More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

British Politics thread

Go down 
+24
Santa
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
SarahN
Staugust
lachesis
Hilly
Campbell4
Salomé
CJB
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
Control
tiffanywint
G section
jet set willy
Vesper
retrokitty
HJackson
Ravenstone
Blunt Instrument
Largo's Shark
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

British Politics thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 8:54 am

I had honestly never heard of him.

But then, I don't follow British politics that closely.

I know of Abbott only because some study found out she gets a ridiculous amount of online abuse. Was it more than all of the other MPs combined? It was something crazy like that.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the public inquisition/lynch mob, but I can be amused by someone who makes public proclamations about other people's physical appearance being less than purely alluring him- (or her-) self.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 9:10 am

n

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 1:09 pm

The Labour Party has now suspended this MP due to more recent allegations that he called a constituent an "ugly bitch". Also more recent online comments are said to have been unearthed. The plot thickens...
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 1:26 pm

I am deeply uncomfortable with these types of witch hunts.

At the same time, isn't this the level at which politics has been practiced for a while now? Down in the muck?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 1:32 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 1:37 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
I see that as Jared O’Mara's social conscience was raised he added to his blog that “any girl that would like to make whopee with me must be passionate about charity and the fight against social injustice”.

Why do intelligent women fall for this shit? (Rhetorical question, obviously.)

I can't imagine that there were many women for whom this would be the clincher as to whether or not they would sleep with him.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
I see that as Jared O’Mara's social conscience was raised he added to his blog that “any girl that would like to make whopee with me must be passionate about charity and the fight against social injustice”.

Why do intelligent women fall for this shit? (Rhetorical question, obviously.)

I can't imagine that there were many women for whom this would be the clincher as to whether or not they would sleep with him.

I can't imagine any woman would want to sleep with him. Even those who are "passionate about charity and the fight against social injustice” sarcasm .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 4:54 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 7:57 pm

'Make whoopee'? How is he able to use the internet, back there in the 40s?
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Santa wrote:
I can't imagine any woman would want to sleep with him. Even those who are "passionate about charity and the fight against social injustice” sarcasm .

You can't imagine any woman would want to sleep with an overpaid MP who was being fast-tracked for a position in the next Labour government? I am both surprised and disappointed by the high moral integrity of women in your parts/nether regions. Usually, Tesco horse lasagne and a couple of bottles of Pinot noir does the trick.

And there it is. That's Ambler.

I can't speak for other women but I personally have never slept with someone I haven't been attracted to in some way (at the time at least. I can't speak for the following morning blink ) - I don't mean for what they can offer, but I mean some characteristic about them (and I don't necessarily mean looks either, but I think you and I have covered that ground before). I can't find anything attractive about this one, certainly not this: "MP who was being fast-tracked for a position in the next Labour government". Surefire way to make me run a mile, to be honest, but definitely not because of my moral integrity. We both know I don't have any.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 pm

b

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 pm

b

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 2:39 pm

What exactly is the context of the pee tape? Also, what is it with the recent trend of politicians and pee tape rumors?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
So Sir Michael Fallon becomes the first high-profile resignation. Unexpectedly, Michael White , the former political editor of the Grauniad, has suggested that women are equally culpable and responsible for their actions. It's almost as if he's suggesting this affair is about removing men from power rather than women's safety at work.

Quote :
“The power doesn’t all lie on one side; clever, attractive young women looking for stories. They can play the power game to poor old, ugly backbenchers with bad breath… they are predators.”

That's a silly quote though. Is he arguing that those young women are on an equal footing of power with an MP (backbencher or not)?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 9:57 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 10:55 am

It's perfectly fine for her to assess her own experience in any way she chooses to, but not sure how that applies to anyone else's.

I have no knowledge of this case but I would be very surprised if he is gone because he once put his hand on a woman's knee. That's not how the world works. In fact, the Weinstein case sort of proves that's now how the world works.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 11:04 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 11:24 am

But do we know for sure that the "hand on knee" thing is the only reason he is gone?

If not, than the premise of that opinion piece is flawed to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 11:29 am

x

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Surely Boris is the Pandora's Box of this scandal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 11:00 pm

On the subject of Brexit, I do feel for those EU citizens who came to the UK in good faith and whose lives are now more or less living in deep uncertainty. Not that fairness has anything to do with it, not at that political level, but it does seem unfair that they will pay a significant price for essentially not having done anything wrong at all.

But that is of course besides the point of British people's democratic rights.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 3:36 pm

b

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

British Politics thread
Page 20 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next