More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die - Teaser

Go down 
+14
Stamper
hegottheboot
Sarai
Perilagu Khan
Hilly
Xenia93
jet set willy
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
Gravity's Silhouette
CJB
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 9:59 am

No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 Machine-guns

No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 The-cars-of-the-first-no-time-to-die-teaser

Goldfinger ones were a strictly single-barrel affair.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 7:44 pm

hegottheboot wrote:

The humor seems a bit forced and I hate that they're using the iconic line as a throwaway joke much like has happened in Disney's Star Wars films.

Yep, those Marvel films have a lot to answer for. Dumb gags that take you out of the story and are a tad too self-aware.

Not even Bond's iconic line is sacrosanct, but few things are these days.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of good reactions the trailer is getting. I think I've only seen one 'bah, still woke' reaction although this guy will most likely be in the cinema when it opens.

If only the Black Widow trailer didn't come out this week as well...it's sucking some of the attention.

Yes, comic book movie BUT damn, Widow makes Lynch look like a little amateur.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 10:50 pm

hegottheboot wrote:
Loads of TSWLM vibes and I wouldn't be surprised if that was their template to do the women vs chauvinist game plan and try and win back some fans by adding in sparkles of humor. The shot of the big set with all the lights is highly reminiscent of Adam's Jonah set. I was disappointed we have a return of TDK/Silence of the Lambs master criminal in prison notion.

Visually it looks like SP with a mix of SF. The humor seems a bit forced and I hate that they're using the iconic line as a throwaway joke much like has happened in Disney's Star Wars films.

The gattling guns in the DB5 felt really weird. I wondered how the heck they fitted them in there and it felt like DAD with the gattling gun in the XKR. I laughed out loud when the garage with the Vantage came up-does he have a garage with every main vehicle in it? Where's the 2CV garage?

Overall I spotted tons of references (speargun in the Caribbean TB, V8 TLD, Q off duty with Bond LTK, Where's 007? TSWLM, Bond v female agent who doesn't like him TSWLM/MR and the list goes on) that got on my nerves but if the film is successful I'd predict it's going to once again be shooting for getting back to CR06 but ultimately will be a film that is a bit more energetic than SP and probably equal SF in terms of critic/audience response.

It seems like a fusion between DN, TSWLM and SP, which going by my classification of Bond films is a weird mix. I do like that there appears to be a return to the jumpsuit.

I don't think it will be as well received as SF. I think they'll see it as being as good (or bad) as SPECTRE just with better action and photography.

BC wrote:
I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of good reactions the trailer is getting

People are excited for a new Bond film - the first in five years. The glossiness of action and photography, combined with the Bond theme is what's pumping the excitement. It's distracting from what appears to be the focus of the trailer (and possibly the film): Madeleine. Considering she was a very weak aspect of SP, and half of fandom wanted to move on from her, I still don't think she's going to make for a solid emotional core of the film.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 4:28 am

bitchcraft wrote:
I do have one quibble though....the film is touted to be the most expensive to date...is anyone seeing that in the trailer?

Excellent point. I'm not seeing it either. As I said in another post, there does not seem to be a wide variety of action; it's mostly fisticuffs, gunfire and an assortment of car/motorcyle/jeep chases. No jumps off the Eiffel Tower, or Asgard Peak...no underwater action, no aerial work, no water-based stunts. Even a location as expensive as Norway doesn't seem to have factored in. If someone hadn't told you that the movie was partly filmed in Norway could you tell? The ice sequence could've been filmed on Lake Michigan it's so non-descript.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 1:49 am

I know they can only show so much in a trailer, but I am hoping for some local colour and exploiting Norway's iconography. Otherwise it's a waste of new, unchartered locations for Bond. At least Iceland's iconic glacier lagoons featured in DAD, along with using the cool location as a means for the ice palace, and the unbelievable "discovery" of diamonds in such a location. Not to mention being the Land of Fire and Ice, which were visual themes of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 11:39 am

'Cool' location? It's bloody freezing! laugh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 10:02 pm

tongue
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 3:44 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
I know they can only show so much in a trailer, but I am hoping for some local colour and exploiting  Norway's iconography. Otherwise it's a waste of new, unchartered locations for Bond. At least Iceland's iconic glacier lagoons featured in DAD, along with using the cool location as a means for the ice palace, and the unbelievable "discovery" of diamonds in such a location. Not to mention being the Land of Fire and Ice, which were visual themes of the movie.

I don't think there will be any local iconography where Norway is concerned. The producers made great pains to have Craig and other cast members on location in Jamaica and Matera and to be available to the press. They never did that for Norway or Scotland, which tells me that the location work in both countries will probably be combined into one location and it'll be so non-descript that you wouldn't know where you were unless the movie told you.

Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 12:09 am

I watched the trailer last week but put off posting a few days until I've given it some time. Honestly I'm pretty mixed on the trailer. Good amount of action and potential for an interesting villain (the playing God line particularly intriguing) but the dramatic elements particularly the Bond/Madeleine relationship look dull and fast-forward worthy when I eventually get the Blu-ray. For now to me the movie has the potential to go either way.

Outside of Jamaica the locations look kind of samey to me in regards to the Craig era as a whole. Maybe it's the cinematography (which is fine for the most part) and color grading but the locations feel like the same type we've seen already with other Craig films. Italy seems overused in the Craig era.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 am

The story elements are certainly problematic but the cinematography can't be faulted. It looks much more stylish than SP and CR.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 9:54 am

The 'playing God' line for me is another echo of Dr No ... 'Our asylums are full of people who think they're Napoleon ... or God', as are their surroundings in that clip.

Just hoping that the fact that the bad guy is working on genetic manipulation or whatever isn't an echo of DAD, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 2:49 am

Somehow I feel DAD will be the echo of a much louder, deeper venture into sci-fi.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 1:13 am

A new little teaser has been released, with Q spouting some double entendres about his relationship with Bond.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 11:36 am

'It's never 9 to 5, is it?'

Hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 2:54 pm

A new little teaser has been released, with Q spouting some double entendres about his relationship with Bond.

Who was this commercial aimed at? Targeted for? Any idea?

I said back during SPECTRE that they were dropping subtle hints that Q has a thing for Bond. I also believe we're going to get a glimpse of Q and his boyfriend in No Time To Die, but that's just speculation on my part.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 5:54 pm

I'm wagering Q gets killed drool
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Well, it's slightly unique as Bond goes. Could've worked with the Moore era.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 8:51 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

I said back during SPECTRE that they were dropping subtle hints that Q has a thing for Bond. I also believe we're going to get a glimpse of Q and his boyfriend in No Time To Die, but that's just speculation on my part.

Is he gonna show Bond his, err, major boothroyd?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 9:43 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

Who was this commercial aimed at? Targeted for? Any idea?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Side note: any one work out what the hell Mendes and Whishaw were going for with that awkward pause in the Q Branch scene in Spectre?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 pm

Whispers of Zimmer?
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 1:37 pm

If the first trailer barely elicited a half-chub, this one will send one your cock inwards.

More Cregg grumbles, more deep n' gritty daddy issues story arcs, and a preference for CGI over practical effects.

So that shot of the seaplane escaping from the exploding building by the water... very Crab Key-esque... pretty much confirms the lazy fuckers remade Dr No?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 3:45 pm

I'll have to come back to it again but this initial viewing of the new trailer left me colder than expected. I thought it was going to be a minor improvement on Spectre but I'm just not convinced anymore. It feels so Americanised and generic.

As for the score... Why does it sound so disjointed? blink
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 5:15 pm

I'll have to come back to it again but this initial viewing of the new trailer left me colder than expected. I thought it was going to be a minor improvement on Spectre but I'm just not convinced anymore. It feels so Americanised and generic.

As for the score... Why does it sound so disjointed? blink
I don't feel your reaction will surprise anybody MKKBB, it just seems you are determined to hate the film and nothing will change that. Personally i love the trailers and look forward to the film immensely...just my opinion of course, it might stink to high heaven but we will see in november (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 6:06 pm

I thought it looked interesting. A nice little reference to the Bond hero and villains dialogue from the CR novel.

I have mixed feelings because this seems like a movie that could be torn between trying to do a classic type Bond adventure mixed with another personal revenge story. That’s a tight line to walk in terms of tone. I don’t have a lot of faith after SPECTRE they can pull it off. But I will reserve judgment until November.

With that said...knowing that the director had mentioned at one point forgetting SPECTRE ever happened, I am wondering if they may throw this all this personal stuff at the start for continuity, and, with the exception of Madeline, get it out of the way quickly and move on to the new story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die - Teaser   No Time to Die - Teaser - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die - Teaser
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next