More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  Empty
PostSubject: OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase    OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 10:11 am

An enthusiastic Bond fan pieced this together - a video with behind the scenes shots of the rooftop chase and how it unfolded from the College of Arms. A little superfluous, and I like that in the finished film we have Bond and the College working together in what is a covert operation, but had the chase been included, I'm sure it would have been quite thrilling.

For your viewing pleasure:

Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

Location : For it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase    OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:51 pm

I never knew there was so much cut. Wouldn't have helped OHMSS' running time, would it?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase    OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:39 am

Quite. Though I do like the idea of the MI6 cover up with Phidian's death.
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase    OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 am

Interesting, yes. This reminds me of that man-that-never-was story from the war.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase    OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Looks like it would of been a good sequence but I think they made the right call in not including it. The College of Arms scene I like as it builds on the spy-thriller elements in the movie and just throwing in an action scene towards the end would have felt a bit much and kind of forced to be honest.
Back to top Go down
SarahN
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
SarahN

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase    OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 3:22 pm

These stills suggest the scenes were really shot, no? Did they decide to drop this part in the middle of shooting? Fight and cover-up would surely add another 10 minutes I guess.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase    OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 4:38 am

The film's better off without it. The jump to Switzerland improves the pace more than another action scene would have done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase    OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase  Empty

Back to top Go down

OHMSS Deleted Sequence - A London Rooftop Chase
Page 1 of 1