More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Singers for B25

Go down 
+13
Makeshift Python
G section
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Kath
bitchcraft
Salomé
Gravity's Silhouette
CJB
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Professor Train
Santa
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Singers for B25 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher's High-Flying Birds, Snow Patrol or Coldplay ... some 'crunchy' rock a la Chris Cornell or something anthemic and faintly 'alternative rock', a la Garbage.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher's High-Flying Birds, Snow Patrol or Coldplay ... some 'crunchy' rock a la Chris Cornell or something anthemic and faintly 'alternative rock', a la Garbage.      

oh my!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 10:09 pm

But are they current enough, BI?

I think Harry Styles could belt our something LALD or AVTAK-esque. Queen seems to be getting a lot of attention lately. And with Rami as the villain, hmm...
Back to top Go down
Morland_Specials

Morland_Specials

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 10:48 pm

Watch, it'll be Ed Sheeran. The song will make "Writing's On the Wall" seem listenable by comparison.

Last edited by Morland_Specials on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 1:24 am

Actually, yes. It'll be Ed Sheeran or Dua Lipa. He's a better singer than Sam Smith but still not right for Bond.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 2:11 am

I'm going to go with The Bieb
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 2:13 am

Bond, Babs and The Bieb

why not
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 8:39 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:

I think Harry Styles could belt our something LALD or AVTAK-esque. Queen seems to be getting a lot of attention lately. And with Rami as the villain, hmm...

They're current to me ... then again, I am 48. I would just prefer 'proper musicians' to pop fluff, which I'm afraid is what Styles, Dua Lipa, Bieber etc come across as to me.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 8:49 am

I think Styles could pull it off. He may have started off as pop fluff with One Direction, but so did Paul McCartney with the Beatles. I wonder how many Bond fans felt when he got the gig in '73 remembering Bond's shade thrown in GF.

I'm not really sure who I want to be honest, as I've never really kept up with the music scene. I didn't even know who Chris Cornell was when he got the gig, I only knew him as "that guy" from Soundgarden.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:

They're current to me ... then again, I am 48. I would just prefer 'proper musicians' to pop fluff, which I'm afraid is what Styles, Dua Lipa, Bieber etc come across as to me.    

laugh I wasn't serious about the Bieb
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 10:56 am

You possibly might've been excused on the grounds of loyalty to a fellow Canadian.

But only possibly laugh .
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 2:37 am

They never go for the right kind of impact. Back on GE they went and got Tina Turner and the lyrics were written by Bono and The Edge. The songs for TND and TWINE while perhaps not as strong overall are both very good and I love them for what they are. And of course Surrender got bumped to end title status.

Since then the biggest things to happen songwise that people knew of:
Hiring Madonna and she made a dance track.
Hiring Adele because she was super famous at the time.

That's it. Where's the panache? The heavy hitters? The meaning? I have a list of dream choices that are all great ideas but will never happen.
Duran Duran should get another crack at it, but if Dame Shirley couldn't then there's no hope for any return engagements. Radiohead's attempt while not great was astoundingly superior to the nightmare eventually unleashed but even they were rejected and practically every music nerd and critic in the world adores them.

Heck, Depeche Mode should have done it at some point in the past 20 years. Now there's a dream.

But most importantly the composer needs to have input and weave the song into the whole score.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Who is the likeliest candidate of the No Time To Die theme. It's edging closer to some kind of announcement, surely. Considering they usually employ a current artist, my bets will be on:

Dua Lipa (ballsy, soulful voice)
Camila Cabello (might mix well with the Cuban locale)
Adele (reclaiming past success)
Sam Smith (Babs is keen on breaking records. Since WOTW, it's come out as gender fluid or something. So it would be the first time a "non-binary" academy award winner will sing the theme, and reclaim past success, however woeful his/her/its voice is.)
Harry Styles (I wouldn't mind this. He's quite good, actually.)

Harry Styles could be acceptable, though I've really only heard one song of his: Sign of The Times.

How does MUSE not rate consideration by EON?

Hozier, One Republic, Beyonce and Lady Gaga would all be okay with me. I am, however, miserably out of touch with current music and have no idea what a Dua Lipa or a Carbi B or a Wiz Khalifa is. My musical interests pretty much stopped around 2010.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 12:18 am

Beyonce and Lady Gaga? Dude...
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 am

I can take or leave Beyonce, but Lady Gaga has got a set of lungs worthy of a Bond title song.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Lady Gaga can sing. I don't care for her and don't have any of her songs, but she can carry a tune. Beyonce is a brand name. I'd rather have one of them singing rather than a non-binary, non-gender conforming mealy-mouthed singer warble the theme.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 am

Sarai wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Lady Gaga would give the title/theme song a much needed bit of star power after the melancholy twaddle that was WRITING'S ON THE WALL. The songs and the movies need to be fun and entertaining; Kleinman would probably find a lot of inspiration with a Gaga track.

My preference is rock....my favorite songs are Live and Let Die, Where Has Everybody Gone, The Living Daylights and A View To A Kill. Yet I found Chris Cornell's song lacking a bit because his vocal's weren't up to the task.

I can also enjoy the ballads, and I think Gaga could belt one out along the lines of Surrender if given the chance. What I don't want is another low-rent, flash-in-the-pan Sam Smith warbling out of the side of his/her/it's mouth, wailing and whinging on and on about how they can't live without love in their lives. WOTW was a travesty.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 am

Bond 25

Starring Daniel Craig
Co-produced, co-directed, co-written, co-everything by Daniel Craig

Title song by Daniel Craig

There you heard it first from me, here he is waxing warm

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:12 am

Sold! laugh
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Sarai wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Lady Gaga would give the title/theme song a much needed bit of star power after the melancholy twaddle that was WRITING'S ON THE WALL. The songs and the movies need to be fun and entertaining; Kleinman would probably find a lot of inspiration with a Gaga track.

My preference is rock....my favorite songs are Live and Let Die, Where Has Everybody Gone, The Living Daylights and A View To A Kill. Yet I found Chris Cornell's song lacking a bit because his vocal's weren't up to the task.

I can also enjoy the ballads, and I think Gaga could belt one out along the lines of Surrender if given the chance. What I don't want is another low-rent, flash-in-the-pan Sam Smith warbling out of the side of his/her/it's mouth, wailing and whinging on and on about how they can't live without love in their lives. WOTW was a travesty.

Yeah, WOTW is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 7:42 pm

Well, I understand William Shatner is free to do a song. Now's the time, Bill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 am

I'm not a huge fan of Gaga either but agree she can sing.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:31 am

Hilly wrote:
Well, I understand William Shatner is free to do a song. Now's the time, Bill.

I saw he just got in an argument on twitter over the "OK Boomer" meme lol
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Who is the likeliest candidate of the No Time To Die theme. It's edging closer to some kind of announcement, surely. Considering they usually employ a current artist, my bets will be on:

Dua Lipa (ballsy, soulful voice)
Camila Cabello (might mix well with the Cuban locale)
Adele (reclaiming past success)
Sam Smith (Babs is keen on breaking records. Since WOTW, it's come out as gender fluid or something. So it would be the first time a "non-binary" academy award winner will sing the theme, and reclaim past success, however woeful his/her/its voice is.)
Harry Styles (I wouldn't mind this. He's quite good, actually.)

Harry Styles could be acceptable, though I've really only heard one song of his: Sign of The Times.

How does MUSE not rate consideration by EON?

Hozier, One Republic, Beyonce and Lady Gaga would all be okay with me. I am, however, miserably out of touch with current music and have no idea what a Dua Lipa or a Carbi B or a Wiz Khalifa is. My musical interests pretty much stopped around 2010.

I don't know the latter two you post either. laugh Dua Lipa's signature song (and best imo) is New Rules, but her other songs showcase more of her singing ability.

Harry Styles could belt out something like LALD or AVTAK, and we're well overdue for something like that.

On the topic of Gaga, I'd say she's a dull songwriter, but she can sing. In an ideal world, the composer (Arnold?) would write the theme and she'd lend her vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singers for B25   Singers for B25 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Singers for B25
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: No Time to Die-
Jump to: