More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)

Go down 
+19
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Moore
saint mark
Strangways&Quarrel
Xenia93
Salomé
jet set willy
Campbell4
Hilly
dr. strangelove
Largo's Shark
bitchcraft
lachesis
Prisoner Monkeys
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Makeshift Python
Control
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:34 am

Yeah, CBn jumped to it pretty quickly. And GS was playing with the idea that the bullet hole in the glass on the teaser poster represents the car Tracy is shot in, and that maybe Swann is being set up as a new Tracy.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:50 am

I can see them do certain callbacks, but not actually retell stories or scenes from previous films verbatim. For example:

Bond is driving in his new Aston Martin, with Lucia Sciarra on the passenger seat. She made a deal with Bond to give any info she knows about her husband, Blofeld. Maybe she even tells her sad story of how she got involved in that loveless marriage and that she's finally ready to break away from all that. Just as Bond is about to resume driving, there's a shot through the windshield, and the gunner is Hinx. Lucia is dead.

It's enough to recall the ending of OHMSS, but different enough without actually plagiarizing it like STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS did of a certain scene in an earlier Trek film.

If we get a scene of Bond skiing with a lover while romantic music is playing, I might shoot myself.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:10 am

Control wrote:
Bautista, Seydoux and Waltz looked like the only excited actors at the press conference.

The others looked like they didn't want to be bothered to get out of bed that day.

Fiennes especially has had an air of "I know I'm really too good for this stuff" from day one.
At least from what I've seen in interviews and public appearances.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:09 am

There is an interesting idea that has been floated over at CBn - that Denbigh is a whistleblower.

The official synopsis says that M is faced with political pressures that threaten MI6. That's basically the same plot as SF, but Fiennes has said that MI6 will still be dealing with the consequences of SF. CBn have floated the idea that MI6 will be faced with renewed scrutiny, and Denbigh discovers that Quantum and/or SPECTRE have infiltrated the British government. Feeling that this is a threat to national security, Denbigh decides to go public - but the problem is that as justified as he might be, doing so will compromise Bond's investigation. M then has to balance out the need to protect Bond against MI6's need to be open and transparent.

Okay, so it's a bit of a riff on a traitor within MI6 and ripped from the Snowden headlines, but I think it is a fascinating idea.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Salomé wrote:
Control wrote:
Bautista, Seydoux and Waltz looked like the only excited actors at the press conference.

The others looked like they didn't want to be bothered to get out of bed that day.

Fiennes especially has had an air of "I know I'm really too good for this stuff" from day one.
At least from what I've seen in interviews and public appearances.

SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 XvhYsfz

Bellucci had an "alright, where's my check?" type of look on her face.

At least Mendes seems excited. I guess that's what counts most.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Control wrote:

Well, Menses did say that they 'broke rehearsal' to come in and do this presentation to the press; maybe they were irritated or tired. I've never seen a Bond rehearsal. I'm guessing it's a table read, but how exactly do you do a table read when half the script is explosions and gun fire. And do the actors and actresses rehearse the love scenes or is it just inferred?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:10 pm

Control wrote:

That's what really makes me confident as him being the director. There's a real sense of enthusiasm coming from him, even when trying to make a lame joke it comes from the heart. He seems like he belongs with the EON family whereas one-off directors of the past like Forster were off putting (his interest in the four elements rather than Bond lore is pretty telling).
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:03 pm

I tweaked the board logo

SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 Image

Say hello to the 50 yr old cougar.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:08 pm

Excellent, Dog. Now maybe Dan could be holding his cock?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:11 pm

So we finally returned to the dreaded banner debate?

tongue
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Control wrote:

That's what really makes me confident as him being the director. There's a real sense of enthusiasm coming from him, even when trying to make a lame joke it comes from the heart. He seems like he belongs with the EON family whereas one-off directors of the past like Forster were off putting (his interest in the four elements rather than Bond lore is pretty telling).

I feel the same way. Mendes has been a life-long Bond fan, referenced Fleming often and seems genuinely excited to be doing another film. He also seems proud of his cast (as he should), which tells me he'll probably do a damn good job of getting the best performances from them.

I honestly don't think Forster had even seen more than three Bond films. And he's sure the fuck never picked up a Fleming novel in his life.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Control wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
Control wrote:

I feel the same way. Mendes has been a life-long Bond fan, referenced Fleming often and seems genuinely excited to be doing another film. He also seems proud of his cast (as he should), which tells me he'll probably do a damn good job of getting the best performances from them.

I honestly don't think Forster had even seen more than three Bond films. And he's sure the fuck never picked up a Fleming novel in his life.

Agree 100%. I like the sounds Mendes makes about the franchise, and has come across as the only director other than Campbell who really seems to care about doing a Bond film. And its nice for continuity sake that we have the same director on board for 2 in a row, the first time since John Glen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:45 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
I tweaked the board logo

SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 Image

Say hello to the 50 yr old cougar.

Hello 50 year old cougar.

Is she now in the GILF category rather than MILF category...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Control wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
Control wrote:

I remember Forster actually mentioned Terence Young as being an influence for QOS. I wish that was more evident on the screen. I can imagine when he watched DR. NO he probably said to himself "there should be more quick cuts" when that car chase started.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Well, Menses did say that they 'broke rehearsal' to come in and do this presentation to the press; [...]
ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 am

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 2:05 am

Control wrote:
Mendes has been a life-long Bond fan, referenced Fleming often and seems genuinely excited to be doing another film.
Every actor and director says that upon the announcement of the cast and crew, and I admit that I was sceptical when Mendes was first announced for SF given his credentials (even if some of his other work was of high quality). But I think SF demonstrated that Mendes' affection for the series is genuine, because that's what he was able to channel into the film. It observed the tradition of Bond films without relying on or being indebted to it, but was progressive without abandoning its roots. Of all the original films, I felt SF was the first that could have been based on a Fleming novel had Flemimg published more.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 3:03 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Well, Menses did say that they 'broke rehearsal' to come in and do this presentation to the press; [...]

ROTFLMAO

Is Gravy suggesting Menses broke his cycle?

Oh! Oh no, people. No!
SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 Mqdefault
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 3:12 am

I predict the gun barrel sequence will be back at the start.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:51 am

Second that. Where else? LOL
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Control wrote:
Mendes has been a life-long Bond fan, referenced Fleming often and seems genuinely excited to be doing another film.
Every actor and director says that upon the announcement of the cast and crew...

Right. But, in Forster's case, it turns out some of them are flat-out lying about that.

Mendes seems to know enough to the point where he could probably fit right in on a site like this.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I do like the enthusiasm Mendes has brought so far. I certainly get the impression that he truly does care about the franchise and the work he's doing with it. SKYFALL was like his love-letter to Bond movies, and I'm not sure a lesser director or a non-fan of the franchise would be able to make it the way he did. It's also great that all the actors and crew seem to absolutely adore him. There's no telling if some of these guys would even return for Bond 24 if Mendes hadn't agreed to do it.

As far as Forster goes...on the one hand, he seemed to be kind of a pretentious douche and I certainly got the impression that he felt he was too good for Bond. On the other hand, he did bring some great things to the table. To suggest that he hadn't read a Fleming novel I think is way off base. QOS, for all it's shortcomings, had a lot of great Fleming moments buried within itself that I don't think any director without a familiarity of the Bond novels would be able to highlight.
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Foster is a hack. Mendes may not be perfect as directing blockbusters (SF was full of cringe worthy moments) but at least he is honest.

I'm guessing Foster seduced Babs into doing whatever he wanted and then his cut let everybody down, hence why the QOS SE got the shaft.

I could direct a better Bond movie with a 10 of the budget in my sleep.

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Offensive comment has been removed. Stamper is supended for a week.)
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Stamper wrote:
Foster should be raped forever in prison for crime against Bond and swindling Eon's cash.
Yikes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Stamper wrote:
Foster should be raped forever in prison for crime against Bond and swindling Eon's cash.
Yikes.

Yeah, for a moment I thought Python wrote that. It's disconcerting that Stamper thinks it's acceptable to say stuff like that here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)   SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPECTRE: Predictions and Speculation (SPOILER FREE ZONE)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next