More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"

Go down 
+3
bitchcraft
saint mark
Gravity's Silhouette
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" Empty
PostSubject: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:53 pm

For as much as I can't stand GLAAD's heavy-handed, reactionary, over-the-top, hysterical shouts of "Homophobe!" at everyone that doesn't tow their ideological line, I can't say I'm sorry to see it happen to Roland Martin. He's been such a race-baiter at CNN for years; I'm kind of glad (no pun intended) it's happening to him. Maybe he'll understand what it's like to be unfairly tarnished by wild and spurious accusations. I hope he gets fired, but I doubt it.

Roland Martin pictured here interviewing Kelly LeBrock:

GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" Fat-Toad-Chet-weird-science-6348446-450-334

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) has called out columnist and CNN contributor Roland Martin for a Tweet he sent during last night’s Super Bowl.

Martin, who spent Sunday evening live-Tweeting the game and several commercials, made a remark about an H&M commercial for David Beckham‘s line of men’s underwear. The ad, for those who missed it, features close-ups of the soccer player clad only in a pair of briefs.

“If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham’s H&M underwear ad,” Martin Tweeted, “smack the ish out of him!”

More at:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/glaad-demands-cnn-fire-roland-martin-over-david-beckham-tweet/
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Those folks of GLAAD are in need of serious let-we-say cuddling.

The remark is borderline funny and should not be taken as anything more. :roll:
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

GLAAD needs to go fuck itself / douche itself, since they'll have a hard time proving that was a gay-bashing remark. It could've been a Beckham bashing remark or an underwear bashing remark, it's open to intepretation.

:roll:

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
GLAAD needs to go fuck itself / douche itself, since they'll have a hard time proving that was a gay-bashing remark. It could've been a Beckham bashing remark or an underwear bashing remark, it's open to intepretation.

:roll:

You really need to read the rest of the article at Mediaite. But in case you don't, here's another gem from GLAAD that purports to be proof that Roland Martin is homophobic:

One piece of evidence GLAAD offers is a Tweet Martin made earlier on Sunday: “Who the hell was that New England Patriot they just showed in a head to toe pink suit?” he’d written. “Oh, he needs a visit from #teamwhipdatass”

Again, I can't stand Martin because he has made a living demagoguing and point fingers at other people for being "racist", so I have ZERO SYMPATHY. He's being hoisted upon his own petard.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:51 pm

"Anti-gay violence"? laugh Do they take everything literally? I wanna put up a screening of DAF just for them, if neither laughs they simply have no soul.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:08 am

Wonder what a six pack of those briefs costs? Like the official Beckham labeling. Neato. You could double package them with the Dan Craig blue snuggies, bathing suit line? Great joke gifts.

Don't get "hyped" now.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:59 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Wonder what a six pack of those briefs costs? Like the official Beckham labeling. Neato. You could double package them with the Dan Craig blue snuggies, bathing suit line? Great joke gifts.

Don't get "hyped" now.

I found it really, really interesting that that David Beckham ad ran during the Super Bowl; it would have seemed more appropriate to run it during The Oscars, E's Live Coverage of the Oscars, The Real Housewives of <blank>, The Kardashians, etc...where more of H&M's target audience could be found. .I can't imagine the traditional demographic that watches Sunday football gives a rat's ass about David Beckham's underwear. Very few of the regular football watchers are going to run out and pay 15-20$ to wear a pair of plum smugglers modeled by David Beckham, who is still mostly unknown in America.

I buy boxer-briefs from Wal-Mart, usually 4 to a pack for $10.

Though, I admit, it's probably the first time I can recall where a man was as sexually objectified as a woman in a Superbowl ad. Normally it's the Victoria Secret "Angels" in their Lingerie Bowl, or Hooters commercials, or girls fighting in a water fountain over a Budweiser that get all the attention.

Still, having to sit through that commercial in a group of mixed company Sunday was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever seen in a Superbowl, even 2004's TittyGate fiasco. Down here in the South we don't take kindly to having rampant displays of sexuality thrust into our faces unless we're putting a $1 dollar bill in it's g-string.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Football fans are only part of the audience watching the Super Bowl. A lot of the people sitting down to watch it--including myself--couldn't care less about the sport.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Football fans are only part of the audience watching the Super Bowl. A lot of the people sitting down to watch it--including myself--couldn't care less about the sport.

That's the truth of the greatest spectacle in sport. I was so engrossed in the game, I barely noticed the commercials. I spent the breaks arguing with others over what was wrong with Dan Gronkowski. Was Brady going to throw him the ball or what!

Others ignore the game and enjoy the spectacle.

GS: 4 pak at Walmart for $10.00 Wow Good deal. I hope they don't rip after a few wears though.

Got a good deal myself. A little higher rent. Picked up a 6 pak of Jockey Classic front-rises for $30.00. Good quality and very comfy.

But I'll admit it, I'd pay another $2 bucks a pair for that official Beckham label on the briefs or official NFL team logos briefs. That would be great!
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:37 am

zZzzZZzzZzzZz

Roland Martin is a jackass, though. So, I don't really care what happens to him.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:18 am

tiffanywint wrote:

GS: 4 pak at Walmart for $10.00 Wow Good deal. I hope they don't rip after a few wears though.

Got a good deal myself. A little higher rent. Picked up a 6 pak of Jockey Classic front-rises for $30.00. Good quality and very comfy.

But I'll admit it, I'd pay another $2 bucks a pair for that official Beckham label on the briefs or official NFL team logos briefs. That would be great!

No, the underwear I buy is pretty good and stable. I can use the same 4-pack for several years. It's odd, but the less there is of a pair of underwear the more it costs. Look at any type of underwear: thong, G-string, French cut, crotchless, backless...it costs more than a plain white pair of boxer briefs.

I like the comfort of boxer briefs; they shape and cradle the delicates without applying too much pressure, and they keep my balls close to my body so that the sperm stays warm and ready in case it's needed.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:36 am

tiffanywint wrote:
You could double package them with the Dan Craig blue snuggies

laugh
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:54 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

No, the underwear I buy is pretty good and stable. I can use the same 4-pack for several years. It's odd, but the less there is of a pair of underwear the more it costs. Look at any type of underwear: thong, G-string, French cut, crotchless, backless...it costs more than a plain white pair of boxer briefs.

I like the comfort of boxer briefs; they shape and cradle the delicates without applying too much pressure, and they keep my balls close to my body so that the sperm stays warm and ready in case it's needed.

Well that's good to know. Some might say TMI...but I'll defer, that you think its important to share :drunken:

I don't mind the boxer briefs either, but I'd love to see some official NFL logo-ed product. That would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:35 pm

CNN Suspends Roland Martin Over Super Bowl Tweets

CNN has suspended commentator Roland Martin over tweets during the Super Bowl that GLAAD and others blasted as homophobic.

Roland will not be appearing on our air for the time being."

The suspension broke CNN's silence on the tweets. Martin had called for beating men who enjoyed an ad featuring David Beckham in his underwear and a man who was dressed in pink. He later apologized for any offense he had caused and said he was not advocating violence against gays.

More at:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/08/idUS198478529920120208

---------------------------------------------

Good, I'm glad he's suspended and I hope he eventually is fired. When you live by the sword you die by the sword, and Roland Martin has been allowed for far too long to tarnish other people's name and reputation with claims of racism whenever he's confronted with ideas or thoughts that don't tow the liberal ideological line, or when people refuse to bow down and worship at the altar of Jesse, Al, or MLK.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 pm

I'd never heard of this guy until this week, as I almost never watch CNN (lame news coverage). Good to hear there is one less liberal mouthpiece polluting the airwaves, however I really don't like networks censoring commentators, because they happened to have "offended" someone.

This leaves a bad taste. Fire the guy if his ratings suck, or his contract expires, or you just plain don't like him, but not in reaction to complaints from some "interest" group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"   GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet" Empty

Back to top Go down

GLAAD Demands CNN Fire Roland Martin for "homophobic tweet"
Page 1 of 1