More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die - Teaser

Go down 
+14
Stamper
hegottheboot
Sarai
Perilagu Khan
Hilly
Xenia93
jet set willy
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
Gravity's Silhouette
CJB
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 7:26 pm

The good news, reactions to the trailer are trending positive so far, especially on youtube....including from those who initially reacted negatively to the 'woke' aspect.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 9:26 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
The good news, reactions to the trailer are trending positive so far, especially on youtube....including from those who initially reacted negatively to the 'woke' aspect.

That's good news only if the woke aspect of the film has been wildly exaggerated.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm

jet set willy wrote:
Hate to say it, but there are so many bad reminders of SPECTRE in this trailer. It sums up the stuff that hasn't worked in the Craig era.

Hope I'm wrong with the film itself.

Exactly. I've been saying it's just a glossier version of Spectre.

Xenia93 wrote:
Count me in for being excited -- this seems to have the energy that the creakier-feeling Spectre lacked. However, I'm also in agreement with those of you voicing some concern over the echoes of the weaker aspects of Craig's tenure (Madeleine betrayal, the godawful "line" delivery, Waltz showing back up to poke at Bond's psychological state).

It's just the photography and improved action in my opinion. But that can only mask so much of a weak story. They just never seem to get Madeleine right.

BI wrote:

On the 'Bond, James Bond' delivery ... I'm getting a hint of irritation. My guess is the other guy is MI6 front-desk security, and there's a 'I've never heard of you and you're not in the computer system, it's more than my job's worth to let you in' type situation going on.

Well, yes. It's pretty obvious what they're trying to do. It's just clunky in the trailer. Might work a little better in the context of the film, but I doubt it, considering his other versions of that line haven't worked, IMO.

Salome wrote:
I agree that the whole betrayal angle is played out and stale by this point.

My one hope is that they use it as a red herring, perhaps more as the fruit of Bond's paranoia, following Vesper's betrayal.

Though I'd still have preferred they omitted such a subplot entirely.

Yep. Even if it is a red herring, it's such an overused trope in the Craig era to be distracted by. More creatively bankrupt than what the 80s allegedly is.

BC wrote:
The trailer's ok but I hope there's some really good set pieces..

The car chase does look impressive. And I quite like the shot of those two figures abseiling, so there could be something there.

Hilly wrote:
Well, I was mostly tickled by the DBS and that Craig's Bond seems to be the one who's gotten the most use out of the DB5.

Heh. Wonder if Dimitrios' ever used the machine guns or ejector seat. sarcasm

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:22 pm

Salomé wrote:

My one hope is that they use it as a red herring, perhaps more as the fruit of Bond's paranoia, following Vesper's betrayal.

I'm glad they're not going to just kill her off, as that would have been even more tired. Madeline will likely be innocent, but Bond's inability to be able to share a peaceful life with a woman is part of what keeps him isolated.

Perilagu Khan wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:

That's good news only if the woke aspect of the film has been wildly exaggerated.

Higher chances that's the case, and the exaggeration was intentional on the media's part in order to elicit stronger reactions from everyone, whether left or right. Which is typical, as they're known to be guilty of baiting that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:31 pm

Way more to this trailer than I was expecting. This wasn't a teaser. It was a full-on trailer, but I'm not complaining.

Looks plot heavy with not as much variety in the action. No scuba, no aerial, no snow skiing. Lots of car-related work.

Is the motorcycle jump separate from the car chase?

Rumor was that the teaser was locked down in August, but the Matera material would seem to indicate it wasn't, or they changed their minds.

What I liked: Nomi, Bond, Paloma...even Madeline's dourness may be put to better use in this film.

Jury is still out on Blofeld and Safin, but on the surface, at least, Blofeld seems more useful in this film. Rami could have all the hallmarks of a classic villain, but we'll have to see...his line delivery didn't do much for me.

The bizarre mask-wearing thing....like Jason or Michael Myers...could be interesting.

The teaser did hook me instantly and it went in a direction I was not expecting at all, so kudos for that.

I'm upgrading my forecast of the film: from an F- to a solid B+.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:34 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
They just never seem to get Madeleine right.

The problem with SP was that she didn't work under the mold of Tracy, and treating her as such only highlighted what a weaker character she was conceptually. In this it looks like Fukunaga decided to veer away from the Tracy 2.0 mold and instead try to make Madeline work in her own right, and in this case it would look like they just swapped roles between her and Bond. Where in OHMSS Blofeld came after Bond, here it's the bad guys going after Madeline but Bond assumes he was the one they were after and bailed thinking she had a role in it. This could partly be why she was in hiding in SP as there was more to her than just being the daughter of an assassin.

But I guess we'll see how they ultimately pull it off. I'm just glad she's no longer a Tracy 2.0, it was the one thing I didn't want to see play out.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Quite the turnaround Grav. My forecast is that it will slot in nicely between QOS and LALD in my ranking. So at number 22.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Salomé wrote:

I'm glad they're not going to just kill her off, as that would have been even more tired. Madeline will likely be innocent, but Bond's inability to be able to share a peaceful life with a woman is part of what keeps him isolated.

Perilagu Khan wrote:
bitchcraft wrote:

Higher chances that's the case, and the exaggeration was intentional on the media's part in order to elicit stronger reactions from everyone, whether left or right. Which is typical, as they're known to be guilty of baiting that kind of thing.

Possibly. I certainly hope that's the case. At any rate, I'll at least watch the trailer.

yes

Last edited by Perilagu Khan on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
They just never seem to get Madeleine right.

The problem with SP was that she didn't work under the mold of Tracy, and treating her as such only highlighted what a weaker character she was conceptually. In this it looks like Fukunaga decided to veer away from the Tracy 2.0 mold and instead try to make Madeline work in her own right, and in this case it would look like they just swapped roles between her and Bond. Where in OHMSS Blofeld came after Bond, here it's the bad guys going after Madeline but Bond assumes he was the one they were after and bailed thinking she had a role in it. This could partly be why she was in hiding in SP as there was more to her than just being the daughter of an assassin.

But I guess we'll see how they ultimately pull it off. I'm just glad she's no longer a Tracy 2.0, it was the one thing I didn't want to see play out.

Still the chance she'd get bumped off (there are funeral scenes in the film with Bond attending). If she's not Tracy 2.0 there's every chance she'll be Vesper the II.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:40 pm

The woke thing seems entirely about PWB's involvement, which I find amusing.

I didn't perceive Fleabag as a real example of "woke PC" media.

If anything some of her creative choices are quite the opposite of that.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Still the chance she'd get bumped off (there are funeral scenes in the film with Bond attending). If she's not Tracy 2.0 there's every chance she'll be Vesper the II.

Except the grave stone looks too old to be for someone freshly buried. It's probably Judi Dench M, Vesper, or someone else entirely. Madeleine has a higher chance of being a Tiffany Case (literary) than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 pm

jet set willy wrote:
Hate to say it, but there are so many bad reminders of SPECTRE in this trailer. It sums up the stuff that hasn't worked in the Craig era.

Hope I'm wrong with the film itself.

I think many of the horror elements of SF and SP will also be present in NTtD. As long as they don't push it too far--and they came mighty close in SP--I'm okay with those elements.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:52 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:

Except the grave stone looks too old to be for someone freshly buried. It's probably Judi Dench M, Vesper, or someone else entirely. Madeleine has a higher chance of being a Tiffany Case (literary) than anything else.

Got to be M. She managed to be in Spectre so what odds this is their latest way of having Dench back? Voice from the grave... "You've fucked it up this time 007." colgate
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:55 pm

I don't think the 'horror elements' are the issue, unless we're talking about the horror that was Spectre's script. It's the contrived, lazy, 'this time it's personal' aspect of the films.

MP wrote:

If Dench's M is buried in Matera I'd be hard pressed to swallow the rest of the film.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 11:00 pm

Calvin Dyson, keen eyed as ever, noted this on Twitter: Blofeld's year of birth is 1946. So for a shared childhood with Bond, that would make Bond in his late 60s, or even 70, perhaps? Good to see them acknowledging Craig is ageing.  laugh

No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EK85OH5X0AEx9zC?format=jpg&name=900x900

Last edited by Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 11:03 pm

I don't think the 'horror elements' are the issue, unless we're talking about the horror that was Spectre's script. It's the contrived, lazy, 'this time it's personal' aspect of the films.

MP wrote:

If Dench's M is buried in Matera I'd be hard pressed to swallow the rest of the film.

And I was noting other commonalities I descried from the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 12:16 am

OK that makes it look pretty damn good and the action scenes looked great. def elements reminding me of Spectre and while that movie did bore me I don't have a problem with the basic plot

lashana lynch just looks bad ass
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:57 am

Sarai wrote:

lashana lynch just looks bad ass

And Ana has a good ass.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:29 am

What I like:

- Nifty action and stunts
- Cinematography
- That bit at the end with a pseudo-gunbarrel feel... although I hope they're not gonna ape CR and do a traditional gunbarrel opening

What I no like:

- Brofeld is back
- Madeline is back
- Madeline is gonna betray Bond because EVERYBODY BETRAY ME
- Deep n' gritty childhood issues again
- Cregg looking his age
- Bond hanging out with Moneypenny at Q's house like a seedy old man
- A sassy black woman who don't need no man, very original and very fresh... oh hang on it's not 2002?

Look, I think it'll be better than SPECTRE but my expectations are still very low.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 8:17 am

Calvin Dyson, keen eyed as ever, noted this on Twitter: Blofeld's year of birth is 1946. So for a shared childhood with Bond, that would make Bond in his late 60s, or even 70, perhaps? Good to see them acknowledging Craig is ageing.  laugh

No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EK85OH5X0AEx9zC?format=jpg&name=900x900

Veteran agent indeed laugh .
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 4:51 pm

I do have one quibble though....the film is touted to be the most expensive to date...is anyone seeing that in the trailer?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 11:08 pm

Yeah, I can see it. Grander sets and set pieces.

CJB wrote:
What I like:

- Nifty action and stunts
- Cinematography
- That bit at the end with a pseudo-gunbarrel feel... although I hope they're not gonna ape CR and do a traditional gunbarrel opening

What I no like:

- Brofeld is back
- Madeline is back
- Madeline is gonna betray Bond because EVERYBODY BETRAY ME
- Deep n' gritty childhood issues again
- Cregg looking his age
- Bond hanging out with Moneypenny at Q's house like a seedy old man
- A sassy black woman who don't need no man, very original and very fresh... oh hang on it's not 2002?

Look, I think it'll be better than SPECTRE but my expectations are still very low.

Agreed on all counts.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 2:44 am

Loads of TSWLM vibes and I wouldn't be surprised if that was their template to do the women vs chauvinist game plan and try and win back some fans by adding in sparkles of humor. The shot of the big set with all the lights is highly reminiscent of Adam's Jonah set. I was disappointed we have a return of TDK/Silence of the Lambs master criminal in prison notion.

Visually it looks like SP with a mix of SF. The humor seems a bit forced and I hate that they're using the iconic line as a throwaway joke much like has happened in Disney's Star Wars films.

The gattling guns in the DB5 felt really weird. I wondered how the heck they fitted them in there and it felt like DAD with the gattling gun in the XKR. I laughed out loud when the garage with the Vantage came up-does he have a garage with every main vehicle in it? Where's the 2CV garage?

Overall I spotted tons of references (speargun in the Caribbean TB, V8 TLD, Q off duty with Bond LTK, Where's 007? TSWLM, Bond v female agent who doesn't like him TSWLM/MR and the list goes on) that got on my nerves but if the film is successful I'd predict it's going to once again be shooting for getting back to CR06 but ultimately will be a film that is a bit more energetic than SP and probably equal SF in terms of critic/audience response.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 3:28 am

"equal SF in terms of critic/audience response"?

Boy, you and Gravy couldn't be further apart.
Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 6:08 am

The gatlin guns were in Goldfinger no?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die - Teaser
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next