More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Previous Debate: The James Bond Theme: Has it lost it's excitement and importance?

Go down 
+11
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
right idea, wrong pussy
Control
Largo's Shark
CJB
MBalje
Makeshift Python
Blunt Instrument
Tubes
Perilagu Khan
Fort Knox
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Previous Debate: The James Bond Theme: Has it lost it's excitement and importance? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: The James Bond Theme: Has it lost it's excitement and importance?   Previous Debate: The James Bond Theme: Has it lost it's excitement and importance? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
James Bond wrote:

Does anybody know if there are there any other Broccolis or Wilsons working on the Bond films at the the moment as assistants or something who could possibly rise up in the ranks?

I too have wondered this. I don't want to see all the power in Babs' hands.

I've wondered this before and asked it in different forums over the years, and while I think Wilson may have a son that does some work for the films IIRC, there really doesn't seem to be anybody readily identifiable in the family that is waiting in the wings to take over in the same way you saw the natural progression of Barbara and Michael when Cubby was alive. I wouldn't even be surprised if EON sells their interest in 007 once the Craig era runs its course. At the very least I wouldn't be surprised if Michael retired, as it seems Barbara is running the show now and squeezing him out, and if she has any interest in continuing Bond post-Craig, it's most likely so that she can use the series as a vehicle/platform for her social work.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Previous Debate: The James Bond Theme: Has it lost it's excitement and importance? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: The James Bond Theme: Has it lost it's excitement and importance?   Previous Debate: The James Bond Theme: Has it lost it's excitement and importance? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
, and if she has any interest in continuing Bond post-Craig, it's most likely so that she can use the series as a vehicle/platform for her social work.

This is most likely true. The Bond franchise is her fami-lee's legacy (shades of Elektra King) The franchise defines who she is professionally. She is her father's heir, so she most assuredly will continue steer the ship and use it to advance her other ambitions.

Wilson is ripe for retirement or at the very least, turning over the reigns to Babs. MGW has had a good run. He basically co-produced the series with Cubby in the 80's. Bab's only ascended with GE, and now she seems ready to take over.

But I think our boy Craig is steering this boat now, with Bab's blessings.
Back to top Go down

Previous Debate: The James Bond Theme: Has it lost it's excitement and importance?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2