More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Blink and you may miss it

Go down 
+4
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
silvertoe
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 3:14 am

More likely poor Q had to fly back with the used croc or go pickup the acrostar wherever 007 dumped it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 8:37 am

hegottheboot wrote:
More likely poor Q had to fly back with the used croc or go pickup the acrostar wherever 007 dumped it.

The old Q, naturally. nu-Q is afraid of flying. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 7:29 pm

It will be interesting to see how they got him into that tranport plane in NTTD - with the back ramp open, no less.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 2:47 am

The only thing that stops the one and true Major Boothroyd?

The dreaded
The horrible
The uncanny
The inescapable
The all seeing

SHORTS!
Muhhuahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa! How shall you survive now Mr. Bond? I have triumphed where others have failed-I have forced Q to wear shorts!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 11:22 am

Returning to this thread's original theme, on a rewatch of Dr No last night I noticed Bond's slightly bloodied knuckles during the brief scrap with the bogus Government House driver for the first time.

And picking up the 'goofs' theme again, I followed it with FRWL ... Martine Beswick is credited as 'Martin' during the opening credits and Monty Norman as 'Monte' during the end ones.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 12:19 pm

I'll have to keep an eye out on the bloodied knuckles. In a similar vein, I gave FRWL a watch in tribute to Sean (along with TB and YOLT... and counting). I chose to watch the 4k version on a streaming site. It's the first time I noticed how dusty Bond's suit is after stealing the lektor. I'm putting it down to the clarity of the 4k and not my own lack of sharp observation.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 11:01 am

Yes, it seems the 'immaculate appearance, no matter the preceding circumstances' thing didn't really kick in until Goldfinger (it just isn't possible to keep a tux pristine under a wetsuit, as far as I know) ... it continued through the Moore era of course but Dalton, Brosnan and Craig have all been dishevelled during their tenures to some extent.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Far left of this photograph is Caroline cossey who had an uncredited roll in For your eyes only walking past the swimming pool but the truth is this is actually Barry cossey a transexual playboy model. oh my!

Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 For-your-eyes-only-bond-girls-500x281
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Oh, and far right is my wife tongue
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 5:53 pm

To our right or Roger's?
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 2:53 am

Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 31b808_e48a486962a04abfa03203638161df66~mv2

The fact that when waiting for Andrea in the shower that Bond stands under a circular recessed light....which forms a halo round Roger's head....HOW DID I NEVER SEE THIS?
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 10:56 am

AMC Hornet wrote:
To our right or Roger's?
Well to Rogers far right is Barry cossey isn't it?....oh wait a minute! kaboom
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 11:10 am

hegottheboot wrote:
Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 31b808_e48a486962a04abfa03203638161df66~mv2

The fact that when waiting for Andrea in the shower that Bond stands under a circular recessed light....which forms a halo round Roger's head....HOW DID I NEVER SEE THIS?

Hmm, deliberate little nod to The Saint or not? I wonder ...
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 4:14 am

Simon Templar is hanging over whispering this isn't very gentleman like you know...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 11:09 am

hegottheboot wrote:
Simon Templar is hanging over whispering this isn't very gentleman like you know...

laugh

I hope he hung around to say 'Cut that out, you're not Sean' for the threatened arm-break.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 12:09 am

Almost the one jarring moment for Sir Roge's Bond, that scene. No one seemed mad about it judging by interviews be it Sir Roge, Maud or whoever. Yet...I always like Barry's music for when she realises Bond is there, the tingling of the piano keys -makes it much more haunting somehow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 11:45 am

It's a hangover from Connery's era and probably one of the reasons it seems to be generally regarded that Moore's way of playing it wasn't really 'cemented' until TSWLM.

That said, his cold-bloodedness with Locque in FYEO works brilliantly (despite Moore's initial reluctance) ... Locque deserves it, whereas Scaramanga's petrified 'kept woman' probably didn't.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 11:51 am

I'd say Moore finally found his footing as Bond under Glen's direction. It's not too Connery-esque (TMWTGG) or Moore-esque (LALD, TSWLM, MR) but more balanced and Bondian.

As for Maud... she's not even a fan of how Bond pulls her in for a kiss in OP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blink and you may miss it   Blink and you may miss it - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blink and you may miss it
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3