ethiopia in the 80s and Somalia in the 90s, 50 years after my Dad spent a whole year traveling to several African countries, their situation has not changed or improved.

We have 46 Million Americans on the Food Stamps program, 16 millions of them are children under the age of 18.

Let's take that money and help our own instead of giving it to these foreign countries who will take our money but at the same time, talk bad about us behind our backs and calling us Satan and Evil, etc etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Hunger to end by 2014   World Hunger to end by 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Hunger to end by 2014
Page 1 of 1