More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Creepiest Character in a Bond Film

Go down 
+11
Prisoner Monkeys
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
AMC Hornet
Makeshift Python
CJB
FG Wells
lachesis
The White Tuxedo
Hilly
Largo's Shark
Perilagu Khan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:26 am

Hilly wrote:
The more you rage about Lazenby Monkeys the more I can't help but think there's something much deeper behind it. Like Lazenby did something to you personally once. Deep... deep... psychologically speaking.

A case of self-hating Australianism.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:27 am

Hilly wrote:
Like Lazenby did something to you personally once. Deep... deep... psychologically speaking.

He temporarily ruined James Bond for me. Does that count?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:27 am

CJB wrote:
Hilly wrote:
The more you rage about Lazenby Monkeys the more I can't help but think there's something much deeper behind it. Like Lazenby did something to you personally once. Deep... deep... psychologically speaking.

Lumme, sounds painful. Question is, can it be cured? :*e*:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Like Lazenby did something to you personally once. Deep... deep... psychologically speaking.

Afraid not
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:29 am

Hilly wrote:
CJB wrote:
Hilly wrote:

You tie him up, I'll get the Men at Work CD.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:40 am

CJB wrote:
Hilly wrote:
CJB wrote:
Hilly wrote:

You tie him up, I'll get the Men at Work CD.

Sounds like a plan even if some reason I'm having the image of a silent movie or Marx Brothers film.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:11 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Hilly wrote:

But Lazenby had no hand in the script. Connery's Bond would have done the same thing. Okay, you don't like him, which is all understood, but if you don't like what he's saying, not how he's saying it, you should be hating on Richard Maibaum,
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:24 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 Dieanother

Good choice. I think some people are confused by what "creep" means.

I'd also add Brink to the list, as it is quite clear to me that she was trying to get inside of Bibi's leotard:

Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 Brink

Locque may be an even better choice. Certainly sleazy.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:32 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I think some people are confused by what "creep" means.

What does it mean?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:57 am

FieldsMan wrote:
But Lazenby had no hand in the script. Connery's Bond would have done the same thing. Okay, you don't like him, which is all understood, but if you don't like what he's saying, not how he's saying it, you should be hating on Richard Maibaum,
As I said above, I don't like the way Lazenby delivers the lines. He comes across as sleazy and creepy, especially given the way the girls are brainwashed by Blofeld. It's almost as if he's taking advantage of their suggestible state. I think that if Connery was playing Bond in OHMSS, he would have delivered the same line a different way. After all, Bond witnessed the brainwashing session, and he clearly noticed a change in Ruby's behaviour. If Connery had been in the role, I think he would have used the pick-up line to gain access to the second girl's room because sometihng suspicious was happening and he wanted to confirm it; ie, if Ruby was being brainwashed, were all the girls the same? Yes, Connery would have slept with them, but he wouldn't come across as a creepy, sleazy bastard.

The problem is that Lazenby's delivery of the line is far too eager for my liking. He's clearly ignoring the psychadelic light show in Ruby's room, her sudden and abrupt change in behaviour, and the highly-suggestible state of the other girls. Alarm bells should be ringing, because something clearly is not right at the clinic. Instead, he just goes in and sleeps with the others.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:01 am

That's not Lazenby's delivery, but George Baker's.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:25 am

Sharky wrote:
I think some people are confused by what "creep" means.

What does it mean?

When I think of "creepy" I think of someone that unsettles you, makes you uncomfortable, someone you don't trust, someone that makes your skin crawl, someone who is perverted, etc...

Someone nominated May Day for the thread, but I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. She may not be everyone's favorite villain, but I wouldn't rate her anywhere near being a "creep". For true "creep honors" I'd nominate:

Drax: sexless, droll, and unemotional. He was very ambivalent about killing his personal assistant, or the way in which he killed her, and showed no emotion when Bond killed Drax's sniper (not even the slightest feint of surprise or scandal).

Vargas: Because you just know that beneath his inability to talk with a woman or make eye contact lies the beating heart of a sexually frustrated rapist.

Vlad & Elvis: because no normal, well-adjusted, mature, adult male wears his hair that way.

Maximillian Largo: possessive, easily angered, jealous. Cannot predict what he might do when provoked.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:29 am

Yeah, I love May Day. One of the best Bond villains, but I wouldn't call her a creep.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: g   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 Bpmschel

Maximilian Largo?

:)

PS--To my mind, creepy means some combination of perverse, disturbed and slimy. Anybody possessing a significant quantity of those characteristics qualifies as a creep.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Or a person you would let your children be around. laugh
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
If Connery had been in the role, I think he would have used the pick-up line to gain access to the second girl's room because sometihng suspicious was happening and he wanted to confirm it; ie, if Ruby was being brainwashed, were all the girls the same? Yes, Connery would have slept with them, but he wouldn't come across as a creepy, sleazy bastard.

One small point, since Sharky already pointed out that the actual delivery was by George Baker:

Bond didn't leave Ruby to go to Catherine von Schell's room - he found her in his room. With no time to think or prepare, he just improvised and went with what had just worked - which always gives me a chuckle. ("Hilly, you old devil!")

PM, you seem to be confusing Bond's motivation with what you imagine Lazenby's motivation to be. George was just doing what the script and director said to do; we all know by now that George was incapable of delivering a layered performance. As for what Connery would or wouldn't do, well, that's academic, isn't it? The script was written with Connery's model of Bond in mind.

It's always annoying to read when someone says what one actor's Bond would or wouldn't do in another movie, as if they've visited an alternate reality and seen another version of the film. One might as well say "Connery's Bond would never pretend to neck with himself" or "Roger Moore's Bond would never push a man trapped in a car off a cliff."

But, to each their own. You don't like Lazenby, so he will never do right by you. That's how some feel about Moore, Brosnan and even Craig.

Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:35 pm

I'd also add Brink to the list, as it is quite clear to me that she was trying to get inside of Bibi's leotard:

Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 Brink
Sadly Brink is the hottest woman in FYEO.

AMC Hornet wrote:
It's always annoying to read when someone says what one actor's Bond would or wouldn't do in another movie, as if they've visited an alternate reality and seen another version of the film. One might as well say "Connery's Bond would never pretend to neck with himself"
Haha. It's like they couldn't convince any girls to make out with Sean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creepiest Character in a Bond Film   Creepiest Character in a Bond Film - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Creepiest Character in a Bond Film
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2