More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time to Die Theme

Go down 
+7
Perilagu Khan
Santa
Strangways&Quarrel
bitchcraft
Fort Knox
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Song's on track to debut at #1 on the British charts this week.

She'll be doing it at the Brit awards with full orchestra.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 7:01 pm

The song has been growing on me, enough to say I have it very comfortably at #2 behind "Skyfall".

1. Skyfall
2. No Time to Die
3. You Know My Name
4. Writing's On the Wall
*getting testicular cancer*
5. Another Way to Die

Now the real test will be how it plays on the actual film with Daniel Kleinman's titles.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 9:31 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Song's on track to debut at #1 on the British charts this week.

She'll be doing it at the Brit awards with full orchestra.

Very good. Nice to have some positive Bond 25 news.

MP wrote:
Now the real test will be how it plays on the actual film with Daniel Kleinman's titles.

Having only heard the opening notes when they teased the release of the full song, I'm very excited about what Kleinman might come up with.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Someone on youtube has looped the song to play for 10 hours....that's about 150 consecutive plays drugs
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 9:07 am

It's far from the worst Craig-era song and may even be the best but I keep waiting for it to build into something lush, some sweeping orchestral or something but it doesn't get there. It's edging, something else I've never really seen the point of.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 9:53 pm

Brit Awards 2020

The song on youtube has been viewed over 26 million times in some 3-4 days
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 pm

I do wonder how many people say 'I'm going to go watch the new Bond film to listen to the title song' though... It's certainly a marketing tactic and gets people (minimum 26 million just from the Brit Awards!) talking about the new movie, but with music so accessible today, is it really all that effective in getting bums on seats?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 12:39 am

I wouldn't be surprised if a generous amount of Billie fans who have a casual interest in Bond find themselves in a cinema to see it.

Early tracking already has it opening between 75m-100m in the States and marketing hasn't kicked into full gear yet. But the 'woke' element isn't there anymore. None of the trailers or promos have Bond as a secondary character and I think many are relieved about that.

Should also cross 30m views on youtube tomorrow (Thursday)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:00 am

Good point, the latest have been more focused on Bond. Who'd have thought that would be an issue!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 5:01 pm

I'll wait from reviews from you lot before determining whether NTtD is "woke" or not. I hardly trust any of Babs' marketing to steer me straight.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 9:31 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I'll wait from reviews from you lot before determining whether NTtD is "woke" or not. I hardly trust any of Babs' marketing to steer me straight.

Babs says "take this"...it's the IMAX poster and not a 'woke' in sight drool

No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 No-Time-to-Die-IMAX-Poster
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:58 pm

Nice to see a bit more colour in these posters but the dirtiness doesn't exactly scream James Bond to me. Matera is stunning, however.

With Bond actor #7 and Bond 26, we need to move away from single images/simple photos.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 12:39 am

As predicted, the song has entered the British charts at #1 with the most sales and streamed plays ever for a Bond single in the UK (beating both of the last 2 themes).

Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 2:46 am

It's better than I thought it would be but not memorable at all.
It's sad that the prestige of the title is gone and even more so that the composer if there was one has no say or input in weaving it into the film score.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 1:01 pm

It's indeed a sad thought to think we won't have that again. The success of TND and TWINE's score for me falls on Arnold interweaving Surrender and The World Is Not Enough/Only Myself To Blame into their respective scores. It's no wonder why Craig era music feels so generic and clinical (the best moments of CR's score features YKMN but it's all too fleeting. And QOS has No Good About Goodbye and other motifs interwoven which does almost put it on par with the Brosnan era scores).
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 1:35 am

If I'm being perfectly honest I'd go further and argue that the last 100% good and fully successful traditional score we had was LTK. There are some Kamen flourishes of Die Hard, Lethal Weapon and even some of Road House in there but they don't overwhelm the Bondisms and lovely usage of Spanish guitar elements. His big uses of the Bond theme are the showstoppers and the last time anyone dared to go that big sonically.

And don't get me wrong I love individual cues and specific moments from TND/TWINE/DAD but they don't work as well on album listening or as a whole outside of the film. I can never quite get myself to being fully 100% onboard with them as complete works. They seem to always suffer from the battle between Arnold's whiz bangs and techno flourishes AND his desire to reproduce Barry-isms at all costs. I will say that they are mixed well and I wish the others had isolated score 5.1 mixes as the music seems to work much better in surround than stereo.
I love Serra's GE work and think it holds up remarkably well even if the film edits of most cues tone them down somewhat.
I still think Arnold could do a really good score that was even better than his previous ones if he just followed his own muse this time round. Of course it might help to have full creative control and time because he did apparently have to score TND completely piecemeal and I'm sure similar things happened later.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 10:25 am

hegottheboot wrote:
It's better than I thought it would be but not memorable at all.
It's sad that the prestige of the title is gone and even more so that the composer if there was one has no say or input in weaving it into the film score.

Zimmer himself actually confirmed that he did the orchestration for the title song, so I think we should expect the song to be weaved into the score.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 3:50 am

Well that is a positive at least.

Cut to the Zimmer-ized version of the melody at some helicopter shot. laugh
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 9:59 pm

This cover blew my panties off thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Die Theme   No Time to Die Theme - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Die Theme
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2