More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0

Go down 
+34
Santa
GeneralGogol
saint mark
Toppers
hegottheboot
Lazenby.
Ravenstone
Fairbairn-Sykes
Loomis
dr. strangelove
Gravity's Silhouette
trevanian
j7wild
Vesper
Salomé
Seve
bitchcraft
HJackson
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Blunt Instrument
Drax
FourDot
tiffanywint
CJB
Control
lachesis
Jack Wade
Hilly
Prince Kamal Khan
Manhunter
Harmsway
The White Tuxedo
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Hey you, the rock steady crew
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:17 pm

It's alright. She's pissed.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:08 pm

The Dam Busters

the theme is spinetingling but the music sparse throughout the film and for good purpose. Even now there's a level of tension thickening from the moment 617 take off to when the last dam breaks. Smashing acting really by Redgrave and Todd, their chemistry helps and both have moving moments chiefly at the end of the film. The late Todd said in an interview about that last scene as Gibson goes off to write letters to the families of those lost in the raid was heartwrenching and said with emotion. The film does as much as it can for the 50's and has impeccable model work really.
Buried in this sea of well known faces were Patrick McGoohan (seemingly sending ol' Nigger to his doom), George Baker and Robert Shaw of course. The Bondian trio completed by an irate Laurence Naismith.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Harmsway wrote:
You should check out this essay on the Corman Poe films and the recurring motifs and themes within.

Bloody hell that's long.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Harmsway wrote:
You should check out this essay on the Corman Poe films and the recurring motifs and themes within.

Bloody hell that's long.
Yeah, I know, but at least it's divided up between the individual films. I went through it film-by-film when I was watching the Corman Poe flicks in order about a year or two ago.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:46 pm

El Dorado

so-so with Mitchum doing the Dean Martin befuddled look of Rio Bravo. This time round Wayne has a spinal problem and every so often the hand goes stiff but he still whacks a few people without being shot despite being in open sight. The best about the film might be James Caan who somehow seems abstract against the Old West setting. Though as nicknames goes Mississippi is not a top one.
Ah, and Michele Carey, sultry voiced and wild haired.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Hilly wrote:
El Dorado

so-so with Mitchum doing the Dean Martin befuddled look of Rio Bravo. This time round Wayne has a spinal problem and every so often the hand goes stiff but he still whacks a few people without being shot despite being in open sight. The best about the film might be James Caan who somehow seems abstract against the Old West setting. Though as nicknames goes Mississippi is not a top one.
Ah, and Michele Carey, sultry voiced and wild haired.

I think Michele Carey is by very far one of the sexiest women I've ever seen in a movie. Why her career didn't take off is a mystery to me.

I really dig EL DORADO, though.

Would have made a dyn-o-mite Tiffany Case.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:21 pm

just something about her look in El Dorado that clicked. Very rarely have that feeling.

Alas, until now I've only seen her in a Fall Guy episode. Definitely would've made a good Tiffany. "You keep leaning on that hooter, Charlie."

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 Ftncq0j46qdhtfcq
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:25 pm

I'll lean on her hooters.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 am

Hilly wrote:
just something about her look in El Dorado that clicked. Very rarely have that feeling.

Alas, until now I've only seen her in a Fall Guy episode. Definitely would've made a good Tiffany. "You keep leaning on that hooter, Charlie."

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 Ftncq0j46qdhtfcq

I remember her from lots of TV, including THE WILD WILD WEST (I think Conrad liked her, she was the computer voice on his later spy series MAN CALLED SLOANE), and an early Jacqueline Bisset called THE SWEET RIDE. Ms. Bisset is introduced to a beach crowd that I believe includes Michael Sarrazzin and Bob Denver by having lost her bikini top. I don't recall hilarity ensuing, but I did watch it both days when it played on the local weekend movie on TV in 1975. I remember Michelle Carey practically knocking Bob Denver out (no, not by swinging a boob at him.)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:02 am

Harmsway wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Pit and the Pendulum (1961)

Jolly good fun. I liked the lighting here better than HOUSE OF USHER. Thought that one looked overlit.
Yeah, I prefer PIT AND THE PENDULUM to USHER. USHER feels a bit stagnant to me.

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 Poe10
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:55 am

I have difficulty deciding which is my favourite HOUSE OF USHER film adaptation.

The silent, French version by Epstein is just so weird and ethereal that it always stands head and shoulders above the rest in my mind, even though I prefer to watch the Corman version.

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 La_chute
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:28 am

Shall have to check that one out!

The Premature Burial (1962)

Some more jolly good fun. Milland actually feels more right for this film than Price to me.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Takjlf2WrZc#t=51s
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Hilly wrote:
just something about her look in El Dorado that clicked. Very rarely have that feeling. Alas, until now I've only seen her in a Fall Guy episode. Definitely would've made a good Tiffany. "You keep leaning on that hooter, Charlie." Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 Ftncq0j46qdhtfcq

I love that big hair look they had from the late 60s through the 70s (1870s that is)
before it became a parody in the 80s
laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Rocky Balboa

God help me it doesn't seem a bad film. It's not the best, it is a tad silly with the idea of Rocky coming back thirty years after the first film and has this colour against black and white shots during the fight. Stallone does his best (he's no Orson Welles in every sense, every facet) but maybe it's Conti's music but when the fight begins and goes on it comes to life. The mentions and flashbacks to the past are good, the shots of Adrian as Rocky gets seven shades knocked out of him, Burgess Meredith etc and then the spontaneous music as he wins.
Indeed, thank God Conti was back. Supposedly there's debate as to whether it has a soundtrack but there is 'original' music early on with Rocky going to Adrian's grave and so forth. Good music.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Santa wrote:

Hey Santa, what's the name of that film that you love?

Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:41 am

SUMMER OF SAM. Spike Lee's film plays like a remake of SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER with a side order of the later ZODIAC (although not as generous a side order as might be expected, for the crimes of and hunt for David Berkowitz really only constitute a subplot here - this is much more of a gritty coming-of-age tale than a crime drama), as co-directed by Martin Scorsese and Oliver Stone. As a result, it's flashy, self-indulgent and lacks focus, yet it certainly has its moments. It's well-acted (although John Leguizamo and Adrien Brody seem too old for their roles) and superbly photographed, while Lee brings some stunning direction to the table (his small role as a reporter seems smug and distracting, though). The New York City of 1977 is recreated brilliantly (well, not that I was there, but the film's visual design certainly seems highly convincing). SUMMER OF SAM is ultimately more a collection of striking, absorbing scenes (that serve, finally, as a love-hate letter to a time and place) than a coherent whole, but for all its flaws it's definitely worth a gander.

Hilly wrote:
Indeed, thank God Conti was back. Supposedly there's debate as to whether it has a soundtrack but there is 'original' music early on with Rocky going to Adrian's grave and so forth. Good music.

Yep. Bill Conti is to Rocky what John Barry is to Bond.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:12 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Santa wrote:

Hey Santa, what's the name of that film that you love?

Foul Play
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:52 am

You can never rely on a girl for a good feed. This exchange was supposed to go:

Ambler: Hey Santa, what's the name of that film that you love?

Santa: What film?

Ambler:
You know, the one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. Oh, and the little shit with a tinfoil pal and a walking pedal bin. His father's a fucking robot and he’s fucking fucked his sister.

Santa: Star Wars?

Ambler: Yeah, that's the one.

With yet more apologies to Sir Malcolm Tucker.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:13 am

You can never rely on a man to remember things.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Look on the bright side: that means you can treat him like shit.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:18 pm

I don't.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
You can never rely on a girl for a good feed. This exchange was supposed to go:

Ambler: Hey Santa, what's the name of that film that you love?

Santa: What film?

Ambler:
You know, the one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. Oh, and the little shit with a tinfoil pal and a walking pedal bin. His father's a fucking robot and he’s fucking fucked his sister.

Santa: Star Wars?

Ambler: Yeah, that's the one.

With yet more apologies to Sir Malcolm Tucker.

'Lego ... they're all made of fucking Lego!'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 7.0   Last Movie You Watched? 7.0 - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched? 7.0
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next