More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Bond Youtube Thread

Go down 
+24
Blunt Instrument
hegottheboot
silvertoe
JMY
You don’t know me
Hilly
Denbigh
Walecs
Bond Fan 90
Makeshift Python
TedHeath
Mr. Trevelyan
MBalje
G section
GeneralGogol
Louis Armstrong
Largo's Shark
CJB
retrokitty
Drax
colly
Prince Kamal Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 7:18 pm

This is on the DVD, watched it last night on the bonus disc. Something about it that's kind of cool. Touch of Brett Sinclair more than Bond.

Can't quite imagine any other Bond doing a spot like it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am

Good stuff. Vintage Rog and, yes, no other Bond could pull off an ad like that.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 5:55 pm

well this one rivals TSWLM a little. "I'm Octopussy"...well yes and the ending, an outtake

watched some of the Brolin screentests on the bonus disc. If he had been Bond I hope the script would've been sharper. Though it's almost like watching Felix Leiter.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 1:33 am

I like Brolin but he should have never been considered and I don't think Cubby really did at all. The tests are like TV clips from the era. I think it was again a means of combating Moore's agents demands.

Most of the teaser trailers are very good and the best ones were actually done by Maurice Binder and feature custom logos and transitions. Glen admitted he had trimmed the "fill er up please" gag and had to put it back after Binder had put it in the teaser and audience howled with laughter.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 10:28 pm

nothing earth-shattering

part of me does wonder what Dalton, the classically trained actor, thought of such things like this where (alright) he only has to swivel towards the camera. You suspect Moore didn't quite mind the TSWLM teaser of addressing the camera *as* Bond. It's not a bad video but LTK did seem to suffer from poor publicity stuff. It's like no one seem to know what to do with this film.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Brozza had to do this as well for GE and TND. Now it just seems like a product of 20th century cinema. Having characters look into the camera in trailers and sometimes even addressing audiences seems to be as passe as the dramatic narrator.

Although there was a shot-for-trailer bit in CR's teaser with Craig alone at the card table looking at the camera. It felt very anachronistic at the time because no trailers for big movies were doing that anymore, and it was never featured in any other promotional stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Brozza had to do this as well for GE and TND. Now it just seems like a product of 20th century cinema. Having characters look into the camera in trailers and sometimes even addressing audiences seems to be as passe as the dramatic narrator.

I miss the narrator. THIS SUMMER, ONE MAN, NOW MORE THAN EVER.

Makeshift Python wrote:
Although there was a shot-for-trailer bit in CR's teaser with Craig alone at the card table looking at the camera. It felt very anachronistic at the time because no trailers for big movies were doing that anymore, and it was never featured in any other promotional stuff.

Ah yes, I remember. The lighting made Craig look dreadful and this was when large segments of movie fandom sill thought he was a tad ugly.

I can even still recall a fan edit where the shot of Craig at the table was accompanied by a voiceover of Homer Simpsons repeating "oh crap" or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 2:35 pm

CJB wrote:

I can even still recall a fan edit where the shot of Craig at the table was accompanied by a voiceover of Homer Simpsons repeating "oh crap" or something to that effect.

Please try find it. yes
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 4:21 am

Despite the slight cheesiness of the turn reveal the LTK teaser trailer is still ballsy as hell. It's one of my all time favorites. The usage of the "when you get on his bad side" from the teaser poster combined with "your number is up"...still gives me chills. The GE trailer builds on this and despite the MTV style edit I think it's probably the best teaser trailer ever made.

Tim's stare combined with the defacto voice of generations for trailers literally screams that this time it's going to get NAHSTY!!!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 8:29 pm

I confess I didn't realise subsequent actors did the face to camera thing. All the same, Dalton looks more pissed at showing off a watch than anything else. colgate
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 11:11 pm

Quite frankly, a little odd

this one I like, aside from the Moore pun (and the fact the chap says "Roger Moore IS James Bond" as the screen says "Roger Moore AS James Bond", the shot of Moore walking at the camera after his gunbarrel is a nice touch and I'm pretty sure the Bond theme is the OHMSS version

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Bond productions ran on cow juice ... whoda thunk it? And dear God, three-minute trailers ... they'd never stand for it nowadays!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 8:00 pm

In my recent trawl through the trailers on my DVD's I have been surprised by the sheer volume that are 3min plus. I've seen fan-made trailers for things like say Star Trek Beyond or whatever, that even at 2-3mins long have people saying: "That's the whole movie". Yet clearly back in the day that was okay -I mean FYEO's DVD has three trailers at best and each are over 3mins long.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 2:07 am

The behind the scenes footage from that milk ad is priceless.

I agree on the trailers but I think the reason why they always run long is that Maurice Binder himself cut most of them through this era which explains their custom opticals. For trailers of the era they all are quite classy and well done.
And the LALD materials all seem to use the OHMSS JB theme recording. It's always interesting when other film versions of the theme get used such as the LALD version being in the TLD trailer, GE's Parodi Fair trailer music in the TND trailer etc.

Nothing will beat the 60's era for pure excitement and over the top announcers. even the double bill reissue trailers are gold. But a number of the radio spots are truly magical.
This is 007 in one minute defined.

This is the best spot of the series IMHO:
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 11:41 am

Those are marvellous.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 9:17 am

Cinema and advertising were really something else in those days; even better when the two converged.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 10:56 pm

here you are Fields, about 4.30

sure it's follow me but something seems quite disjointed.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 am

It does sound like 'follow me'. Could be something else. Might be something in German. Good pick up.

How glorious is that music, though. smile
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Someone pointed out about the 4min mark, that Bond carries on firing but there are no muzzle flashes. Aha.

But yes, it's a good piece of music for Arnold. It kicks up when Bond leaps into the water and kisses Wai Lin with hell-a-poppin' overhead.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 7:28 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:

But yes, it's a good piece of music for Arnold. It kicks up when Bond leaps into the water and kisses Wai Lin with hell-a-poppin' overhead.

Yep! Bond theme erupts into a celebration of the mission's end, rescues the girl and then dissolves into Was Lin's Theme, as I like to call it. A rendition pops up prior to the bike shop fight. Gorgeous piece. whistle
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 1:58 am

Richard Kiel interview a few years back. Reveals an affinity for Lazenby and OHMSS...

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 10:13 pm

well, went back to Q the Music (for the 007 Theme) but what the hell...

Back to top Go down
Denbigh

Denbigh

PostSubject: SKYFALL | Mission Impossible: Fallout Style | Trailer   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySat May 11, 2019 3:09 am

Here's an old video I never got round to finishing :)

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2019 1:34 am

Very cool. Makes me want to watch SF again, actually. Can't say that about a lot of fan trailers.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:12 pm

well, this one just makes me wish we had a third Dalton

I was watching the Film 89 interviews on my LTK DVD, can't find it on YouTube but how Dalton talks about 3-dimensional Bond women in the early days, then as decoration almost and the films in general makes me miss him more as 007.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Bond Youtube Thread
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next