More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/biggest-solar-storm-years-bombarding-earth-now-064402504.html

I have a pack of frozen ribeye steaks I was gonna throw on the barbie.

Should I just leave them on my patio?

close up video of the solar storms

http://www.universetoday.com/94034/a-close-up-look-at-the-massive-solar-storm-that-shook-the-sun/

so if your cell phone or satellite tv goes in and out today and tomorrow, don't call your service provider, call NASA!!

Don't forget to wear your SUNBLOCK 5000 suntan lotion today and tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:27 pm

On the brightside keep an eye open for Aurora, the intensity should make them visible brightter and further from the poles than is usual.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:46 pm

lachesis wrote:
On the brightside keep an eye open for Aurora, the intensity should make them visible brightter and further from the poles than is usual.

can we see it during the day or only at night and in what direction?

it's cloudy and rainy here today!

I doubt I will see any Aurora in the sky other than my Aurora.

Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Sadly its cloudy my way also, but if you get clear spell keep an eye toward the North, you do need a very dark sky and quite a lot of luck, they tend to appear as whispy green curtains and can be known to 'crackle' faintly...However it has to be said they rarely work to order or make it easy for you anywhere outside the arctic circle, but here's hoping!.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Forget trying to find an elusive Aurora in the cloudy sky here at night and especially being the big metropolitan city, it doesn't get very dark.

I'd rather go home and look at my Aurora (left) and her identical twin sister Allessandra (right)

Allessandra was born first, Aurora followed 7 1/2 min later

Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! 2b286c178790774

they are my First Born and they will be 5 years young next Month

Aurora Celeste
a(u)-ro-ra pronounced aw-ROHR-ah, meaning DAWN in Latin, is the Beautiful Roman Goddess of Sunrise, whose tears turned into Morning Dew

ce-les-te pronounced seh-LEST, meaning HEAVENLY SKY is the Latin word of HEAVEN

Allessandra Fiorella
a-llessand-ra pronounced al-e-SAHN-drah meaning TO DEFEND is the Roman Latin Feminine Derivative of Alexander, The Defender of Man

fi(o)-rella meaning LITTLE FLOWER is the Roman Goddess of Springtime and everything Beautiful
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 pm

I wonder if that's why my text messaging has been wonky over the past couple of days...
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:55 am

j7wild wrote:
Forget trying to find an elusive Aurora in the cloudy sky here at night and especially being the big metropolitan city, it doesn't get very dark.

I'd rather go home and look at my Aurora (left) and her identical twin sister Allessandra (right)

Allessandra was born first, Aurora followed 7 1/2 min later

Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! 2b286c178790774

they are my First Born and they will be 5 years young next Month

Aurora Celeste
a(u)-ro-ra pronounced aw-ROHR-ah, meaning DAWN in Latin, is the Beautiful Roman Goddess of Sunrise, whose tears turned into Morning Dew

ce-les-te pronounced seh-LEST, meaning HEAVENLY SKY is the Latin word of HEAVEN

Allessandra Fiorella
a-llessand-ra pronounced al-e-SAHN-drah meaning TO DEFEND is the Roman Latin Feminine Derivative of Alexander, The Defender of Man

fi(o)-rella meaning LITTLE FLOWER is the Roman Goddess of Springtime and everything Beautiful

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to them for next month.

It's wonderful how much fun a simple cardboard box can be when you are young.

The skies did clear for a while later but sadly an additional problem that will also be present tonight is the very bright full moon, likely washing out any but the most intense showing of the Northern lights....but I'll still keep watching the skies!
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

lachesis wrote:

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to them for next month.

Thank You!

5 Years sure went by quick!

lachesis wrote:

It's wonderful how much fun a simple cardboard box can be when you are young.

I know, right?

Here we are buying them toys after toys, some of them they play with a few times and don't anymore.

Then here comes a simple cardboard box and they play with it over and over for months until it's falling apart!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!   Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Biggest Solar Storm in Years Is Bombarding Earth Now!!
Page 1 of 1