More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What song are you listening to?

Go down 
+42
Kath
CJB
Staugust
Campbell4
Blunt Instrument
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
General Yuskovich
Big Boss
saint mark
00Beast
FG Wells
Ravenstone
tiffanywint
Perilagu Khan
Jack Wade
Chief of SIS
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
Santa
Loomis
6of1
Fort Knox
Harmsway
Mr. Trevelyan
lalala2004
HJackson
Salomé
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Toppers
Vesper
Lazenby.
Klown
Control
Chigawa
Louis Armstrong
Hilly
G section
Fae
Moore
colly
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Breastwerk aka Client, who hail from Budapest or Brest or some other strange European place.

The Dusseldorf-born singer's mock Yorkshire accent is as enchanting as it is perplexing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Breastwerk's ausgezeichnet Motiv8 cover of Dubstar's Stars:

Next up: Breastwerk cover Girls Aloud's Sexy! No No No.

Last edited by ambler on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Not as a big on the cover, TBH. The original had quite an interesting chord progression that takes the ear by surprise. These Clientorus Fräuleins simplify it a good deal, and turn it into a more conventional electronic record. More repetitive, with less lulls of dynamics and synth-strumentation. Elektronisch-Scheiße.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Yes, I know what you mean, Sharkus. I asked the girls about that Panzer beat and I received a cryptic email back saying,' All roads lead to Poland'. I wonder what they meant?

Here's me old muckers, Hard Corps:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Apparently two of Hard Corps's original members have gone to form a band called Medora.

I knda like Lovers and Strangers. Not so sure on the others.

To state the obvious, they've abandoned their minimal wave sound, and gone for something more dream pop/ambient .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Hard Corps without the late Regine doesn't interest me.

For a while John Peel had a hard spot for Dirty, but it's a bit shouty for me. A brief glimpse of one of Regine's full-frontal performances here:

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:25 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 am

Fuzzbox were probably the most incompetent bunch of wristwatches in pop history and that's saying something. Fortunately none of them played on Self, which is why it's such a great pop record. Wisely, Vix concentrated on fellating the microphone while Tina handled the whip. (Yes, I know all their names.)

Can't believe they managed to broadcast this at 09:00 am on UK children's television. Maybe it helps when your manager is the wife of a bigwig at Warners.

Grrrl Power.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 pm

The Femmefest continues...

Still think this is the best of the many Chauffeur covers.

Shame about the distortion.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 pm

You grew up with early 80s New Wave, Ambler. What did you make of Thomas Dolby?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Very talented. I learnt a lot about jazz voicings from Dolby. Saw him at The Dominion - the Fairlight took so long to load he had to do a standup routine between songs. :)

Check out his four-track Portastudio version of Airwaves from From Brussels With Love.

Much better than the version on The Golden Age of Wireless.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:37 pm

then A British Tar frmo HMS Pinafore, all over the place musically tonight
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:56 pm

The Fool

From one of the most underrated British bands of the 1980s, The Fixx. Their debut 'Shuttered Room' is now something of a curiosity, an interesting souvenir of the Cold War.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 12:29 am

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:55 pm

03:46 Duran's finest moments are all with Warren Cuccurullo.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:48 pm

One of the finest uses of the Synclavier. Here composed by a man accepting his own death.

If there's a single musician who's career I'd want to aspire to, it'd be Zappa.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 am

ambler wrote:
03:46 Duran's finest moments are all with Warren Cuccurullo.

Should have never let the guy go. Astronaut was enough proof of that whilst, even though I'm content with the last two albums, I'd still have liked Cuccurullo to have been around to add a little extra here and there.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 pm

One of my ultimate favourite 80s tracks...and a wedding night song...you must get laid to this....

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Before The Adventures they were Starjets. Different style, same strong sense of melody:

Dog might recognize some of the comics...
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:14 am

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Reminds me of Shakira a bit...Ishtar...Et qu'un Ange Passe

Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song are you listening to?    What song are you listening to?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What song are you listening to?
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next