More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?

Go down 
+2
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  Empty
PostSubject: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Given the 7 month delay for No Time to Die, should MGM encourage/pressure Eon to start scripting Bond 26 to allow a swift move into the next film after the release of Bond 25?

MGM needs Bond, and the projected revenue earned from Bond is now delayed, which could put Leo the lion in a more vulnerable position. If they invest the funds for the writing of the next Bond picture, then it could secure their future for the next couple of years.

As for Eon itself, Babs and Michael usually want a break nowadays between films, which is understandable, considering the lengthy process it takes to make these movies. However, with the movie more or less close to completion since the film was intended to be released in the next three weeks, I imagine the workload for No Time to Die is easing off somewhat, giving them time to recharge the batteries before Bond 25 hits screens.

So whether it's now or straight after No Time to Die's release, should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 am

Wasn't there something about someone at MGM being keen to get Bond 26 rolling ASAP, being very much motivated by the length of time it's taken to get NTTD in the can?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 am

Not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. 5 years is too long between films that relies on one character. Mission Impossible had Rogue Nation, Fallout and the 7th film currently shooting in the time spent on getting Craig to agree (yawn) to its release now later this year. MI7 will be in post by that point.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 7:32 pm

NTTD needs to make money for MGM first before anything is put into a Bond 26.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 1:39 am

Well MGM and all the other entities. The five year gap is ludicrous and further proof of how insane the production marketplace has gotten.

The focus has got to be on recapturing the marketplace and the spirit of the series. Without that you have another lumbering franchise. It's nuts that M:I has been allowed to sweep in and steal the thunder from Olympus but that's precisely what has been happening.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 7:09 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
NTTD needs to make money for MGM first before anything is put into a Bond 26.

Not necessarily. Bond is always going to make money. $200k to get a script together (Purvis and Wade's fee, IIRC. Might be a little more now.) in one of the most lucrative film characters won't be too hard to get together. They just need a first draft for now.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Someone on a Bond FB group suggested Eon release No Time to Die via streaming services... Ordinarily I'd be totally against this as Bond should be seen in cinemas, but these aren't ordinary times. If they do release No Time to Die now via Netflix or whatever, Eon could then use self isolation to start developing the next Bond film.

My avatar is not just a pretty face. colgate
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 1:02 pm

Hmm, the first Bond film made via skype. I mean if these celeb types can save the world that way. Maybe Michael Fassbender, I mean whoever is the next Bond, can do their gunbarrel that way. Get the missus to hold the phone and he pops out of the hallway, narrowly missing the coat-stand and voila...we have the start of Bond 26.

Ahem. big laugh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 10:44 pm

Perhaps I should have worded it a little more carefully. laugh  

By 'start developing' I mean write the script/treatment/outline.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Of course, well they can try. Sort of work Corona into things. OHMSS it for the modern world. Whilst Bond still has issues.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 11:40 pm

Corona could contextualise things. Plot could revolve around globalism. Rather they steer clear of OHMSS. They've proven they can't do it quite right (well, NTTD remains to be seen) and they'll never improve on perfection, anyway.

I honestly see no reason why development on the next one can't happen. Looking at the post Connery years - OHMSS, LALD, TSWLM, FYEO, TLD, GE - many of which the debuts demonstrated balance and often regarded as some of the series best. In the case of TSWLM and FYEO, the former wanted to ensure a celebration of Bond, a return to form, and the latter started out for the faceless Bond. Likewise with OHMSS, Daylights and GE, when there was lesser an idea of who would play Bond, they did very successfully find balance and a good story to work with. As the tenures of the actors went on, the films become more tailored to the actor and things (arguably) go awry. LALD/TSWLM>MR resulted in more silliness, TLD>LTK more grittiness, FYEO>AVTAK grounded but more bizarre, GE>DAD... well, we know what went wrong with DAD.

Point is, write a good Bond film with the balance seen in some of the debuts/course corrections for a faceless Bond. Productions always want more time in the writers' room and now they have it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:17 am

Yep ... no reason why the writers can't make a start, self-isolating they may be but they can bounce ideas off each other via video-calling, e-mail etc.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 8:43 pm

Can you imagine, a screen divided into six screens and as they talk a little icon pops up: "BABS WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE CHAT"

If anyone has Brozzer's number, I think we could float something of our own up in the interim.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:40 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Yep ... no reason why the writers can't make a start, self-isolating they may be but they can bounce ideas off each other via video-calling, e-mail etc.

Exactly!

Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  2236-3

Hilly wrote:
If anyone has Brozzer's number, I think we could float something of our own up in the interim.

World-weary Brosnan returns in Fleming's You Only Live Twice. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 1:36 am

Hilly wrote:
Can you imagine, a screen divided into six screens and as they talk a little icon pops up: "BABS WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE CHAT"
ROTFLMAO
This was my laugh of the day thanks very much. I needed it!

If it were up to me my first call would be to video chat with the saner heads of the Fleming foundation to generate new ideas. I'll go even further actually-my first call would be to Raymond Benson who managed to have some really great ideas and plot devices and was directed to make his books like the films.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 9:21 am

I imagine the Fleming foundation would be a bunch of suits at this point and wouldn't have the imagination to dream up the stories that Fleming did - much of which was inspired by his war time experiences.

Honestly, with ideas and input from MGW, I'm quite happy for Purvis and Wade to dream up a first draft (they understand the integration of current geopolitical through lines while retaining the Bondian flair) and give Jeffrey Caine, Kevin Wade and/or Bruce Feirstein rewriting duties. Why they never returned to the former two is a mystery, given Goldeneye's success.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Someone on a Bond FB group suggested Eon release No Time to Die via streaming services... Ordinarily I'd be totally against this as Bond should be seen in cinemas, but these aren't ordinary times. If they do release No Time to Die now via Netflix or whatever, Eon could then use self isolation to start developing the next Bond film.

My avatar is not just a pretty face. colgate
Unthinkable, lets hope this idea is never given serious consideration. The cinema release of a new Bond film is one of the highlights of the calender year to which it applies. There is little to compare to the pant pissingly exciting moment when the cinema lights are dimmed and those iconic bullet holes cross the screen woop
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Yes, seeing a Bond film in cinemas is generally the way to go. I'm just too fatigued with the Craig era to care either way.

Regardless, Cary Fukunaga stated months ago that No Time to Die is on the shelf, awaiting release. So why couldn't preparation begin on Bond 26? At least get an outline/treatment of the story down and begin searching for Bond actor #7.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 7:21 am

I would assume ideas are being spit-balled at this point. Whether by Purvis & Wade, or Waller-Bridge (heck, maybe both groups are making competing spec scripts). Whatever the case, I think it's more likely that EON won't fully commit to a new film until after the dust clears with NTTD when they're able to gauge on reactions to that film.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 10:58 am

Yes, seeing a Bond film in cinemas is generally the way to go. I'm just too fatigued with the Craig era to care either way.

Regardless, Cary Fukunaga stated months ago that No Time to Die is on the shelf, awaiting release. So why couldn't preparation begin on Bond 26? At least get an outline/treatment of the story down and begin searching for Bond actor #7.

You don't think that they are searching for the next Bond?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 10:53 pm

We know for certain EON would have a list of actors filed. They've always kept tabs on who would make a potential Bond for any period, even in the middle of an actor's run.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 10:56 am

Seen a few articles popping up recently saying that Sam Heughan from Outlander now leads the field of contenders.

Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  Sam-heughan-attends-the-25th-annual-critics-choice-awards-news-photo-1585259412

Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 3:58 pm

The field, as it were, hasn't instilled confidence in me. I've watched, and do watch, Outlander and saw him in the Wellum biopic (First Light). I don't know anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 12:02 am

Haven't seen him in anything so can't comment on his acting ability... But he doesn't look the part.

silvertoe wrote:

You don't think that they are searching for the next Bond?

Babs has teased she's still holding out for Craig to return. Her past decisions suggest she might not be joking about that.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 2:56 am

And who could blame her? Given the box office and all. But at this point during the pandemic, I don't expect ANY film to break a billion dollars anytime soon. Supposedly experts have said the film industry wouldn't likely return to what it was until 2022, and that's probably the more generous projection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?    Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Should MGM pressure Eon to begin work on Bond 26?
Page 1 of 1