More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy

Go down 
+6
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
CJB
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy Empty
PostSubject: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm not sure why CBS news felt the need to report that the baby was "African-American". Why wouldn't the child be African-American? Charlize is African-American. She probably wanted to take care of one of her own.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57397424-10391698/charlize-theron-adopts-a-baby-boy/

(CBS News) Charlize Theron's is taking on a new role - motherhood.

The Oscar-winner, 36, has adopted a baby boy, her rep said in a statement Wednesday.

"Charlize Theron has adopted a child. She is the proud mom of a healthy baby boy named Jackson," the rep said, according to Us Weekly.

No other details were released, but a source told the magazine that the baby was born in the United States and is African American.

Jackson is the first child for the South Africa-born Theron, who split from longtime boyfriend Stuart Townsend in January 2010.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:12 pm

so the Baby is Black?

Charlize is not African American.

She is South African and she is now an American Citizen.

She wasn't born in the U.S.A.

I have a friend who is white and born in South Africa and he is now a U.S. Citizen.

Would you still call him African American?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:04 pm

j7wild wrote:

I have a friend who is white and born in South Africa and he is now a U.S. Citizen.

In the same way that I'm a Middle Eastern Australian.

Check out my subwoofers, bro.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 pm

j7wild wrote:
so the Baby is Black?

She wasn't born in the U.S.A.

How is whether Charlize Theron is "African-American" or not relevant?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:14 am

The article Gravity's quoted make it sound like because Charlize is South African and she just adopted a boy, the boy is automatically African American as in Black.

The boy could be write - many people don't know there are White people in South Africa.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:29 am

If the boy was white he would have been referred to as a Caucasian.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:14 am

j7wild wrote:
The boy could be write
Yup.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:01 pm

j7wild wrote:
The article Gravity's quoted make it sound like because Charlize is South African and she just adopted a boy, the boy is automatically African American as in Black.

The boy could be write - many people don't know there are White people in South Africa.

Yes ... apartheid, that famously just-between-black-people political system. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Seems adopting ethno-babes is all the rage in Hollywood. Brings a tear to my eye.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:53 pm

j7wild wrote:

Uh, yes she is.

Quote :

She was born in Africa, immigrated to the United States, has become an American citizen, and therefore should be rightly considered African-American. How could she not be considered African-American? You yourself said she was born in Africa and moved to the U.S. Is South Africa not a part of Africa?

Quote :

Yes, I would call him African-American (or at least tell him to check that box on any census forms or applications for employment where he is asked his race or ethnicity). He came from Africa. He's now American. That makes him an African-American. I don't understand where this confusion is coming from.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:11 pm

j7wild wrote:

I did not say that her child was black. I said she is an African-American, the baby is an African-American, and since she is from Africa and is African herself (having lived there for at least the first 15 years of life), she may have wanted an African child just like her...a child of African descent and one that she could have something in common with...a child that she could explain their cultural heritage to and make the child understand the pride she feels in her native homeland that caused her to seek a new life across an entire ocean and adopt another countries citizenship as her own. That kind of pride ;)

Quote :

The boy could be write

You misspelled it. I think you meant he could be "right" as in "right of center", "right-wing conservative". In any event, I applaud Charlize Theron for having the courage to adopt a baby right before the biggest movie of her career comes out in June. It's a gutsy choice for a woman with plenty of money and no end to the access of suitable mail partners she could have married and made babies with, but she did it her way: no man, no fuss, no muss. Just adopt that baby, slap him on one of her hips for the next 3 months as publicity for PROMETHEUS ramps up and so that the tabloid photographers can be sure to spot her going in and out of Starbucks everyday with little Jackson in her arms, and then after Prometheus is released drop that sucker off at the nearest daycare or have Charlize's beard life-partner "personal assistant" take care of him.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Most of us would probably say that life's too short to attempt to reason with j7wild ... kudos to you, Gravy laugh .
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 pm

the definition of African American:

people with Black Skin who are either just from Africa or descendants of Slaves from Africa.

Charlize Theron is South African, she is not African American because her skin is White, NOT Black.

Maybe some of you being British are not familiar with the definition of African American or have a different definition of it over there

but here in the U.S.A., African Americans are Black people.

A white person born in Africa is not considered an African American.

I've been in the U.S.A. since I was 11 years old, 36 years, and African American have always been used to refer to Black people.

Don't believe me?

Look it up on WIKI!!

African Americans(also referred to as Black Americans or Afro-Americans, and formerly as American Negroes) are citizens or residents of the United States who have at least partial ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa. Most African Americans are of West and Central African descent and are descendants of enslaved Africans within the boundaries of the present United States. However, some immigrants from African, Caribbean, Central American or South American nations, or their descendants, may be identified or self-identify with the term.

Still don't believe me?

GOOGLE IMAGE search for African American and tell me how many images of White People does the search result shows!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=african+american&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=YXNiT4TzDcb9sQLkrp2kDA&biw=1280&bih=896&sei=ZXNiT_SIFse0sQL_yJCkDA

Last edited by j7wild on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:55 pm

j7wild wrote:

Maybe some of you being British are not familiar with the definition of African American or have a different definition of it over there

yes, we islanders are a simple folk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Does Barack Obama count as African-American, j7?

Shitstorm approaching...
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:28 pm

CJB wrote:

Shitstorm approaching...

That's a trick question and the correct answer is very complicated and deep and technical.

I won't answer that.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Is Barack Obama an American of Black African extraction (on his pa's side)? Da or nyet?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 pm

j7wild wrote:
CJB wrote:

Shitstorm approaching...

That's a trick question and the correct answer is very complicated and deep and technical.

I won't answer that.

Wiki will.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 am

j7wild wrote:

people with Black Skin

Oh, so you mean Negroes then? Why didn't you just say that from the beginning?

Quote :
who are either just from Africa or descendants of Slaves from Africa.

What about if you are neither from Africa nor a descendant of slaves but are black and born in America? What does that make you?

Quote :
Charlize Theron is South African, she is not African American because her skin is White, NOT Black.

So Charlize is a "South African-American" then?

So then we should stop calling people who were never born in Africa "African-Americans". They are Negroes. It's either that or I"m going to start referring to myself as a European-American. As far as I'm concerned, Charlize Theron is the second African-American woman to receive the Oscar for Best Actress. I'm proud of her because she had so many obstacles to overcome in life, including her mother killing her abusive father (violence is very prevalent in the African-American community).

Quote :
but here in the U.S.A., African Americans are Black people.

Then why aren't they called that?

Quote :
A white person born in Africa is not considered an African American.

So, let me get this straight: a person literally born on the continent of Africa that then moves to the U.S. and happens to be white is neither African nor African-American? They're just....white?

Quote :

I've been in the U.S.A. since I was 11 years old, 36 years, and African American have always been used to refer to Black people.

No, the term has always been used so we could AVOID calling them "black people" because some got offended by that term "black" or "negro".
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:15 am

CJB wrote:
Is Barack Obama an American of Black African extraction (on his pa's side)? Da or nyet?

He became an "African-American" when it was politically convenient and the "black" community adopted him. Remember, all of Barack Obama's initial support came from the white community. It wasn't even until March of 2008 that many of the members of the Congressional Black Caucus saw that Barack could actually win the primaries and began switching their support from Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama (couldn't be seen as being on da wrong side of history, man). Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga) was one of the most obvious and worst offenders. He was a huge Hillary supporter until he began to see Barack waging a powerful opposing campaign. Seeing Barack racking up wins in the heartland of America (i.e. where the population is almost all white) made black leaders feel like they'd backed the wrong horse, and didn't want to be standing in the way of the first black man becoming president, even though he's only half-black.

The "black community" adopted him and made sure he was "officially black" and "down with the struggle", but they love to gloss over the facts that it was his white mother and white grandparents that raised him after his black father abandoned him and went back to Africa. It was the white half of his family that sent to him to three of the best colleges in the world and made sure he wanted for nothing.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 am

can't use the term Negro anymore because of Political Correctness.

furthermore, some people may mishear it and think it's the other N word and then cry racism.

people who are not born in Africa but are descendants of any of the African (as in Black) native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa is an African American.

I didn't make up this word or the rules, that's just how it is.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:44 am

Charlize Theron is white, her adopted son is black.

Case solved.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 am

Charlize Theron is also gorgeous and I'd gladly plant my seed in her soil.

No need to adopt, sweetie.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:

Perhaps she doesn't want to waste her perfect body with such a thing as pregnancy but doesn't mind taking care and loving a member of her society that seems to be less blessed in his life.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:28 pm

saint mark wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

Perhaps she doesn't want to waste her perfect body with such a thing as pregnancy but doesn't mind taking care and loving a member of her society that seems to be less blessed in his life.

Are you suggesting Charlize has received more blessings and her child, Jackson, has received less? If so, who is it that is giving out the blessings?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy   Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlize Theron adopts a baby boy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next