More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Bond Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+22
silvertoe
Hilly
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Xenia93
You don’t know me
Sarai
BamesJond
OO7
Makeshift Python
Perilagu Khan
Vesper
Strangways&Quarrel
Control
hegottheboot
Professor Train
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
Perfect_Spy
Gravity's Silhouette
lachesis
bitchcraft
CJB
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:33 pm

cool, I I just added the three Crocodile movies to my list and will watch them as soon as I get through the Harry series and I want to watch that Warriors movie
anyone that likes Basket Case has to know what they are talking about and it gives me something to do at work lol

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:38 pm

I think when Khan speaks of seriousness in Bond films he's speaking in relative terms for Bond rather than film in general. I remember in 2004 when I would describe FRWL to someone I would strongly emphasize that it's a more serious and grounded Bond film, mainly because we were still fresh off of DAD with its space laserbeams, invisible cars, and CGI parasailing. I'm pretty sure in 1980 any Bond fan would have made similar a emphasis of such comments in light of MR's release.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Sarai wrote:
cool, I I just added the three Crocodile movies to my list and will watch them as soon as I get through the Harry series and I want to watch that Warriors movie
anyone that likes Basket Case has to know what they are talking about and it gives me something to do at work  lol

not that I want to derail the thread but the third Dundee is best left alone. Hogan does his bit but the first one is the absolute best. I understand in Australia a certain moment has been censored or edited out. At least someone I worked with says as much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Sarai wrote:
QoS just never seems to get any love but I thought it was the best of the Craig series. It is the one that really feels, dark, gritty, dirty even. The direction and action is great minus the shakey cam moments and it's very claustrophobic feeling in just about all the scenes. The whole movie feels like it's
shot down a dark alley and narrow roads. Camille I really did care about and what a horrible past she had. That ending where she is surrounded by the flames.
The CIA hit squad coming after Bond.
Opera scene.
Strawberry Fields is so hot and just too cute for words.
Then that final line when M say's I need you back and Bond reply's he never left was one of my favorite moments in the series. He's not the rogue, never was and knew what he was doing all along.
I don't think there is anything in that movie I don't like.
I wouldn't want all Bond to be that dark but it worked here even down to the water plot line.

Oh, it's dirty alright. My nickname for it is Quantum of Squalor. It feels like most of the film is set in a barrio or a ghetto. Not what one expects from a Bond film at all.

But there are aspects I like, a few of which you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
I think when Khan speaks of seriousness in Bond films he's speaking in relative terms for Bond rather than film in general. I remember in 2004 when I would describe FRWL to someone I would strongly emphasize that it's a more serious and grounded Bond film, mainly because we were still fresh off of DAD with its space laserbeams, invisible cars, and CGI parasailing. I'm pretty sure in 1980 any Bond fan would have made similar a emphasis of such comments in light of MR's release.

Yes, that's basically true. However, it seems to me that the overwhelming majority of motion pictures that have ever been made cannot properly be termed "serious" if by that we mean that they contain absolutely nothing that is silly, far-fetched or outrageous. If you combed through perhaps 95% of those films, you'd find at least a couple of sequences that could be so classified. That being the case, it is pretty meaningless to say all Bond films are unserious. Not all Bond films are more unserious than that 95%.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Sarai wrote:
QoS just never seems to get any love but I thought it was the best of the Craig series. It is the one that really feels, dark, gritty, dirty even. The direction and action is great minus the shakey cam moments and it's very claustrophobic feeling in just about all the scenes. The whole movie feels like it's
shot down a dark alley and narrow roads. Camille I really did care about and what a horrible past she had. That ending where she is surrounded by the flames.
The CIA hit squad coming after Bond.
Opera scene.
Strawberry Fields is so hot and just too cute for words.
Then that final line when M say's I need you back and Bond reply's he never left was one of my favorite moments in the series. He's not the rogue, never was and knew what he was doing all along.
I don't think there is anything in that movie I don't like.
I wouldn't want all Bond to be that dark but it worked here even down to the water plot line.

Oh, it's dirty alright. My nickname for it is Quantum of Squalor. It feels like most of the film is set in a barrio or a ghetto. Not what one expects from a Bond film at all.

But there are aspects I like, a few of which you mentioned.

That's what I liked about it but wouldn't want it to be like that all the time. It was just fun for a change much like LTK was in concept.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 pm

It's also one of the funniest and has some of the best comedic lines in the series.

"You're Canadian...? You work in Canadian intelligence?"  

If that didn't have you on the floor laughing in tears then nothing will.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 10:53 pm

Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 BOBDOUGMCKENZIE1

Eh, take off, hoser!
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:55 pm

lol Now that is epic. My dad has their record on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 12:48 am

Makeshift Python wrote:

That's fine. And that's why I think the term 'focused' is much more accurate than serious.

There's an element of Benign Bizarre in Bond. Some take it too far (YOLT, DAD, for example), but several strike a good balance of it. Even in FRWL and TLD. They embrace it as part of Bond's DNA and it stills pivots seamlessly to the main story. When they forget about it, or are too ashamed to embrace it (especially in the case of SP), the films lose that quality that make them Bond films. And that's why some say CR is the Bond film for people who don't like Bond.

Hilly wrote:
Dundee is quite the legend. To the point they had the internet in a flap last year when the Australian tourist board did an advert that was covered up as a fresh 'reboot' of Dundee. Clever of them.

They actually are doing another Dundee film. Or a spinoff of some kind. Called The Very Excellent Mr Dundee. Has quite a cast, with Chevy Chase, Olivia Newton John, John Cleese, Wayne Knight and Paul Hogan all playing themselves according to the cast list. blink
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 3:41 pm

Sarai wrote:

My brother loved Strange Brew.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

That's fine. And that's why I think the term 'focused' is much more accurate than serious.

There's an element of Benign Bizarre in Bond. Some take it too far (YOLT, DAD, for example), but several strike a good balance of it. Even in FRWL and TLD. They embrace it as part of Bond's DNA and it stills pivots seamlessly to the main story. When they forget about it, or are too ashamed to embrace it (especially in the case of SP), the films lose that quality that make them Bond films. And that's why some say CR is the Bond film for people who don't like Bond.

Hilly wrote:
Dundee is quite the legend. To the point they had the internet in a flap last year when the Australian tourist board did an advert that was covered up as a fresh 'reboot' of Dundee. Clever of them.

They actually are doing another Dundee film. Or a spinoff of some kind. Called The Very Excellent Mr Dundee. Has quite a cast, with Chevy Chase, Olivia Newton John, John Cleese, Wayne Knight and Paul Hogan all playing themselves according to the cast list. blink

I think SP actually has quite a bit of Benign Bizarre. For instance, the Dies de los Muertos theme in the PTS, the SPECTRE meeting and Brofeld's lair in North Africa. CR has less. I'm sure there's some--somebody help me out here!--but I'm struggling to recall it this instant.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 7:57 pm

What!? No...I mean I like Hogan, Knight, never Chase...but no...way... kaboom
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 10:34 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Sarai wrote:

My brother loved Strange Brew.

another to add to my list
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Hilly wrote:

I think SP actually has quite a bit of Benign Bizarre. For instance, the Dies de los Muertos theme in the PTS, the SPECTRE meeting and Brofeld's lair in North Africa. CR has less. I'm sure there's some--somebody help me out here!--but I'm struggling to recall it this instant.

No matter how hard one tries it's hard to get around expectations. I had heard for so long that DAD and QoS were the worst movies ever made, like Plan 9 bad that when I watched them I ended up liking them and I think that's part of the reason. Skyfall had the opposite effect on me as people were putting it up there with Connery's best so I felt let down.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 11:53 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Hilly wrote:

Yes, and that's why SP in part feels more like a traditional Bond film. I'd add Hinx's thumbnails too. But for every bizarre element in SP there's something that pulls the film back into the generic actioner CR and QOS aim for: the Day of the Dead parade becomes the backdrop for more reckless stupidity from Bond, the SPECTRE meeting I'll concede to, even though Bond's access to the room is too easy and sows the seeds for that awful Cuckoo dynamic. Brofeld's lair is very good, though it's not used enough at all, because we can't have lairs in the Craig era. These filums are too serious. A film that embraces the sub genre that James Bond is would have made use of that Moroccan base for the final act.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 11:11 am

Not sure that fella whose eyes Hinx drove his thumbnails into would call them 'benign' laugh .
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Hilly wrote:

Yes, and that's why SP in part feels more like a traditional Bond film. I'd add Hinx's thumbnails too. But for every bizarre element in SP there's something that pulls the film back into the generic actioner CR and QOS aim for: the Day of the Dead parade becomes the backdrop for more reckless stupidity from Bond, the SPECTRE meeting I'll concede to, even though Bond's access to the room is too easy and sows the seeds for that awful Cuckoo dynamic. Brofeld's lair is very good, though it's not used enough at all, because we can't have lairs in the Craig era. These filums are too serious. A film that embraces the sub genre that James Bond is would have made use of that Moroccan base for the final act.

Now, now, KKBB. Reckless stupidity? Really? That's probably more common in Bond films than the Benign Bizarre. The signal example is Bond flying the remote control BMW over the edge of the parking garage and into the rental shop in TND. If we eliminated reckless stupidity from Bond films we would eliminate 1/3 of all the footage!

I do agree that the North African lair should have been used more extensively and that the finale should have occurred there rather than in London. That said, I think that was simply a mistake on the part of the creators rather than some stricture against lairs in DC films.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Not sure that fella whose eyes Hinx drove his thumbnails into would call them 'benign' laugh .

Good point! That was a case of Malign Bizarre, which equals grotesquery more suitable to a genuine horror film rather than a Bond film. Same goes for the drill torture. I think those scenes, as depicted, were mistakes by the creators.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 10:54 pm

"That's probably more common in Bond films than the Benign Bizarre. The signal example is Bond flying the remote control BMW over the edge of the parking garage and into the rental shop in TND."

lol That was dangerous as was driving the boat car through the restaurants and I kept wondering how nobody got burnt up in that scene.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 11:02 pm

I finally got around to showing Chanelle TSWLM and Moonraker and her opinion on the whole thing was that JAWS is soooooooooooo cute! and that's about it really lol
well that's a different take on Bond films I guess but I have a feeling she's going to be disappointed when he doesn't show up again
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 12:35 am

I've heard Jaws called many things, but "cute" is not among them!

If she likes Jaws, BTW, she needs to watch the Twilight Zone episode called "To Serve Man." He's a right cutiepie in that one, too.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 1:13 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Hilly wrote:

Now, now, KKBB. Reckless stupidity? Really? That's probably more common in Bond films than the Benign Bizarre. The signal example is Bond flying the remote control BMW over the edge of the parking garage and into the rental shop in TND. If we eliminated reckless stupidity from Bond films we would eliminate 1/3 of all the footage!

I do agree that the North African lair should have been used more extensively and that the finale should have occurred there rather than in London. That said, I think that was simply a mistake on the part of the creators rather than some stricture against lairs in DC films.

That moment in TND isn't ideal, but part of my justification is that Bond thought the wall was as solid as the parking lot garage door, which could withstand two missiles. Secondly the horn sounds so surely that counts towards him letting bystanders know to move. Thirdly, it buys Bond time. Fourthly, TND has a lighter tone. tongue Besides, that entire scene is so creative.

In SP, Bond is supposed to protect Madeleine. So after the most generic action sequence in any Bond film (save for maybe that Miami airport sequence in CR), he decides that ramming a plane up the car that holds the person he's to protect in the back seat is the best way to move forward. No wonder she cracks it when she gets out of the car. The chopper hovering over a crowd of thousands of people in Mexico is by far worse in terms of reckless stupidity than that TND moment. What was he thinking? Also doesn't help that half of the close up shots look like dodgy CGI work.

BI wrote:
Not sure that fella whose eyes Hinx drove his thumbnails into would call them 'benign' laugh

Touché!
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 1:22 am

laugh

" Secondly the horn sounds so surely that counts towards him letting bystanders know to move"

coming through!!!! outta the way ya old bat
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 1:46 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I've heard Jaws called many things, but "cute" is not among them!

If she likes Jaws, BTW, she needs to watch the Twilight Zone episode called "To Serve Man." He's a right  cutiepie in that one, too.

That's what makes her so damn adorable, only she could come up with that. I think I will go with GoldenEye next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Bond Movie You Watched.
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next