More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Brothers Scott Filmography

Go down 
+2
Makeshift Python
Control
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

The Brothers Scott Filmography Empty
PostSubject: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:24 am

Anyone else enjoy THE HUNGER?

Last edited by Control on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:34 am

Control wrote:

Can't go wrong with having your debut film feature a sex scene with Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon (better than all of TWILIGHT combined, goes without saying). Besides the bad ending, I thought it was pretty nifty. The opening sequence was the best part IMO. I also wish David Bowie stayed on longer.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:42 am

The whole film available:

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:55 am

Python wrote:
Control wrote:

Can't go wrong with having your debut film feature a sex scene with Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon (better than all of TWILIGHT combined, goes without saying). Besides the bad ending, I thought it was pretty nifty. The opening sequence was the best part IMO. I also wish David Bowie stayed on longer.

You mean the 1998 TWILIGHT?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:59 am

The Pattinson/Stewart TWILIGHT, I just like to bash it every time a discussion of a vampire flick is brought up.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Control wrote:
The first five minutes are great, but the rest of it plays like a Gothic perfume commercial.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:30 pm

The waving drapes, yeah I can see that. laugh
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 pm

I saw it way back when. It was satisfyingly stylish and creepy. The Bauhaus song was way spooky.

Would make a good double-bill with Schrader's Cat People, which was released around the same time.

A quasi Bowie double-dip.

Deneuve and Kinski back-to-back as creatures of the night. :shock:
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:40 am

CAT PEOPLE has some real problems, though. I'm with Harlan Ellison when he asks what is the main guy doing lusting after Kinski when he has Annette O'Toole right there and wholly available?

I gave CAT PEOPLE another go, first time since opening day in cinema, about a year back. Still doesn't work for me. Should probably do the same for HUNGER, because I've only seen it on VHS, and between the lines of resolution and the smoke level, I can semi-honestly say I don't think I've actually SEEN the movie yet.

For me, Tony Scott's winners are LAST BOY SCOUT, CRIMSON TIDE and of course TRUE ROMANCE. ENEMY OF THE STATE was worth one viewing, but I don't think I have any affection for the rest at all. The thing of it is the ones I like, I like IN SPITE of his visual style, not because of it.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:46 am

trevanian wrote:
CAT PEOPLE has some real problems, though. I'm with Harlan Ellison when he asks what is the main guy doing lusting after Kinski when he has Annette O'Toole right there and wholly available?

Same thing I think in STARSHIP TROOPERS. Who wants Denise Richards when you have Dina Meyer staring at you in heat?
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:11 am

I think the exception that proves this rule is ZAPPED.

With Heather Thomas. And some other girl.

(along with Lynda Carter, Thomas is at least two of the best arguments for remastering installments of BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS from 30+ years back.)

Nuf said.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:21 am

trevanian wrote:

I gave CAT PEOPLE another go, first time since opening day in cinema, about a year back. Still doesn't work for me. Should probably do the same for HUNGER, because I've only seen it on VHS, and between the lines of resolution and the smoke level, I can semi-honestly say I don't think I've actually SEEN the movie yet.

For me, Tony Scott's winners are LAST BOY SCOUT, CRIMSON TIDE and of course TRUE ROMANCE. ENEMY OF THE STATE was worth one viewing, but I don't think I have any affection for the rest at all. The thing of it is the ones I like, I like IN SPITE of his visual style, not because of it.

I also have LAST BOY SCOUT and CRIMSON TIDE on the top of the list, with the latter taking the crown. Two years ago I decided to run a Scott-a-thon with both bros films in release order. MI6 got nuked so the list I made is gone so I'll just go by memory.

Tony:
CRIMSON TIDE
THE LAST BOYSCOUT
TRUE ROMANCE
ENEMY OF THE STATE
UNSTOPPABLE
DAYS OF THUNDER
THE HUNGER
TOP GUN
BEVERLY HILLS COP II
REVENGE
MAN ON FIRE

I enjoyed everything from BHC2 to the above on varying degrees. REVENGE failed for me all because the characters played by Coster and Stowe were the dumbest people ever written (what smart person would try getting behind Anthony Quinn's back?). It's a film I want to love but can't because I can't believe they'd do that without being at least cautious. MAN ON FIRE really turned me off from watching the rest of Tony's films that I only bothered with UNSTOPPABLE because of the good word of mouth. It's like a better written version of REVENGE (same concept of a man going after the mob south of the border) but the filming and editing techniques left a really bad taste in my mouth that I found it virtually unwatchable. There must be a lot of people that have low tolerance level for thinking this is anything beyond decent.

And as for Ridley...

BLADE RUNNER
ALIEN
KINGDOM OF HEAVEN (Director's Cut)
BLACK RAIN
BLACK HAWK DOWN
GLADIATOR
THELMA & LOUISE
PROMETHEUS
AMERICAN GANGSTER
HANNIBAL
G.I. JANE
WHITE SQUALL
LEGEND
SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME

Netflix Instant had 1492: CONQUEST OF PARADISE in HD but I blew my chance and now it's no longer up and so far there has not been a DVD/Blu-ray release in this region.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brothers Scott Filmography   The Brothers Scott Filmography Empty

Back to top Go down

The Brothers Scott Filmography
Page 1 of 1