More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!

Go down 
+13
AMC Hornet
bitchcraft
CJB
Hilly
j7wild
Perilagu Khan
Jack Wade
David Schofield
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Prisoner Monkeys
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! Empty
PostSubject: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:28 am

Quote :
Lazenby tells us, cutting the martini in favor of a Heiney breaks a sacred tradition -- and to add insult to injury, "It's not the best beer out there, either."

Lazenby adds, it's sad filmmakers will always "go where the money is."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/23/james-bond-george-lazenby-heineken-replaces-martini/[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:34 am

The press running with this "cutting the martini in favor of a Heiney" nonsense is so overblown. It's as if they think Bond can only have one drink in a film and it always has to be a martini.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Someone please remind me why I'm supposed to care about what Lazenby thinks.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:52 pm

If you don't care, don't post. Personally, I do, and to an extent, Lazenby has a point - but none of us know that the martini won't feature, just that the beer will. SF may do something like QOS - Bond has martinis and a beer.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:57 pm

If Lazenby is as clued in as you make him out to be, then surely he recognises that Bond can drink a Heineken and a martini. Since he apparently doesn't recognise this, it makes his comments all the more baffling.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:02 pm

He hasn't been the only one to do it. I didn't hear you complaining about Maud Adams or the rest of the media. We know you don't like Lazenby, but I'm certain that LS didn't post this just for you. In fact, I think he did it for everybody else who is interested in a former James Bond's opinion. No need for unnecessary, monotonous bitterness. :)

Besides, it's not like the producers/Mendes/Craig have gone out of their way to guarantee audiences that a martini will be consumed by Bond, so there's still every chance that he will only drink a beer.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:03 pm

To hear Lazenby talk, you'd think the track-side billboards in the stock-car race had nothing on them.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:06 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I didn't hear you complaining about Maud Adams or the rest of the media.
I can only comment on what I see and read.
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Love the line "and its not the best out there."!

As an Aussie, George'd know!!!!

Different times, though, to when he was Bond. Still in the 60s - Fleming's original being a definite character of the 50s and 60s - and EON still had Fleming's classic works to film. And EON also had Cubby....
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Sorry, George, but that's how business works.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Since when does Laz care about Bond? I thought he let that ship sail in '69.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:10 pm

A friend of mine calls CR a 2 hr plus Sony Infomercial and not a James Bond film.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:35 pm

You're friend has likely never seen an infomercial.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Since when does Laz care about Bond? I thought he let that ship sail in '69.

If he had he wouldn't go to do these signings or that. Diana Rigg doesn't...well, I guess that's different. :)

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:28 am

I've had many a night where I've gone through every kind of alcoholic beverage on God's green earth. The media should stop assuming that if Bond has a Heineken he'll never touch a martini again.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:30 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
You're friend has likely never seen an infomercial.

I must have missed the subliminal advertising during the torture scene...can someone fill me in? Ta....

Also...Laz can have all the outrage in the world, it meant a $45m injection of pure capital into the movie...whereas he only gets another 45 seconds of fame with his rather conspicuously timed tantrum. :roll:
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:00 am

CJB wrote:
The media should stop assuming that if Bond has a Heineken he'll never touch a martini again.

Deliberate misinterpretation by the media gets people talking - look at us, we're the ones who know it's bollocks and even we are talking about it.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:58 am

Why a Dutch beer?

Doesn't Britain have any good beer/ale?
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:02 am

j7wild wrote:
Why a Dutch beer?

Doesn't Britain have any good beer/ale?

John Smith's. Tetleys. Good old Newton and Ridley. Loads of Camra real-ale with twigs in.

Thing is, none of 'em are gonna sell worldwide. And none of 'em are gonna pay EON's price to fill that budgetry gap, either.

And Bond drinking Euro/Yank friendly lager is okay.... Bond drinking beer or ale just isn't done, old boy...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:32 am

Britain has several fine ales, but as far as I'm aware the scene in question takes place in China. Availability of them there seems a tad unlikely.
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:07 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Britain has several fine ales, but as far as I'm aware the scene in question takes place in China. Availability of them there seems a tad unlikely.

Any less likely than Heineken....?

Contribute enough to EON's coffers and you could have Bond drinking raw cat's piss anywhere in the world you wanted (if, obviously, that increased your revenue from the sale of said liquid).
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:44 pm

I'd argue that Heineken is more of a 'worldwide' brand than Abbot Ale, Bombardier, Bishop's Finger etc.
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
I'd argue that Heineken is more of a 'worldwide' brand than Abbot Ale, Bombardier, Bishop's Finger etc.

I'm sure you're right. My point was really that it was probably equally unlikely to find Heineken in China... but, of course, JB'll drink anything, anywhere is EON is paid enough.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Ah ... by saying it was more of a worldwide brand than the ales, I was indicating that it may well be widely available in China. But I don't actually know for sure, in fairness.
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Why would his beer be english? Like Kina Lillet and vodka are english? Isn't bond supposed to be international?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!   George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout! Empty

Back to top Go down

George Lazenby OUTRAGED Over Heineken Deal - New 007's a Sellout!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next