More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

British Politics thread

Go down 
+24
Santa
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
SarahN
Staugust
lachesis
Hilly
Campbell4
Salomé
CJB
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
Control
tiffanywint
G section
jet set willy
Vesper
retrokitty
HJackson
Ravenstone
Blunt Instrument
Largo's Shark
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

British Politics thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Unfortunately UKIP plays to a simple solution to all woes and the conceit that everything has one identifiable root cause is very enticing to the average voter. That coupled with the fact that Farage himself has oodles more charisma than his nearest rival and a general dissatisfaction with traditional politicians makes for a volatile electorate...the real question is whether 'fear of change' restrains or changes people when it comes to a general election.

Ironically the UK is generally led by majority governments that got elected when less than 45% of the country wanted them.....atm at least with very little fanfair we are run by a government that represents 60+%.... I'm not saying its better or worse, but when people moan its one of the few times we kinda got what we asked for ^^.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:00 pm

lachesis wrote:
Unfortunately UKIP plays to a simple solution to all woes and the conceit that everything has one identifiable root cause is very enticing to the average voter. That coupled with the fact that Farage himself has oodles more charisma than his nearest rival and a general dissatisfaction with traditional politicians makes for a volatile electorate...the real question is whether 'fear of change' restrains or changes people when it comes to a general election.

Ironically the UK is generally led by majority governments that got elected when less than 45% of the country wanted them.....atm at least with very little fanfair we are run by a government that represents 60+%.... I'm not saying its better or worse, but when people moan its one of the few times we kinda got what we asked for ^^.

True. Though I would argue that a bag of flour with a smiley face drawn on it has more charisma than Cameron or Miliband.
In Cameron's defense, he at least still looks like a real person. Miliband looks like he came off the conveyor belt in some secret Labour facility.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 11:55 am

[quote="Salomé"]
lachesis wrote:
In Cameron's defense, he at least still looks like a real person. Miliband looks like he came off the conveyor belt in some secret Labour facility.

Indeed in fact as far as leaders go I think Milliband is even some way behind the uber-bland Clegg in the charisma stakes, still I suppose if he gets elected the cost of security goes down as he could go anywhere and no one would care or notice.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 6:55 pm

It seems to be virtually impossible for Miliband to be photographed without him looking odd in some way.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:26 am

British Politics thread - Page 8 Miliband_beggar_3092143b

Getting the Muslim vote all stitched up.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:54 am

British Politics thread - Page 8 Miliband_beggar_3092143b

"Oh a peasant begging I better cross.......damn there's a Camera I'll give some money but won't look in case I catch herpes!"

Actually on second thoughts blue suit, blue tie......has the Labour spin machine photoshopped Ed's head on Cameron's Body?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 4:40 pm

tyUi

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:44 am

A little something for the bitchers and moaners about all the migrants that make life in the UK so hard. Thinking of you there, Erica (you really a guy? I never!)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11264679/Migrants-prefer-Germany-to-Britain-report-finds.html

"Germany, not the United Kingdom, is the main destination of free movement within the European Union, an international economic organisation has found.
Nearly 30 per cent of migrants travelled to Germany in 2012 under EU free movement rules, compared to seven per cent of EU free-mobility migrants that moved to the UK, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) revealed.
In its annual International Migration Outlook, it said recent national estimates suggest an increase in free movement migration to the UK this year - but Germany continues to be the main destination of free movement within the 28-country bloc.
The findings come after David Cameron, the Prime Minister, signalled he is ready to lead Britain out of the EU if other member states refuse to compromise on the principle of free movement, which he and other ministers say is behind a surge in immigration to the UK.
Last week, official figures showed net migration rising to 260,000 in the year to June - 16,000 higher than when the coalition Government came to office."

Whoa! What's that? We're not suffering the most? How can that be, when we learned to whine about how the ugly, ugly Germans enslave us with the EU and all the smelly foreigners they force upon us??? My, in the end we might even find out one or two of them pay taxes in the UK instead of dodging. Or, worse, that the UK might even profit from migration. That possible?

Wonder how that can be when all my life I was told how dandy and darling everything about England is...
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:51 pm

This did made me giggle a bit. Schrödinger's immigrant. :)

http://newsthump.com/2014/11/28/ukip-warns-of-schrodingers-immigrant-who-lazes-around-on-benefits-whilst-simultaneously-stealing-your-job/

Quote :
UKIP have updated Schrödinger’s famous thought experiment by insisting that immigrants exist in a state of both lazing around on benefits whilst simultaneously being out there stealing British jobs.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:02 pm

They mean the place in my favourite pub, that's taken by the Schroedinger guy! Fuck the Germans! And he drank my beer while I was taking a leak in his Beemer's tank...
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 1:56 pm

British Politics thread - Page 8 B3uV7GyCUAANneD

I obviously do not have a dog in this fight, but this kind of crap would make it hard for me to grant UKIP even a protest vote. No politician has any business in people's bedrooms.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 3:20 pm

bhj

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:31 pm

I found this since then as well:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/ukip-denies-affiliation-with-homophobic-twitter-account-that-sent-abuse-to-gay-campaigner-jack-monroe-nice-people-these-marxists-9895664.html

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:35 pm

bn

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:41 pm

The NVA is having similar issues over here.
After having been a fringe, separatist party for many years, they boomed under the leadership of Bart De Wever to become the most popular party in Flanders. Unfortunately, the number of MPs they suddenly have revealed some serious warts on their visage. Amongst the many gaffes were instances of negationism and some minimizing of the effects of collaboration. We're only a few months into this legislature...
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:19 pm

And we in the Netherlands have Nutty Blondie also known as Geert Wilders who finds solace in insulting people of another religion as long as the Dutch government will pay for his bodyguards and safety.

these last years have shown him a populist that is actually great at being in the opposition as soon as he has a chance to help govern he does a runner.

He is fairly popular but will never ever govern again as nobody will make that mistake again, especially as his party is filled with morons of the grade A variety.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:24 pm

I guess "we" just have a very weird sense of humor? Our health minister is obese and our immigration minister attended the birthday party of a Nazi collaborator. blink
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Salomé wrote:
I guess "we" just have a very weird sense of humor? Our health minister is obese and our immigration minister attended the birthday party of a Nazi collaborator. blink

And at least one of your Royals likes to dress up as a Nazi, because they were so incredible funny. drugs
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:32 pm

saint mark wrote:
And we in the Netherlands have Nutty Blondie also known as Geert Wilders who finds solace in insulting people of another religion as long as the Dutch government will pay for his bodyguards and safety.

That says more about the religion he's "insulting" than it does anything else.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:35 pm

hj

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm renewing my passport and packing polar gear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:09 pm

CJB wrote:
saint mark wrote:

That says more about the religion he's "insulting" than it does anything else.

It says something about how a few nutters seemingly have too much power these days, even if mr Blondie does say some horrible offensive things about the religion and its believers and some are no more than generalized populist nonsense which have no intention of solving anything but are aimed at stupid people of the so-called christian variety and blame anything preferable on somebody else than looking at themselves.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Nah, I think my point was more valid.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:45 pm

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2014/02/24/comment-the-eu-us-treaty-which-enforces-privatisation

This reads as pretty terrifying and should be worthy of focus quite a bit more than "immigration gone wild" in terms of EU-skepticism.
Back to top Go down
Campbell4
Cipher Clerk
Campbell4

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Scary indeed. Goes to show lots of EU-skeptics are more concerned with tabloids and populist BS than real concerns. TTIP and this arbitration stuff is bound to have grave consequences for Europeans. The promised boom and the jobs we get told will come with it are not at all guaranteed, only corporate capital is pushing for the deal with its lobbyists. If the people themselves had a say in it I don't know if it would pass a referendum. But then we are on our way to leave the EU, won't concern us a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

British Politics thread
Page 8 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next