More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Bought?

Go down 
+49
Thunderpussy
Vesper
Agent OO7
Carruthers
Xenia93
Agent007391
General Yuskovich
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Big Boss
00Twelve
CJB
j7wild
hegottheboot
TedHeath
Santa
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
FourDot
lachesis
Manhunter
trevanian
saint mark
Harmsway
Lobelia Overhill
Louis Armstrong
Aston_Martini
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
Tubes
Salomé
bondfan06
G section
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
MBalje
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Trevelyan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
colly
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 am

Two visual feasts.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 pm

The movie that Connery and Bardot turned down OHMSS for

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Shalako-original,

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 ProPict2812255104743

I already had the SE DVD but after seeing a friend's UE DVD, I had to get the one disc UE DVD. Most of the extras I can watch on my SE

and for good clean family fun with the kids:

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Herbie-rides-againherbie-goes-to-monte-carlo
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 am

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:
and for good clean family fun with the kids:

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Herbie-rides-againherbie-goes-to-monte-carlo
Are you sure the one on the right is good clean family fun for the kids?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:57 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:05 am

HERBIE GOES TO MONTE CARLO would have been a great comeback for Grace Kelly.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 am

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:
Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Shalako-original,

I'm guessing the artist who threw that shit together didn't get much work during his career. laugh
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 am

Mr. Brown wrote:

I'm guessing the artist who threw that shit together didn't get much work during his career. laugh

If only the same could be said for the photoshop fucktard who dumped these two on us....

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 51jYA7Mv32L

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 ProPict2812255104743

Lazenby's head stuck on Brosnan's body and a shot of Rigg from a completely different fucking film. God give me fucking strength. And a swearbox. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:24 am

Might be Lazenby's face, but that hair looks like it belongs on a Barbie Ken doll.

Fucking pathetic. laugh
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:46 am

Strange how the one-discers are still called "Ultimate Editions" after having had an entire disc containing 90% of the special features removed.

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Ohmss3d3yt

^ Watch and learn. There's people not being paid a dime out there designing great sleeves, yet the photoshop retards in the employ of MGM are making merry through complete and utter lazy desecration.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 am

From what I've heard about how 'the ABC cut' treats OHMSS ... who'd want to own it? :suspect:
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:01 pm

2/8 With Licht (English title of this Dutch,Belgium, English, African production: The Silent Army) 2 disc SE. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Light_%282008_film%29

4/8

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 8717722770914
De Pinguins Van Madagascar - Kerst Met De Pinguins. I whas not sjure or this disc whas new and i whas correct, this is the same
''The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Capere short movie from 2005'' who be disc 2 of the 2 disc SE of the first Madagascar movie but with another name. The only new thing is that there be difrent extra's include 2 episodes of the tv series and the short don't have audio commentary this time. If you must pay € 10,00 or € 5,00 then it is not worth it. EAN: 8 717722 770914 Audio: English, France, Dutch. Subtitles: English, France, Dutch, None. Start Up Trailers: How To Train A Dragon, Monsters & Aliens The Madagascar tv serie episode 1.12 Popcorn Panic The Madagascar tv serie episode 1.01. Gone in a Flash Special Features: The Bronx Zoo Madagascar (Feature)
Alex's Dance Off, Jambo Jambo Swahili Speak (Game) Mad Music (Video Jukebox) Trailers: How To Train A Dragon, Monsters & Aliens, Madagascar 1&2 promotion trailer, The Madagascar Penguins & Shrek The Halls.

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Airwolfs4
6/8 Airwolf S4. Screenshot of disc 6 to give idea. https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img850/2456/airwolfs4disc6.jpg

15/8 From a part of my Birthday (18 days a go) money:

Armageddon 2 disc SE with booklet.

Eraser

Jack Ryan 1/4: The Hunt for Red October SCE Limited Edition Sleeve & Jack Ryan 2/4: Patriot Games SCE Limited Edtion Sleeve
The 4 disc set with all 4 movies get a limited release at one store in 2004 and to expensive. 1 trailer and 1 documentry on each of them is not much and this always be another reasen why i whant til wait til the 4 disc go cheaper or a better release. But the price and both be seald be a good reasen to buy it now and i like them i always can consider future new BD releases wih more extra's when i have a BD player. If not enough the first 3 have a DTS track who i can yuse then.Til that moment iam happy with the DD 5.1 track. From what i have seen in the past it always feel to dificult/to slow/to politic for my taste before the new millenium and in specialy 2 & 3.Don't thnk it changed that much but mabey this not count for those movies, time fyles and a good reasen to but it too to have 2 other commander feeling movies after K-19: The Widowmaker. A part of those movies i like to see as research for Bond 25. With The Hunt for Red October this be my first Sean Connery none Bond dvd. In total it be my 3th none Bond movie with Connery, the other 2 are The Rock & Just Cause on VHS. Total Sean Connery movies: 10.

Yippee Ki Ya Die Hard collection Bonus disc. This is disc 4 of the 4 disc Die Hard Trilogy boxset released in 2007. 2 Documentry's with close to 54 minutes and 3 trailers from Die Hard 4.0. The documentry's be 6 mintus les long as the cover said, but there be 2 extra Die Hard 4.0 trailers. 2 from the 3 movies (and Die Hard 4.0) be released by 20th Fox and this made the Die Hard always dificult release. That 4 disc boxset is deal Fox made with Disney (the owner of Die Hard 3.) to repeat the first disc of the of the earlier 2 disc SE releases.

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 1782
What Dreams May Come. With a flyer with the chapter list and dvd instuctions. English/France/Dutch Universal (R2/R4) release from 2000. In 2000 and 2001 it whas standard some features don't have Dutch subtitles and for this one count the feature and trailer don't have any. Only goodnews be that it have a cover mistake who said the audio for the movie be in English or France Stereo track but is is a Dolby Digital track. Discover also that Iam Legens whas not original with a men and his dog on the front cover.

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Tideland%20dvd
Tideland

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 39245
Robinson Crusoe (1997) My 9th movie with Pierce Brosnan, 5th none Bond.

Last edited by MBalje on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
Strange how the one-discers are still called "Ultimate Editions" after having had an entire disc containing 90% of the special features removed.

Indeed. But the new picture on the UE is so amazing. It looks technically like a recent film set in 1969. I wonder if OHMSS even looked as good when it was new. And since most of the extras are on the SE I already own, I thought it was worth the purchase as an addendum to my SE.

Lazenby. wrote:

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Ohmss3d3yt

^ Watch and learn. There's people not being paid a dime out there designing great sleeves, yet the photoshop retards in the employ of MGM are making merry through complete and utter lazy desecration.

That is an impressive sleeve based on the Italian poster for OHMSS.

Blunt Instrument wrote:
From what I've heard about how 'the ABC cut' treats OHMSS ... who'd want to own it? :suspect:

Here's some of the ABC cut:

Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:38 pm

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

and

Arn : Knight Templar

Just happened to be in the local Tesco and both were priced at £3 a time. Not too sure how generic Arn is, it may well be merely the Swedish Kingdom Of Heaven, but I remember the trailer looked quite interesting.

Back to top Go down
Lobelia Overhill

Lobelia Overhill

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:53 pm

True Grit (the original one)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 pm

PSYCHO on Blu-ray. Took a little peek and it looks great. Compared to my old DVD of the same film? Big difference. I wish I could magically upgrade everything to Blu. I'm being very selective in my Blu-ray purchases. I won't upgrade too many films, but PSYCHO is an exception.

My Blu list so far...

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
BARRY LYNDON
CHARADE (Criterion)
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
PATHS OF GLORY (Criterion)
PSYCHO
TRUE GRIT (2010)

Wish I had rented CHARADE seeing as I was let down by the film upon finally seeing it after all these years. Do I need TRUE GRIT? Well... I always buy the Coen flicks. I own 'em all. Even THE LADYKILLERS.

As for Hitch, I plan to upgrade REAR WINDOW when it's out. My DVD looks unimpressive. I'd like THE BIRDS as well perhaps. With VERTIGO I'll wait to learn what the audio is like.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
With VERTIGO I'll wait to learn what the audio is like.
That will be the deal breaker for me. The 50th anniversary DVD is as brilliant as that format goes so if there is no original audio included in a BD release I won't bother. I'll likely upgrade for REAR WINDOW, my favorite Hitchcock film. But yeah I'm pretty selective too, especially when it comes to upgrading. It's only no question when it comes to movies like APOCALYPSE NOW (reasons being original aspect ratio and the fact that the films are not split into two discs, that really pissed me off about the 2005 DVD) or a major upgrade on special features.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 5050582761115
Green Zone (2010)

From the writer of Man on Fire who also based on a true story
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:48 am

Just ordered

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 71%2BLFnTyUdS._AA1500_
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Just bought the digitally remastered boxset of The Godfather franchise.

Plus The Education. Is it any good?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Got 'em used. Got 'em cheap.

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 41qiDsKvliL

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 51WAXATXB2L._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:43 pm

The Tenant is my favourite Polanski film thus far. I quite like him as an actor; he ain't Montgomery Clift, but he brings something unique to the table (...especially in The Tenant).
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:38 am

Sometimes THE TENANT is my favorite Polanski film. Other days it's REPULSION.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 3:08 am

HJackson wrote:
The Tenant is my favourite Polanski film thus far. I quite like him as an actor; he ain't Montgomery Clift, but he brings something unique to the table (...especially in The Tenant).

He's a very watchable actor IMO. He captures the meekness, isolation, timidity and awkwardness of his character very well in The Tenant, and also forms a great bumbling idiot partnership with Jack MacGowran in The Fearless Vampire Killers, a film full of oft-overlooked great little comic touches from Polanski.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:53 pm

THE TENANT already arrived today! That was fast! I got it used, in perfect condition, for less than five dollars.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Less than 5 bucks? Isn't that about £3?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Bought?
Page 9 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next