More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The World Of Goldeneye

Go down 
+9
Strangways&Quarrel
Santa
ggl007
Blunt Instrument
Nicolas Suszczyk
Fort Knox
hegottheboot
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The World Of Goldeneye Empty
PostSubject: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed May 01, 2019 12:16 pm

ADMIN EDIT: ENTRIES NOW CLOSED. WINNER HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED. STAY TUNED FOR MORE POSSIBLE COMPETITIONS

SCROLL DOWN TO FORT KNOX'S POST FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO WIN A COPY OF THE WORLD OF GOLDENEYE

https://twitter.com/AndersFrejdh/status/1123536387314155521

Old BAB member Nicolás Suszczyk has written a book, entitled The World Of Goldeneye! The stylish cover describes it as "a comprehensive study on the seventeenth James Bond film and its legacy".

The World Of Goldeneye The-world-of-goldeneye-by-nicolas-suszcyk

Last edited by Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu May 02, 2019 11:09 am

Cool. Could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu May 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Yeah I'll get it. I do wonder if such an in depth look could ruin the magic of the film, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. It's doubtful, as NS does have an affinity for GE (understandably so).
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyMon May 06, 2019 4:38 am

Totally in. If it's anywhere near as good as the AVTAK book this could be great.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyTue May 07, 2019 1:12 am

Ooh what's the AVTAK book? I'd love to get my hands on that!
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu May 09, 2019 4:01 am

https://www.amazon.com/Close-Look-View-Kill/dp/1511620978

Close Look at A View to a Kill.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu May 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Much obliged, sir!
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 12:42 pm

The World Of Goldeneye is now available on paperback and kindle.

https://twitter.com/gedossier007/status/1134785429000085504
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello guys!

Thanks for so much love for my book, I sincerely hope you'll enjoy it.
The paperback edition is once again available to buy (amazon.com/dp/1095078755) after a small glitch with the font that wasn't being properly read by the Amazon printers, so they pulled it out for a while.

More info of the book here: bit.do/goldeneyeworld (there's also a link for the Spanish edition coming up on July 1, with different cover artwork).

Here's the Goodreads page for the book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46125514-the-world-of-goldeneye
Back to top Go down
http://goldeneyedossier.blogspot.com
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 12:21 am

Great to see you here sir! While most of us might say we could write a book on Bond, you've gone and done the bloody thing! I've ordered my copy.
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Great to see you here sir! While most of us might say we could write a book on Bond, you've gone and done the bloody thing! I've ordered my copy.

Thank you very much!!!
I'm unemployed at the moment so every order helps me a lot! The idea of writing a Bond book -particularly on GoldenEye- has been on the back of my mind for a while and I discarded it as an expensive project far off my budget, until someone told me about Amazon KDP.
Thank you for all the love ad appreciation. Be sure to leave reviews on Goodreads when you're done :) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46125514-the-world-of-goldeneye
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 5:01 am

Here’s a first for Bond and Beyond members.

The World Of Goldeneye Gebook

We’re offering you a chance to win a copy of Nicolás Suszczyk new book, The World of Goldeneye!

The competition is open to all Bond and Beyond members with a minimum of 10 posts to their name (if this isn’t you, join and start posting to qualify!). To enter, all you need to do is post in this thread your answer to the question below. There’s a limit to one entry per IP address.

The best answer will be chosen by Fort Knox and the author himself, Bond and Beyond member and Goldeneye Dossier founder Nicolás Suszczyk. As such, admin will not enter the competition.

Question: If you single out one aspect of Goldeneye to be your favourite, what would it be and why?

T&Cs:

1. One entry per member/IP address.
2. Entrants must have a minimum of 10 posts made at Bond and Beyond. (Any new posts made to qualify should not be one word answers/emojis, but genuine responses to topics).
3. The winner will be picked around June 26th 2019 (allowing for time zone differences) and announced in this thread.
4. The winner should provide a mailing address within 7 days via pm to this account (Fort Knox). Failure to do so will result in the admin picking another winner. So make sure you log back in regularly!  
5. As the book has been donated and/or purchased by the author/admin, should the prize be lost in transit, a replacement may not be sent (at admin’s discretion). To minimise any risk of loss in transit, please ensure the delivery address is correct.
6. The winner should nominate whether they'd prefer the English or Spanish version of the book.

Last edited by Fort Knox on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 5:21 am

Nicolas Suszczyk wrote:
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:

Thank you very much!!!
I'm unemployed at the moment so every order helps me a lot! The idea of writing a Bond book -particularly on GoldenEye- has been on the back of my mind for a while and I discarded it as an expensive project far off my budget, until someone told me about Amazon KDP.
Thank you for all the love ad appreciation. Be sure to leave reviews on Goodreads when you're done :) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46125514-the-world-of-goldeneye

Will do! The affordable price is very appealing, so well done you for thinking of us fans.

Digging the new avatar, by the way!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Fort Knox wrote:
Here’s a first for Bond and Beyond members.

The World Of Goldeneye Gebook

We’re offering you a chance to win a copy of Nicolás Suszczyk new book, The World of Goldeneye!

The competition is open to all Bond and Beyond members with a minimum of 10 posts to their name (if this isn’t you, join and start posting to qualify!). To enter, all you need to do is post in this thread your answer to the question below. There’s a limit to one entry per IP address.

The best answer will be chosen by Fort Knox and the author himself, Bond and Beyond member and Goldeneye Dossier founder Nicolás Suszczyk. As such, admin will not enter the competition.

Question: If you single out one aspect of Goldeneye to be your favourite, what would it be and why?

T&Cs:

1. One entry per member/IP address.
2. Entrants must have a minimum of 10 posts made at Bond and Beyond. (Any new posts made to qualify should not be one word answers/emojis, but genuine responses to topics).
3. The winner will be picked around June 26th 2019 (allowing for time zone differences) and announced in this thread.
4. The winner should provide a mailing address within 7 days via pm to this account (Fort Knox). Failure to do so will result in the admin picking another winner. So make sure you log back in regularly!  
5. As the book has been donated and/or purchased by the author/admin, should the prize be lost in transit, a replacement may not be sent (at admin’s discretion). To minimise any risk of loss in transit, please ensure the delivery address is correct.

Was thinking of what my answer to this would be had I not ordered the book already. Everything just works in Goldeneye. Every facet clicks together so seamlessly that it's hard to put a finger on what stands out above the rest. I'd probably go for the boring, but sensible answer and say the script, as it's all encompassing. It so effortlessly explores Russian society and culture post-Cold War, while beautifully integrating excellent characters and characterisation, great dialogue and all the conventions of Fleming's works and cinematic series. Still doesn't even begin to touch of the contributions provided by Campbell, the cast and crew. But a good film starts with the script, so there it is.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 2:51 pm

My answer to the question would be that Goldeneye resoundingly showed that there was still a place for Bond in the 90s.

Previous franchise entry Licence To Kill had fallen foul of the censors and had not been a box-office hit in the US. Then legal wrangling kept 007 off-screen for 6 years, during which Timothy Dalton decided to step down, the Cold War ended and political correctness came along. Lots of uncertainty about 007's position in this 'brave new world'.

And then ... by the end of the GE pre-credits sequence, you realised you were grinning like an idiot and felt like standing up in the cinema and cheering. Gob-smacking stunts, gunplay, flippant one-liners, a daring escape and a chemical weapons facility going KABOOM.

Bond. Was. BACK.
Back to top Go down
ggl007

ggl007

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 4:53 pm

And here's the Spanish cover:

The World Of Goldeneye Z2ulyc10

Thanks to Nicolás: https://archivo007.com/exclusiva-version-en-espanol-de-el-mundo-de-goldeneye/
Back to top Go down
https://www.archivo007.com
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Could the winner have a Spanish copy or only English ?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 12:31 am

ggl007 wrote:
And here's the Spanish cover:

The World Of Goldeneye Z2ulyc10

Thanks to Nicolás: https://archivo007.com/exclusiva-version-en-espanol-de-el-mundo-de-goldeneye/

It's a beautiful cover that! Thanks for sharing. Will you be entering?
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 2:30 am

Santa wrote:
Could the winner have a Spanish copy or only English ?

Good question. Yes, you can nominate if you'd prefer the Spanish version.

I've edited the T&Cs in the original post to reflect this.
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 3:12 am

Quite a few good answers I've been reading!
The Spanish version will be out on July 1st (probably even before, because all I have to do is corrections), so it'll be the same.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 am

[quote="Blunt Instrument"]My answer to the question would be that Goldeneye resoundingly showed that there was still a place for Bond in the 90s.
           [/quite]

At one point this would have been my answer, however as I age my tolerance for Brozzer, never high in the first place, just gets lower and lower. To be fair as I age my feelings about the other Bond films and actors change too but that’s not the point. I was delighted by Goldeneye upon release, despite being uncomfortable with Brosnan, but the film hasn’t aged well - it’s still at that really naff stage and not enough time has elapsed for it to become cool in an ironic way. If anything, now I’d say it makes it look like there’s no place for Bond in the modern world. So in fact the only good or favorable thing I can say is that it kept mine (and others’) Bond fandom going after a rather dry spell. Fuck it, I don’t like the film at all and don’t deserve a copy of the book! Give it to some poor, misguided fool who does.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Wow is that your entry? You know, maybe the book will change your mind about the movie. This is interesting:

Santa wrote:
it’s still at that really naff stage and not enough time has elapsed for it to become cool in an ironic way.

It was cool when it was released and still is. Up until 1995, probably the only film that epitomises the word 'cool' since the 60s.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 1:02 pm

“It was cool when it was released and still is. Up until 1995, probably the only film that epitomises the word 'cool' since the 60s.”

Seriously? 😲 We clearly have very different ideas about what is cool.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 pm

What films do epitomise 'cool', in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Not an easy answer but I will say that Brozzer isn’t the main black mark against the film’s cool factor - that would be the score. The poor bloke never had a chance up against that excrement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Of Goldeneye   The World Of Goldeneye Empty

Back to top Go down

The World Of Goldeneye
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next