More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Bought?

Go down 
+49
Thunderpussy
Vesper
Agent OO7
Carruthers
Xenia93
Agent007391
General Yuskovich
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Big Boss
00Twelve
CJB
j7wild
hegottheboot
TedHeath
Santa
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
FourDot
lachesis
Manhunter
trevanian
saint mark
Harmsway
Lobelia Overhill
Louis Armstrong
Aston_Martini
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
Tubes
Salomé
bondfan06
G section
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
MBalje
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Trevelyan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
colly
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Well he did say "about" 9 months ago. J7 calculates in pregnancy cycles.laugh
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 8810716463134
Be Cool aka Get Shorty 2 - 2 disc SE

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBi0dOkc4aB3gKiQq_DDaK7zowt4skJCv93EbJqCiUhYh7oG7u
After The Sunset Special Edition.

The movie is movie who released very short in the cinema's because the Dutch owner don't promote the movie enough (after 2-3 weeks the movie whas gone and the 2 difrent releases not make it easier.) and also not help that it be at the same time (october) the Brosnan in/not in Bond 21 playing. I saw the movie in 2007 on tv.

It take a whyle because i whant the DVD9 version who is Special Edtion with bonus material with English a subtitel option, but that's better then the DVD5 or BD who have no extra's. One of the extra's is a 70 minutes making of feature. The 3 Eastereggs are on it too.

After The Sunset is my 13th movie and 9th none Bond movie with Pierce Brosnan. Welcome to the Top 4 Mr Brosnan after Desmond LLewelyn (17x), Matt Damon (15x) and Lois Maxwell (14x), but before Bernard Lee (5th Place with 12 movies.).

After a short time (12 days) stay solo on the 4th place with 5 movies, Martin Campbell stay now with Brat Ratner on number 4.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
j7wild wrote:
I just watched it about 9 months ago.

I can understand 'just' watching something 9 hours ago, or 9 days ago...but 9 months ago???? That's an entire pregnancy term laugh

Actually, I have no concept of time because time just flies nowadays.

I looked it up.

It was on May 24th, 2011.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Do any of you Criterion junkies own the the "Chantal Akerman in the Seventies" box set?

I've been thinking about buying it. I love HOTEL MONTEREY and I'm wondering if any of her other works are just as good.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Went to Half-Priced Books.

Got the MATRIX "4 Film Favorites" Collection for 6 bucks.

And I raided the clearance racks, where I got, for a dollar a piece:

-THE EAGLE HAS LANDED
-ELECTION
-ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
-EXCALIBUR
-A MIGHTY WIND (The Guest films are always pricey, but now I at least own one! And I'm a minority that likes this one better than BEST IN SHOW.)
-STANLEY KUBRICK: A LIFE IN PICTURES
-STARMAN (found a widescreen one)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:10 pm

The Greengage Summer

furthering the More collection, as if it matters. Lewis Gilbert again. Serious More again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 1zoyvpc
Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol - 3 disc Limited Edition (2 disc BD + DVD)

Limited about it is that this release have second BD with more bonus material. Disc 1 and disc 3 are the same as disc 1 and 2 from the standard release ( 1 disc BD + DVD ) Extra's are the same as American 3 disc edition with the exeption that only all extra bonus material be on disc 2. The extra's from the standard release are stil on disc 1.

With the American release also those extras from the standard version moved to the second BD, possible to make it easier to get acces to all extra's. For this Dutch version there make the choose to at more subtitels. Stil we missing a sleeve with both releases, but this 3 disc is atleast better then the standard edition.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:38 am

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 51YQtORLBqL._SL500_AA300_Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 517gxprSo5L._SL500_AA300_Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 51Er7P4XL0L._SL500_AA300_

IT'S ONLY MONEY the only Tashlin-Lewis film I haven't seen yet, so I'm glad Olive put out such a high quality edition (judging by the ten minutes I looked at this morning). May have to invest in their blu of WHO'S MINDING THE STORE just so I have them all to hand (why these two were excluded from Paramount's otherwise extraordinary Lewis boxset is beyond me). The thing wasn't even Region A locked so I haven't had to faff around with firmware to unlock my player yet, which is good because it saves me effort but slightly annoying because it lets me put off something I'm going to have to do eventually.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:33 am

At first I thought you were m_balje, and was shocked to see purchases from before 2003.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
At first I thought you were m_balje, and was shocked to see purchases from before 2003.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:39 pm

The Debt, £3 in HMV.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:46 pm

THE AVENGERS (2012)
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:14 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
The Debt, £3 in HMV.

I'm going to have to buy that one, just for the scenes in the past and the score. Wasn't expecting much, and was very surprised, kind of TINKER TAILOR Jr for this year in some ways.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Good to hear ... didn't actually catch it at the cinema, but I seem to remember generally favourable reviews. And for that price, I thought why the hell not? :)
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 5:04 am

My first blu-ray disc:

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 Mad_blu
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Three of the rarer Bond Laserdisc titles are winging their way to me; AVTAK, TLD and the rarest of all TMWTGG and it's sealed!!
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Besides watching films on TV, or recording some (I have one Herzog waiting and will see one of the newer Lumets tonight), I have ordered several DVDs over the last weeks, of which are still on the shelf:

- a 70s LUMET
- two HITCHCOCK films (I think) I haven't seen yet (both getting really good reviews everywhere I look)
- one of the recent Eastwoods
- a FULLER film and a Powell/Pressburger double bill arrived today
- a horror classic from Hammer which mostly gets really good reviews, too
- a horror film from the early 70s
- a political thriller from the 70s with Delon
- a thriller from the 70s with Hoffman
- an early ARGENTO
- a FASSBINDER
- an 80s political thriller by COSTA-GAVRAS (Z is unavailable at the moment)

So you know what's awaiting you in the LAST MOVIE thread (still my favourite, even if it's running dry) in the weeks to come - apart from the DE PALMA re-run ad infinitum, of course :*e*: .
I won't spoil the suspense of not knowing which films exactly I'll be seeing. :bounce: tongue
They're all new to me. :D
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Bought Permissive from HMV today, from what looks like a great new BFI "flipside" collection (Blu Ray and DVD combo packs), a collection of British films which have been tragically swept under the carpet for years. Looking forward to watching this and buying more from this collection. Details here: http://filmstore.bfi.org.uk/acatalog/BFI_Filmstore_Flipside_43.html

Deep End was on Film4 recently, a fine example of the qualities of this collection.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
Bought Permissive from HMV today, from what looks like a great new BFI "flipside" collection (Blu Ray and DVD combo packs), a collection of British films which have been tragically swept under the carpet for years. Looking forward to watching this and buying more from this collection. Details here: http://filmstore.bfi.org.uk/acatalog/BFI_Filmstore_Flipside_43.html

Deep End was on Film4 recently, a fine example of the qualities of this collection.
Yes! I only own four of the Flipside titles (MULBERRY BUSH, LUNCH HOUR, and DEEP END, and also BEDSITTING ROOM on DVD only) but all are great. Stacked packages too, often times with very well presented shorts in 1080p. There are a number I'm very interested in getting - £9 or £12 a piece in Fopp makes it all the more tempting, if only Artificial Eye weren't also having a sale in the store at £6 a title! Picked up CERTIFIED COPY, ESSENTIAL KILLING, MELANCHOLIA, THE DEEP BLUE SEA, and Arnold's WUTHERING HEIGHTS this week. Unfortunately they were out of A SEPARATION, WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN, and FALLEN ANGELS.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Wish I'd had the money to have bought practically all of the ones I looked at. I don't get into HMV often anymore, barely once a month, so I only noticed these titles today, stacked together on a small rack. Stood there for about 20 mins looking at each one, and in the end went for Permissive. Might pick up Joanna next week or, even though I've seen it already, Deep End, as I liked the film and wouldn't mind seeing the extras on offer. There was one with Oliver Reed in as well, but the title slips my mind, looked good as well. Looks like a really excellent set of DVDs, I love this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 pm

The Reed title is THE PARTY'S OVER, iirc, which is high up my list of ones to get at some point (along with VOICE OVER, BRONCO BULLFROG, and JOANNA). But yeah, it's a great line. I'm glad the BFI have the chance to focus on British film now that so many other good labels have cropped up to put out the world cinema classics they used to deal in.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 pm

The Bond Blu-ray set, and I ordered THE TOWERING INFERNO on Blu-ray. Not an upgrade, as I don't own it at all. May get THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE on Blu too, as it comes out in a couple weeks. Can't wait to watch 'em back-to-back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAvd1YlEEAU#t=4m20s
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:13 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
The Bond Blu-ray set, and I ordered THE TOWERING INFERNO on Blu-ray. Not an upgrade, as I don't own it at all. May get THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE on Blu too, as it comes out in a couple weeks. Can't wait to watch 'em back-to-back.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAvd1YlEEAU#t=4m20s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAvd1YlEEAU#t=4m20s[/quote[/url]]

Inferno and Poseidon would make a swell blu-ray combo. I don't own these titles either. Yes this would make for a riveting double showing in blu.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:30 pm

17 September 2012:

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 SmartPeople_inlay_HR-20102161320
Smart People (2008)

2 new video's with inside look of those buyings:

More July and my frst 2BD's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR6HFdxp13c
August/September https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAGtErh9T9k
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 am

Prometheus Blu-ray. 20 bucks down the john.

Dark City Blu-ray. It was on sale and has both versions. It's a film that does it for me whatever the criticisms I've heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Bought?
Page 25 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next