More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

DVD/BluRay News

Go down 
+25
Strangways&Quarrel
Tubes
Lazenby.
CJB
j7wild
Seve
Hilly
Loomis
lachesis
Harmsway
Gravity's Silhouette
tiffanywint
HJackson
Jack Wade
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
G section
trevanian
lalala2004
Largo's Shark
colly
FourDot
The White Tuxedo
Control
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 4:42 am

Spielberg's more for film preservationist than he ever was, since he decided to not include that alternate of E.T. cut on the blu-ray. Good on him for letting go of Lucas' habits.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Just got the UK issue of The Universal Monsters Blu-Ray Collection. A superb package with postcards yet so cheap it must have been dumped on the market.

After years of watching the Hammer versions it'll be interesting to visit the Universal stuff.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Always thought THE INVISIBLE MAN was the best of the lot. Claude Rains > all.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Criterion's March titles:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15673

They include Truffaut's THE SOFT SKIN--arguably one of his best films. I caught a theater viewing of it about 4 years ago and have been waiting to see it again since.
http://www.criterion.com/films/27640-the-soft-skin
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Kiss of the Vampire (1964) is an excellent Hammer film just having a Blu Ray release, the colours are beautifully rich and lurid.

Woman of Straw (1964) is headed to Blu in April apparently (source:link to bluray.com)

Some films still seem without whiff of a Blu release others turn up, but not where you expect them...

I recently purchased Hammers 'Hound of the Baskervilles' (1959)on an Australian Blu-Ray.

Jacques Tourneur's 'Night of the Demon' (US title Curse of the Demon - 1957) has turned up on Spanish Blu-Ray, so I have that on my Xmas list ^^.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:41 am

I got The Conjuring on Blu-Ray for $2.98 drool

Now to scare me shitless.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 6:32 am

Best Buy gift cards means I go shopping for movies. They didn't have anything that interested me, so I went for the TV shows section and got the two seasons of HANNIBAL on blu. I'll definitely be spinning these as I prep for the third season.

Then I went to Barnes & Noble and got the Coen Bros version of TRUE GRIT on blu.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: The Big Sleep and Key Largo to Blu-ray   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Finally after a couple of false starts it seems to of my all time favourite films are headed to blu-ray, The Big Sleep is even getting its pre-release cut (which I actually prefer). Must have's imo!

Full article here BLU-RAY.COM
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:45 pm

lachesis wrote:
Finally after a couple of false starts it seems to of my all time favourite films are headed to blu-ray, The Big Sleep is even getting its pre-release cut (which I actually prefer). Must have's imo!

Sadly according to the thread over there on it the pre-release cut will only be offered in standard definition.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:38 pm

Strangways&Quarrel wrote:
lachesis wrote:

Sadly according to the thread over there on it the pre-release cut will only be offered in standard definition.

That is a shame but at least it is there......I know it tends to be seen as the lesser of the two cuts but imo it still has oodles of that 'Bogart and Bacall magic' and for whatever is gained in that department by the re-cut/new scenes the original more than wins back by virtue of a story that actually fills in most of the blanks.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 2:49 am

Warner Archive is also releasing Hitchcock's THE WRONG MAN on Blu-Ray, finally.

Nothing incredibly interesting as far as bonus features go, though.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=18159
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 2:54 am

I'm still waiting on Dial M For Murder (my favourite of Hitchcock's) and then Rope, Notorious and Rebecca.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 12:10 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I'm still waiting on Dial M For Murder (my favourite of Hitchcock's) and then Rope, Notorious and Rebecca.

I think all are released on Blu already (in one region or another), I certainly have 'Dial M for Murder' which is region free.

link to Amazon store
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Cheers Lachesis! Will have to check that out… Impossible to come by these in Oz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD/BluRay News   DVD/BluRay News - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD/BluRay News
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17