More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?

Go down 
+2
Makeshift Python
ironpony
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 10:33 am

I've always felt that the ending with Bond and Stacey is the shower, was a last minute shoot, and that a different ending was in mind before.

It's just that for most of the movie, it seems that Bond is much more of a father figure to Stacey and doesn't try to bed her at all, and they have a father figure type relationship, which I really like at first, and felt it was a nice change.

But then all of a sudden they are in the shower at the end. I feel like it was probably the director and writer's intention not to have them get together at all, and completely own the father figure relationship, with no romance in the end whatsoever. But then when the producer Cubby Broccoli saw it, he said you have to have an end love scene... and then forced them to film one, even though it was not originally intended.

But I'm only going by how the scene feels forcibly tacked on at the end, and this is just my theory therefore. I cannot find any confirmation on this, but wonder if anyone can confirm it?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 6:04 am

I used to wonder about that, but I kinda have to go with the assumption that there was no attempt at a father/daughter dynamic because that just doesn't seem like the kind of thing that any of the filmmakers would have gone for from that era. Perhaps it's just that Moore looks so ancient in the role and Tanya Roberts was so young that it's hard not to see a father/daughter dynamic, especially with bits like Bond tucking her at night and keeping guard of her, rather than sleeping with her.

I think it's just a product of its time, when older male stars besides Moore were still treated as if they were in their 30s and always slept with women who were much younger than them. It still happens today, only not as predominant as films from the 20th century. The most modern example is Tom Cruise, who still plays the same type of roles he would have from over 30 years ago and is paired with women who are rarely above the age of 40. Which will make me curious about his TOP GUN sequel, as I can't imagine him pretending to be anything other than his own age.

In fact, Tom Cruise in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT is actually OLDER than Sean Connery was in NSNA, yet I don't remember if the film ever bothers addressing that his character is aging.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 11:09 am

Considering Bond comes onto Stacey at Chantilly, there was always a definitive attraction to her. I'm sure he was certainly hoping to sleep with her at her home, but she fell asleep waiting for him. He wasn't going to wake her just to get off.

Connery and Lazenby would have slipped into bed, hoping she'd wake up as he did, ready for a bonking.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 1:57 pm

Interesting, MP. Tom Cruise is the same age as Moore was in AVTAK! He's still quite baby-faced for a 57 year old, I suppose.

And yeah, I'd suggest Bond was always gonna slip one in. This was the era where Bond films stuck to the fundamentals of the formula.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 2:02 pm

At 57 year old, Moore was blasting off in icebergs, French chateaus, hot tubs and showers.

Tom Cruise is blasting off into space for his next film.

Not sure which is more unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Got to be Moore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 7:20 pm

The things Cruise believes in sounds unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 2:55 am

Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? RGFo_R
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 11:03 am

Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? TallBeautifulAlpaca-size_restricted
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 11:53 am

Scientology is batshit-crazy and even in this day and age he's still allegedly so deep in the closet he can see Narnia ... but I just can't dislike the guy.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Scientology is batshit-crazy and even in this day and age he's still allegedly so deep in the closet he can see Narnia ... but I just can't dislike the guy.

I'm in this boat. He gives his movies his everything.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 10:32 pm

Good and dedicated movie star, but also a horrible human being. I pretty much have that same attitude towards Mel Gibson and Michael Jackson.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Ditto. Never been a fan of his sadly. Generally avoid his movies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?   Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone confirm this theory on the ending to be true?
Page 1 of 1