More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What am I missing?

Go down 
+14
Vesper
tiffanywint
trevanian
Louis Armstrong
Blunt Instrument
Largo's Shark
lachesis
AMC Hornet
Prisoner Monkeys
Perilagu Khan
saint mark
Hilly
Harmsway
right idea, wrong pussy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

What am I missing? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 4:56 am

Welcome KingCobra! Great post to kick off your time at Bond And Beyond!

I agree with most of your points, especially how the Vesper storyline was handled in CR06, but I largely disagree with OHMSS being one of the least exciting Bond flicks. I find it to be one of the most tense, with it leading to the excitement because of the way the story develops. Sure it's not action heavy (or at least not until Bond escapes Piz Gloria), but it's the intrigue and character development in the first half that lures audiences in. It's not always gadgets and chases that cause excitement.
Back to top Go down
KingCobra686
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
KingCobra686

PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 1:22 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Welcome KingCobra! Great post to kick off your time at Bond And Beyond!

I agree with most of your points, especially how the Vesper storyline was handled in CR06, but I largely disagree with OHMSS being one of the least exciting Bond flicks. I find it to be one of the most tense, with it leading to the excitement because of the way the story develops. Sure it's not action heavy (or at least not until Bond escapes Piz Gloria), but it's the intrigue and character development in the first half that lures audiences in. It's not always gadgets and chases that cause excitement.

Thanks! Now that IMDB has decided to shut down all its boards, I need somewhere new to hang out haha.

By less exciting, I am mostly referring to the fact that there are way less action scenes than the average Bond movie. There are less gadgets and less violence. Bond spends a good chunk of time posing as an unintimidating heraldry scholar and avoiding violence. Blofeld's evil plot is much less tame than what you usually see. A lot of the plot deals with a legitimate love story between Bond and a woman, and not one of his standard one night stands. None of those things are bad, but they are different.

I think that its an excellent movie, but it has a very different feel than the rest, and thats why a lot of people like OP have trouble enjoying it the same way as the others.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 7:28 am

One of the worst aspects of OHMSS is the awful poncy dubbing of Lazenby as "Sair Hilareh Braeh." Unintimidating indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What am I missing?   What am I missing? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What am I missing?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3