More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

British Politics thread

Go down 
+24
Santa
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
SarahN
Staugust
lachesis
Hilly
Campbell4
Salomé
CJB
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
Control
tiffanywint
G section
jet set willy
Vesper
retrokitty
HJackson
Ravenstone
Blunt Instrument
Largo's Shark
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

British Politics thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 11:44 am

There'd have been a time when Johnson's unlawful prorogation of Parliament would've been regarded as treasonous, and at the very least he would've resigned. But we don't really live in honourable times any more.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Looks like an 80+ seat majority for the Conservative party. I guess this makes a no-deal Brexit far more likely?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 3:51 am

One can only hope. But never underestimate the ingenuity of the AWRs to subvert democracy. They'll fine some new way to nullify Brexit.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 8:03 am

Don't see how they can now. With this majority, Boris doesn't need anyone else and he has enough leeway within his own majority to not be too worried about either ERG or whatever little remains of the remain faction within the Conservative party.

Only Boris Johnson and his government can now still mess up a Brexit.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Great result. Corbyn was one one of the vilest figures ever spat out by contemporary Western polity. It's also been noted that if BoJo goes a full term, Labour would've gone half a century without winning an election with anyone other than Tony Blair at the helm. Surely, a sign of the party's utter irrelevance.

What's 'AWR' stand for, Khanners?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Me and my type 2 diabetes are certainly looking forward to the cripplingly expensive health insurance that will likely be necessary when Johnson sells the NHS to the US in a post-Brexit trade deal neutral.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:21 pm

CJB wrote:
Great result. Corbyn was one one of the vilest figures ever spat out by contemporary Western polity. It's also been noted that if BoJo goes a full term, Labour would've gone half a century without winning an election with anyone other than Tony Blair at the helm. Surely, a sign of the party's utter irrelevance.

What's 'AWR' stand for, Khanners?

AWR = Anti-White Racist = Liberal
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Wagered and won over 2 thousand quid with my silly mates. Waited until I collected that kitty to announce it hehehe

I burnt a number of them with Trump last time, can't wait to do so again.

People like Jeremy make me sick.

I watched the results roll in on SKY news, some of the margins were very tiny, shows you how important each and every vote is.
And Sadiq Khan, you fucking little toilet bug Mayor...no one cares what you think.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 9:47 pm

For the first time in over five years, a Member of Parliament has been brutally murdered. A Conservative MP, Sir David Amess. Utterly shocking and saddening. As someone said on the Beeb, such events are blessedly few and far between but the act is just savage, unthinkable. Some link it to Angela Rayner's scum remark about Tories the other week but generally, ill feeling against politicians has been on the rise since around Brexit.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 11:15 pm

Just heard about it on the news. Is the feeling across the pond that it was politically motivated or a random attack?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 12:07 am

Nothing firm yet. Some of tomorrow's papers are leading with it being terror related. Jo Cox's murderer five years ago was a far right nutter invoking Brexit and other things. (and I believe charged on terrorism as well as murder).

I dare suggest politics is one motivation. People are always vocal about disliking Tories and some of twitter has reflected that today.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 5:00 pm

Murderer was a Somali, I understand.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 16, 2021 8:45 pm

A lot said today online about this fact, immigration etc with others saying he's a British national and so what.

By most accounts, Sir David was a thoroughly decent chap, friendly and likeable, father of four, devout Catholic, who always tried to do the right thing for whatever cause. I didn't know him nor was too aware of his political career but I think of a memorial tombstone in Brompton Cemetery with these simple words at the base -"He did his best" and well, isn't that enough once we're dust?
Back to top Go down
Maeve Horton
'R'
'R'
Maeve Horton

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 1:17 pm

I thought it was time we revived this thread:

Back to top Go down
https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com/
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 4:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

British Politics thread
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28