More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What song are you listening to?

Go down 
+42
Kath
CJB
Staugust
Campbell4
Blunt Instrument
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
General Yuskovich
Big Boss
saint mark
00Beast
FG Wells
Ravenstone
tiffanywint
Perilagu Khan
Jack Wade
Chief of SIS
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
Santa
Loomis
6of1
Fort Knox
Harmsway
Mr. Trevelyan
lalala2004
HJackson
Salomé
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Toppers
Vesper
Lazenby.
Klown
Control
Chigawa
Louis Armstrong
Hilly
G section
Fae
Moore
colly
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:50 am

I love it. I'll now drink several litres of vintage 1988 gasoline.

Long live Aggrotech.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:50 am

Ooo Baby Baby by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:20 am

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 am

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:50 am

Cheesy as all hell, but I think it's catchy. laugh
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:28 am

"If" is f*cking EPIC. laugh

You should try and get hold of the Telly album, Brown. I've got it on vinyl, and it's one of my favourite "So Bad It's Brilliant" albums, I love the way he just talks through many of the verses because he's not that great a singer. It's just got such a great "WTF" charm to it, and I used to love p*ssing people off by putting it on or sneaking a track from it onto a dance compilation. laugh

What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 R-1639075-1245912823
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:38 am

Louis Armstrong wrote:

laugh Classic dirty blues. Gotta give you a nod for putting that one up. It's always fun when you are listening to a blues record and all of a sudden a song about a lady going to her dentist to get her cavity filled by his big long drill, so much it made her hurt and cry.

For some odd reason I feel like they have double meanings....nah, couldn't be...
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
"If" is f*cking EPIC. laugh

You should try and get hold of the Telly album, Brown. I've got it on vinyl, and it's one of my favourite "So Bad It's Brilliant" albums, I love the way he just talks through many of the verses because he's not that great a singer. It's just got such a great "WTF" charm to it, and I used to love p*ssing people off by putting it on or sneaking a track from it onto a dance compilation. laugh

What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 R-1639075-1245912823

I'm going to look for it when I go into the music store again. Hopefully they'll have it on vinyl. laugh

BTW - love the avatar, Laz.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:00 pm

In due part to the Guiness advert on television.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 am

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 pm

I find Harris to be a quintessentially underrated American composer, who's inspired a lot of great yank film composers - Alex North, Leonard Rosenman, Jerry Goldsmith, and John Williams to name just four. Much like hid colleague and contemporary, Howard Hanson, who most are familiar with from Ridley Scott royally punking Goldsmith at the end titles of ALIEN, by opting with temp track, which was Hanson's Symphony No. 2.

This is another forgotten gem. A proto-proto minimalist masterpiece written in 1918 by Danish composer Rued Langgaard, titled - Music of the Spheres. It's tonal, but it's orchestration and manipulation of multileveled clusters of sound, suggesting a feeling of buoyancy. Pedal timpani glissandi (that howling wind effect some might remember from Bartók's later Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta - featured in THE SHINING, with the daytime trip through the maze and the bouncing ball), glissandi on directly on piano strings (what we now called 'prepared piano') distant choir singing from the gods, organ, diatonic tone clusters (you can hear these in the violin bowed tremolo figures), slowly shifting polyphony, the use 'blocks of sound' that predates Gyorgy Ligeti by 50 years. Much like Ligeti's seminal work - Atmosphères (featured throughout Kubrick's 2001 in the 'blackout' intervals, and most memorably in the stargate sequence) - time is suspended.

I had to pleasure of hearing the piece at its UK premiere at the proms last year.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:59 pm

The Kleerup remix of Erase/Rerwind:

Ebeneezer Goode...
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:05 pm

After seeing what a crazy miserable c*** she was on The Apprentice, I decided to look up Dionne Warwick.

Honestly surprised I wasn't more aware of her work with Bacharach, given my parents musical taste, but this has been stuck in my head all day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Check out The Stranglers version. Just about the best cover version in the known universe:

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 pm

http://www.we7.com/#/song/The-Stranglers/Summer-In-The-City
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:41 pm

There is only one Elvis:

"They call her Natasha, but she looks like Elsie..."
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:30 am

'Walk on By' is a beautiful song.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:30 am

Louis Armstrong wrote:
'Walk on By' is a beautiful song.]

The Stranglers version is really a mash-up of Walk On By and Light My Fire.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:42 am

Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Shut up! It's late and it's catchy!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:47 pm

So much better than the Ibiza-flavoured version Florence normally serves up. Can be found on mp3ify.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What song are you listening to?
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next