More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 9:05 pm

It's normal for Bond women to be attractive and goodlooking, but this new one played by Lashana Lynch, just isn't that good and she's kind of strange looking. Not to come down to hard on her, but to me at least, she looks like Dennis Rodman. Is it just me?

Now I know the idea is to have a woman that doesn't look like she is being objectified in anyway, but can't a woman not look objectified, but still not have to look like Dennis Rodman either?

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 3:56 am

I'm not attracted to her.

But then I think she'll be the new kind of lead Bond girl to the series, in that she and Bond won't sleep with each other.

Perhaps Bond will try to but since she's an independent black woman who don't need no man, she'll be heralded as progressive and strong.

Because sex is bad.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:04 am

I guess so, but isn't a woman being sexually liberated a part of feminism though, and should be viewed as such?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:38 am

You've just hit the nail on the head of the hypocrisy of the left, my friend.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 8:11 am

Oh okay, but is this movement of women thinking sex is bad, a left thing?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 12:36 am

Both of you are mistaken. Lashana Lynch is not the leading actress of the film, it's Léa Seydoux. Lynch is playing a supporting female character.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 5:27 am

Oh okay I guess it's just marketing then, as she is getting front and center attention on some of the earlier posters and all.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 3:13 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay I guess it's just marketing then, as she is getting front and center attention on some of the earlier posters and all.

Seydoux had her own poster as well, but I agree and would say both Lynch and Ana de Armas have gotten a good push in marketing more so, most notably in that Hollywood Reporter bit with the two of them doing photo shoots together. Since they're newer to the series, they naturally get more exposure rather than a returning character. Fiennes, Whishaw, and Harris certainly don't get much publicity like they did with the lead up to SF.

That said, the billing on the poster and even the trailer itself makes it clear Madeleine is the leading woman. Which surprised me because I assumed she would get killed off in the PTS.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 3:29 am

Oh okay, but Madeleine was such a poorly received character though, in Spectre, with many fans not liking her, so why would they bring her back for a front and center role, when she was poorly received?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 am

Because for some reason the filmmakers think they have a good story that involves her, and hopefully it's an improvement over what we got in SP. But we'll have to see.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:00 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Seydoux had her own poster as well, but I agree and would say both Lynch and Ana de Armas have gotten a good push in marketing more so, most notably in that Hollywood Reporter bit with the two of them doing photo shoots together. Since they're newer to the series, they naturally get more exposure rather than a returning character. Fiennes, Whishaw, and Harris certainly don't get much publicity like they did with the lead up to SF.

That said, the billing on the poster and even the trailer itself makes it clear Madeleine is the leading woman. Which surprised me because I assumed she would get killed off in the PTS.

You're right.

But anything goes at this point. Lea Seydoux might have more screen time but if it deals with cloning, Madeleine could very well be killed off in the PTS only for her duplicate to appear later on. Or vice verse.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 7:38 pm

From what I could tell, it looks like what happens in the PTS is that Bond puts her on a train as if this is the last time they'll see each other. "This is it?" "This is it". And then we get that shot of Madeleine's POV in the train with Bond watching her leave his life, which may segue into the titles. Bond won't see her for four years until she's at the prison that Blofeld is being held at, which is why he looks surprised to see her.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Bizarre to think that, of all places, Madeleine returns to England (assuming that's where Blofeld is imprisoned) to work. To have her work alongside authorities seems contradictory to her wanting out of that kind of life at the end of Spectre, and then to (potentially) actively participate in Brofeld's case is a bit of a stretch. If she didn't return to her job in Austria because the organisation had found where she was hiding out, one would expect she'd say 'no thanks' to this particularly case.

They could then ask Molly Warmflash to take over. colgate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?   Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think the new Bond woman is attractive or no?
Page 1 of 1