More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection

Go down 
+3
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
Control
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection Empty
PostSubject: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:24 am

http://lalalandrecords.com/StarTrekMailingList.html
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:09 am

I'm buying this.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:19 am

I'm obtaining it. laugh

It'll probably run around $200-300. I like the music to STAR TREK, but not that much.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:36 am

Well, obtaining it would be my prefered option. We'll see. I've thought about the recent NBNW remaster, but the one I have from iTunes sounds fine to me.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:37 am

Here is some stuff you can just right click and save...

http://tos.trekcore.com/audio/index.html#Theme

Love "The Empath".

Just learned yesterday that the guy who did the music for THE MAN FROM LARAMIE did some Original Trek. I had looked for the music from that film.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:09 am

Wow. Hmm. Would like to obtain it. I wonder if they'll put it up available on iTunes in separate volumes, which is what they did with the TNG music by Ron Jones. I wouldn't mind paying volume by volume if they did that, purchasing a volume $9.99 a week instead of blowing a possible $200 altogether. laugh

I only have AMOK TIME and THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE, so at least I won't double dip beyond them.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:19 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Here is some stuff you can just right click and save...

http://tos.trekcore.com/audio/index.html#Theme

Love "The Empath".

Just learned yesterday that the guy who did the music for THE MAN FROM LARAMIE did some Original Trek. I had looked for the music from that film.

That EMPATH linked to is a rerecording. I'm pretty sure they mention that practically no third season original music has ever been released previously.

I am over the moon about this (which I guess means the moon really WAS a window to heaven.)

ELAAN OF TROYIUS battle music sounds like it belongs under every VICTORY AT SEA installment, and in fact I've played my taped-from-tv version of that stuff against any number of war movies when I was younger.

My AMOK/DOOMSDAY CD has been missing for awhile, so I guess I wouldn't be doubledipping on this.

And the fact that there is stuff that never got put into any eps is exciting too. Any new Sol Kaplan stuff would be a godsend!

Until the late 70s, practically the ONLY music I gave a crap about was incidental TREK stuff, all non-electronic Goldsmith, and the utterly fabulous NFL FILMS work by Sam Spence. Oh, and Phil Harris' BARE NECESSITIES.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:08 am

I have AMOK TIME/DOOMSDAY. Also CAGE/WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE.

Can't wait to get a hold of this one way or the other. This makes three big purchases I've either considered or am considering. I think I'll pass on the Bond Blu-ray set. The other is the Hitchcock Blu-ray set. I have all of those in the old Masterpiece box.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:45 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Love "The Empath".

George Duning hit that one out of the park. Really stirring stuff.

Love that trombone effect Jerry Fielding did for THE TROUBLE WITH TRIBBLES. laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Love "The Empath".

Love that trombone effect Jerry Fielding did for THE TROUBLE WITH TRIBBLES. laugh

I never realized Fielding did TRIBBLES. laugh I know I've seen the name in connection with the episode, but for some odd reason I never made the connection.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Well, well how very interesting. I want to go to there.

I have the Amok Time/Doomsday Machine music both of which more or less was re-used during Season 2 (Amok fight music during the Gamesters of Triskelion and so on).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:15 am

A few more details: http://trekmovie.com/2012/08/10/complete-15-disc-star-trek-tos-soundtrack-collection-coming-this-fall-from-la-la-land-ds9-set-in-the-works/

Sadly no price listed. And though I love DS9, the music doesn't interest me. laugh
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:09 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Love "The Empath".

I never realized Fielding did TRIBBLES. laugh I know I've seen the name in connection with the episode, but for some odd reason I never made the connection.

What's really fun is to watch SPECTRE OF THE GUN and hear the score as a warmup for THE WILD BUNCH ... pretty close at points.

EMPATH doesn't just have great sweet music, but it also has one of the best 'flying out of orbit at end' bits too. Violins really cranking away, I think.

Have we ever done a best TOS director thread anyplace in this forum? I know people split between Daniesl and Pevney, but for me it is Ralph Senensky by a mile.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:05 am

Hell, I don't usually pay close enough attention to who directed what. laugh Maybe I should.
Back to top Go down
Murdock

Murdock

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 12:03 am

Lovely Soundtrack. Got it with the expanded TOS film soundtracks. Very retro and enjoyable. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection   LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

LaLaLand Records: STAR TREK - THE ORIGINAL SERIES Soundtrack Collection
Page 1 of 1