More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Bond Youtube Thread

Go down 
+24
Blunt Instrument
hegottheboot
silvertoe
JMY
You don’t know me
Hilly
Denbigh
Walecs
Bond Fan 90
Makeshift Python
TedHeath
Mr. Trevelyan
MBalje
G section
GeneralGogol
Louis Armstrong
Largo's Shark
CJB
retrokitty
Drax
colly
Prince Kamal Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 5:53 pm

As I've said a thousand times, VTAK I think is my most desired for a proper release. The fight at Stacey's house, the horse race and the drive up to Zorin's chateau alone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 1:08 am

if folk want to see what Robin Williams called "legalised insanity" in action, this runs it close. Randomly one night decided to do a VTAK commentary.

Proving popular as far as my videos go, 14 views. Easy Batman.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 4:19 am

https://chrono-score.blogspot.com/2017/07/tomorrow-never-dies.html

Here's a great chronological reworking showing how to use both CDs and the isolated score track to recreate the full thing. So at least you do have a way to get it officially for TND.
The Chapter 3 CD is great but took me years to find. I do think a LLL reissue with a new master could sound even better than the original CDs. It'd be even better if they did a brand new hires transfer and released it that way instead of going back downsampling to CD.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 4:22 am

Hilly wrote:
if folk want to see what Robin Williams called "legalised insanity" in action, this runs it close. Randomly one night decided to do a VTAK commentary.

Proving popular as far as my videos go, 14 views. Easy Batman.
Cool! I'll check it out later. I've always wanted to do my own commentary tracks staring with Bond but have been afraid to have myself babbling for two straight hours and afraid of there being dead space or flubbing a name.
then you see what passes for a "commentary" on YT and it's some dudes having a general chat with thousands of responses to my utter astonishment.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who listens to commentarries. I even rip them and play them on the go and have a storage archive for when I feel like re-listening to one.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 5:34 pm

Well, if you're worried about blabbering for two hours or messing a name, I'm well ahead of you. I kept referring Macnee as Sir Patrick and then realised he was never knighted. Like with OHMSS and Daylights, I suddenly realised there's bits I never have noticed watching Bond and there's a habit of laughing at my own jokes.

Ahem.

I had one person on my life chat and he knows his Bond. Seems to be a Moore fan.

As for listening to commentaries, I do so sparingly sometimes. I made a point of listening when I got my Das Boot blu-ray, done so for Wrath of Khan (Nick Meyer is always a delight...that tired, weary..."Yes.. that IS his own chest") and so on.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 11:19 am

Didn't realise you were such a big fan of San Francisco. Check out Ip Man 4. They head to the city that is Zorin's resting place and it looks stunning.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 pm

Oh aye, as I say, it started as a school project when I was about 10/11 and the rest writes itself. Some of my madder ideas have gone away with age but yes.

I'll have to have a look at Ip Man. I forgot during the commentary where they filmed Stacey's house but it's not far apparently.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:28 am

Have watched some short bits of you Hilly (apologies, am just not a fan of watching things of any length on the laptop).

Somewhat of a surprise ... your posts had led me to expect someone along the lines of a more coherent version of the Fast Show's Rowley Birkin laugh .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 5:28 pm

I can but wish. I mean I had to google his name but know the character.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 12:28 am

My fried Daisuke who has already done some Bond related videos and streams on his channel invited me to do some video chats about Bond. It's very much just open ended talk about the series in general over Zoom but it went pretty well and we hope to do it again later. I made sure to plug the forums and hopefully we get some fresh blood in.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 1:36 pm

Great! I'll check them out soon!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Never can get enough of this rendition. Something about it, though the latter half is heard often in the film, that just gets the adrenalin going. Way Koskov Escapes segues into the second half as well.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 5:09 pm

Alan partridge..The spy who loved me commentary, he nailed it tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrp0wJsXNEA
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm

I've been slowing making my way through your videos, HGTB. So refreshing to hear balanced Bondian views on YT that isn't frothing over Daniel Craig and carefully considers the others. And kudos to Daisuke for giving you the time to talk! Other Youtubers I've seen constantly butt in and interrupt the flow of conversation.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 10:10 am

Another fairly old one and again i apologise if its already been posted, thought you guys might be interested to see Eunice gayson who now looks like a drag queen. Oh and brick eckland who's acting in Tmwtgg was not unlike a brick come to think of it. She was in the recent series of The real marigold hotel where they send loads of old has beens to India and she never shut up about being a "Bond bird" and actually carries a bag of publicity photographs around to autograph for her adoring public..Phoo yuk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWZ-jsFSh14

Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 4:06 am

Thanks KKBB! It was very nice and refreshing to just be able to shoot the breeze on YT so it's something different than what you usually see. I think it's just me and Hilly doing the straightforward hardcore Bond stuff on the site with most others going over a lot of the same ground.

I always watch Calvin's uploads (and wish I could post with that regularity!) but always wish he got a bit more detailed at times. One of his latest was a director's ranking which I understood the thought process of but disagreed how he rated Young.

As for Daisuke's channel it's phenomenal and easily the channel for the Criterion Collection on YT.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:42 am

Calvin's disdain for Young is indeed baffling. A knockoff Hitchcock, he calls him, someone who points and shoots. Hopefully that revelation that surfaced recently about the Three Blind Mice in the background gives reason for a re-evaluation on his part.

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 10:03 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Hopefully that revelation that surfaced recently about the Three Blind Mice in the background gives reason for a re-evaluation on his part.

What would that revelation be out of interest?

I always found it a bit goofy to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 3:17 am

I did a google search and came up with this: https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/dr-no-three-blind-mice-stalking-strangways-house

This is why DR. NO should be seen on the big screen, because it's little details like that which I never caught before on TV.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 4:09 am

Well what do you know.
Never have I spotted that and while it may be the actors or stand-ins it's probably from a deleted sequence that would have shown a closer shot of them observing.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:46 pm

Bingo.

Obviously it's not the only example, but to suggest Young is a 'point and shoot' director when moments feature in his movies doesn't ring true.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Still getting my way through your first video, HGTB, which is helping me get through home workouts in lockdown!

Wanted to comment and say that your statement about Brosnan choosing not to smoke in his Bond films is incorrect. He wanted to but the powers above prevented it. For example, he wanted to smoke in the hotel room scenes in TND. Supposedly to 'complete the look' as Bond would naturally enjoy a cigarette and a drink as he's winding down.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 5:38 pm

Filthy habit!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 2:08 pm

Can't hear/read those words without hearing Arnold's bombastic score.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 11:45 am

On Brozzer Bond not smoking ... there's a GE-related interview with Martin Campbell where he says that was his decision 'because smoking kills people'.

Reminds me of the Surgeons General warning in the credits of LTK ... because smoking is DEFINITELY the worst threat to life depicted in that film laugh .

Clearly there'd been a change of heart by DAD, with the cigar and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Bond Youtube Thread
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next