More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0

Go down 
+33
G section
hegottheboot
Ravenstone
bondfan06
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
Drax
trevanian
j7wild
Jack Wade
Prince Kamal Khan
saint mark
Prisoner Monkeys
bitchcraft
Tubes
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
tiffanywint
lachesis
HJackson
CJB
Loomis
Fairbairn-Sykes
Fort Knox
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The White Tuxedo
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
dr. strangelove
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Manhunter
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:40 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

lolz

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:14 am

(<)(>)

Babs Broccoli.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:19 am

Stop the spamming, you are like....boys with toys.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 am

Is that another photo of you, Mrs Sects?

Christ...
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:33 am

Another fine avatar.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Yet another advantage this place has over MI6 ... an avvy like that wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes there :) .

Lockout - passable sci-fi actioner with Guy Pearce as 'Snow', a framed-for-murder CIA agent who is being sent to an Earth-orbiting maximum security prison to do his time, but instead gets sent there to rescue the President's daughter when there's a breakout and the inmates take hostages.

It's all right, but nothing you haven't seen several times before.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Batman Begins

Rutger bloody Hauer, then right at the death Shane Rimmer with the most lines he's probably had in a movie since...The Spy Who Loved Me. Oddly Bale's Batman voice doesn't seem as bad as in the Dark Knight. Oh, for a thousand Adam West's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Lockout - passable sci-fi actioner with Guy Pearce as 'Snow', a framed-for-murder CIA agent who is being sent to an Earth-orbiting maximum security prison to do his time, but instead gets sent there to rescue the President's daughter when there's a breakout and the inmates take hostages.

It's all right, but nothing you haven't seen several times before.

Thanks. This is next on my list of cinema-fare, if I can get to it before it dissapears. Maggie Grace is one of my favourite blonde actresses. This sounds like a big role for her. She usually does sex-pot small parts.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am

It might make for a better accompanied-by-a-few-beers DVD rental/Netflix viewing, tiff ... it's not AWFUL, but put it like this - I'm glad the cinema I was at only charges £4 admission before 5:00.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Ghost Protocol

I liked it better the second time around. I still think the plot was stupid when THE SPY WHO LOVED ME did it thirty years ago, and that the India scenes escalate to a DIE ANOTHER DAY level of stupidity, but I did have more fun with it.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 pm

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

fine film with some very fine performances. Dare I say it's the first time I've seen Louise Fletcher outside of Deep Space Nine. Heck, there's two Taxi cast members.

But seriously, good film with an ending that had the jaw dropping...which is vaguely surprising.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 pm

THE TERMINAL. A wonderful, charming film.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:28 am

THE TERMINAL is one of my least favorite Spielberg flicks.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
It might make for a better accompanied-by-a-few-beers DVD rental/Netflix viewing, tiff ... it's not AWFUL, but put it like this - I'm glad the cinema I was at only charges £4 admission before 5:00.

Thanks! That's probably good advice. I may pass. It's not even playing in the big-screen big-sound multiplexes anyway. It's playing at a handful of non-blockbuster venues only.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:18 am

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 25-30

To Sharky: I was looking for that pic without the watermark. :) Nice.

I watched FEMME FATALE again, I found it mesmerizing. Much better on a second go. Favorite line: "You don't have to lick my ass, just fuck me." Only De Palma.

Just wish I could find the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Le doulos

'nother Melville that was really good. Liked the complications. I realized that Belmondo looks like one of my former school mates.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Harmsway wrote:
THE TERMINAL is one of my least favorite Spielberg flicks.

I don't see that there's much wrong with THE TERMINAL. Sure, it strains credibility to bursting point in places, but Spielberg obviously wasn't attempting to make a "realistic" film.

Admittedly, it isn't flawless. The script could have used a couple more polishes, and Catherine Zeta-Jones' character might have been handled better. Still, these are minor shortcomings in the scheme of things - for the most part, THE TERMINAL is a good old-fashioned piece of cracking entertainment, brimming with wit and charm.

BTW, Harms, have you seen TINTIN yet? If so, what did you think of it?
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Avengers Assemble (2012)

The best superhero movie made so far, it is well written, it is fun, if you really want to enjoy it watch it in the cinema. If you watch this as a download from the internet you rob yourself of a great experience.

Whedon delivers a funny, explosive and great actioner that is full of attention for all characters and none gets shortchanged. However the star is the Hulk for the first time you really get to enjoy his character and he has some of the best and funniest scenes.

Whedon rules supreme.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I watched FEMME FATALE again, I found it mesmerizing.
Cheers!

Loomis wrote:
I don't see that there's much wrong with THE TERMINAL. Sure, it strains credibility to bursting point in places, but Spielberg obviously wasn't attempting to make a "realistic" film.
Of course not. But it's too saccharine for my tastes. And I can't stand Hanks' performance.

Loomis wrote:
BTW, Harms, have you seen TINTIN yet? If so, what did you think of it?
Not yet.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:59 am

Harmsway wrote:
But it's too saccharine for my tastes.

Spielberg does indeed turn on the schmaltz, perhaps partly as an overreaction to his recent, much darker fare (SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, AI: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE and MINORITY REPORT) - indeed, THE TERMINAL is much more lighthearted than anything he'd done in many years (albeit that the subject matter, at first glance, hardly suggests "gentle comedy").

This is one of the things I like most about THE TERMINAL. There's the sense of Spielberg letting his hair down and simply having fun (I wish INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL gave me the same feeling - instead, I just get a huge sense of "can't be bothered" from it). He's making a good old-fashioned bit of escapist entertainment, a throwback to the days of screwball. It's not a pretentious film in any way and basically does what it says on the tin (if one can stomach the sugar content).

Having said all that, THE TERMINAL could certainly have been tackled in a more serious, more emotionally engaging and more thought-provoking way, and one wonders how differently the Spielberg of SCHINDLER'S LIST, AI: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE and MUNICH might have tackled it.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 am

I just didn't find THE TERMINAL to be very interesting. On a technical level, Spielberg is solid. But I didn't find the movie to be charming, amusing, or anything I was supposed to find it. Maybe if Hanks' character was a perverted sex murderer I'd have enjoyed it more.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Town on Trial

a John Mills so middle of the road it hurts. Key points is that Geoffrey Keen's in it and the director went on to do Towering Inferno.

Huzzar
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 am

The Insider (1999)

I found it engaging. Top notch cast. Plummer owns as Wallace.

Odd to see one's hometown in a big movie.

Heh, the other DVD I have from Netlfix is TOBACCO ROAD.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1

I am currently undergoing rehab therapy and have a drip feeding me antibiotics.
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:00 pm

The Conversation

A very silent, carefully filmed thriller. Caul's seemingly paranoid fits and his beginning moral qualms gradually get his life off the tracks. A good study of a peculiar character in which pictures and actions do the telling much more so than words. It's a different film from the others by Coppola that I've seen, and really successful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next