More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery

Go down 
+5
Makeshift Python
AMC Hornet
Moore
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
silvertoe
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 12:51 pm

Sir Sean connery has died aged 90.....Rest in peace Sean, you were always the best sad
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 12:52 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 12:53 pm

Just received a text. Just when 2020 couldn't get any worse.

The original. The best. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 pm

I'll get to the other new posts made on the board soon. This has hit harder than expected.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 2:52 pm

Damn. Such a sad sad day. Unfortunately With the media cycle in the US dedicated to the election it won't get the coverage it deserves. Surprisingly this isn't hitting me hard yet which is surprising me like Rog did. I suspect the recent spat of deaths especially the handful the past few months had prepared me for this.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 4:17 pm

Beyond a doubt an era has ended.
He was the last survivor of several of his early Bond films, and although inevitable it still comes as a shock.
Move on, 2020 - we've had enough of you.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Coincidentally only a week ago in another thread i flippantly said "if Sean connery died we may never hear about it" because of course he had become such a recluse.....Glad to see i was wrong.
Sean only played Bond for 9 years but of course it is the role he will always be remembered for, he was the best actor in the role starring in six of the best films in the series....and of course that other one!
Many of Seans best performances were in non Bond movies, amongst my personal favourites were.. The hill, The offence, The man who would be king, and the rock. Sean was often voted sexiest man alive, a claim to which he would scoff "the public have very good taste". The news of Seans passing at the age of 90 is not going to shock many, however it is still a bitter pill to swallow, he was the man every hot bloodied male wanted to be, and the man every woman wanted to bed...RIP Sean connery
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 8:39 pm

I had several text messages saying "sorry for your loss", which really perplexed me, and then I see the news "ohhh". Truthfully, I'm not too sad. I can't be, because Sir Sean Connery got to die in his sleep in the Bahamas at the age of 90. Can you think of a better way of going out? If the James Bond character were to pass away at an old age, that's probably THE ideal way to go.

Dunno if I'll watch one of his films tonight. It's Halloween in the US, which typically means spooky/horror night. Instead I'll probably watch one film of his each day during the new week as a tip of the hat.

RIP
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 12:25 am

I never thought I'd be this emotionally gutted by the passing of someone I'd never met. I'm struggling to rationalise it on any intellectual level.

I've been watching Sir Sean Connery's Bond films since childhood. He was perhaps my favourite actor generally. We're blessed to be spectators to his years of work.

I'm lost for words and feel like a wreck.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 3:13 am

I'm totally gutted. It's been a tough day. It's not hitting me quite so hard as it did for Roger because we kind of had some inkling after the occasional glimpse and Sean was getting on up there in years-though this still feels totally out of the blue.
Roger's passing was very out of the blue as it happened not long after his last book was published.

Dear god now we're down two....it's like the world is shrinking. I truly hope that people will do a serious retrospective and realize just how damn magical Sean's spirit was-that charm and eye twinkle-and how he was still criminally underrated as an actor in every capacity. Hopefully this might make the internet finally stop talking about the old notorious interview piece for once.

I'll admit to having forced people to watch The Hill and The Man Who Would Be King many times just to show how amazing the Sean was.

2020 has sucked for us Bondians. Truly sucked.

I plan on viewing the Connery filmography and trying to finally see the obscure titles I haven't gotten to for him and Roger.

Gosh this stings the more it sinks in. Another person I would've killed to finally meet of course to only have absolutely no idea what to say or how to say thank you for brightening this dark world.

Once more unto the breach dear friend.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 8:52 am

Connery had dementia. His widow, Micheline, opens up here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8901151/Sean-Connerys-widow-Micheline-reveals-final-moments-Bond-star-died-aged-90.html

CJB wrote:
I never thought I'd be this emotionally gutted by the passing of someone I'd never met. I'm struggling to rationalise it on any intellectual level.

I've been watching Sir Sean Connery's Bond films since childhood. He was perhaps my favourite actor generally. We're blessed to be spectators to his years of work.

I'm lost for words and feel like a wreck.

R.I.P.

You've done a better job articulating it than I. This sums up my learning of it late last night and today.

HGTB wrote:
Hopefully this might make the internet finally stop talking about the old notorious interview piece for once.

A left-leaning TV news program highlighted his ex-wife's claims and the Walters' interview. What a way to remember someone the day they died. angry

silvertoe wrote:
Glad to see i was wrong.

The tributes that have come in have helped ease the pain. Eon, Lazenby, Brosnan and Craig wrote touching sentiments. Jane Seymour, John Cleese, Shirley Bassey, Sam Neill, Catherine Zeta Jones, Michael Caine and Kevin Costner too. Alec Baldwin shared his thoughts, seemingly on the fly, via video. It's as if he pulled over in his car, having heard the news on the radio, and it just completely floored him.

I'm hoping Michelle Pfeiffer shares something from their time on The Russia House set.

Dalton has been quiet. Didn't he share something after Roger passed?

I also expected a tribute from Ursula Andress, Shirley Eaton and Martine Beswick, at the very least. The fact Andress hasn't makes me wonder about her health. One can only hope from Jill St John, Lana Wood, Daniela Bianchi, Akiko Wakabayashi and, less likely, Mie Hama and Daniela Bianchi. Luciana Paluzzi gave an interview on Connery about a week before his 90th birthday. Hopefully we hear from her soon again.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 9:40 am

Also, wanted to post this: James Bond and Mrs Bond.

R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery Dzeqep10
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 11:26 am

To echo HGTB's sentiments, this actually hasn't hit me as hard as Rog's passing and I think it's because Rog was still fairly active with the likes of the anecdotal theatre tours whereas since retiring Sean had pretty much opted for the quiet life. But it's still a kick in the teeth nonetheless.

My Facebook tribute, posted yesterday -

'It's a sad day.

My huge 007 fandom is not exactly a secret ... he is the 'original action hero', and probably my favourite fictional character of all time. And now the first big-screen incarnation of him has gone ... he had a long and successful career of course, but he'll always primarily be the best-ever James Bond to me.

I can offer no better tribute than his iconic introduction as 007.*

R.I.P. Sean Connery. Sleep well, Sir.'

*I included the intro from Dr No via YouTube on Facebook.

Double-bill of Dr No and FRWL tonight, I think.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 5:31 pm

The final image makes my heart ache sad

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1128421920583682&id=294241050668444&scmts=scwspsdd&extid=Cb57wPMAUvrt4MKp
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 11:11 pm

Ursula Andress remembers Connery.

https://vt.co/entertainment/celebrity/james-bond-icon-ursula-andress-speaks-out-about-loss-of-friend-sean-connery?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=junglecreations&utm_campaign=post&fbclid=IwAR3UbO9VWUGtNVsdzKXMALnobZAOpCo7eBOf1zlpNDErwh1ZyMm2o_snBgQ

Some beautiful sentiments in there.

Dalton released a statement too. And it's literally just that:

"Sean was a wonderful presence. A great leading man."
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 12:46 am

Very nice sentiments from Ms Andress. It's great that they remained close for so many years after filming Dr No.

Outside of the Bond world, Alec Baldwin also had some nice things to say (video in the link below, in case you don't have Instagram):

https://www.insider.com/sean-connery-died-reactions-hollywood-tributes-2020-11
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 3:18 am

It certainly sounds like it was hopefully a good exit and that hopefully he did not suffer too much. Dementia and any memory related illnesses are perhaps the most cruel way to go.

The sentiments shared by the above really echo the sense I've always got and again make one realize that sometimes there are people who are really that magical in real life-every once in a while.

I love the one article that mentions all the boatloads of cash offers for cameos during retirement and such. I had always wished he had had at least one more great role to go out with...not to mention like all the greats I adore I would've given anything to work with them somehow.

Perhaps he and Roger are dueling raised eyebrows now over glasses of Siamese Vodka and Phuyuck somewhere on the golf links.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 12:11 pm

CJB wrote:

Outside of the Bond world, Alec Baldwin also had some nice things to say (video in the link below, in case you don't have Instagram):

https://www.insider.com/sean-connery-died-reactions-hollywood-tributes-2020-11

Yeah. It's quite a video! I said above it's as though he heard the news on the radio, pulled over and needed to process it. Baldwin has been really impressing me lately, with his podcast interview with Woody Allen in June and now this video.

hegottheboot wrote:

I love the one article that mentions all the boatloads of cash offers for cameos during retirement and such. I had always wished he had had at least one more great role to go out with...not to mention like all the greats I adore I would've given anything to work with them somehow.

Perhaps he and Roger are dueling raised eyebrows now over glasses of Siamese Vodka and Phuyuck somewhere on the golf links.

Yeah, one more kickass film to go out on would have been the icing on the cake on a top CV. Not sure what film, since there's been a slew of rubbish... One's mind goes straight to Scorsese to have sorted that out.

Hopefully Sean and Rog are catching up with Honor, Diana, Claudine, Chris Lee and Shaw.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Touching tribute by david zaritzky of "the Bond experience" and of course Calvin dyson available on you tube
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 7:41 am

For anyone who wants to watch. Some touching tributes to Sean Connery at his Lifetime Achievement Award ceremony:

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 10:02 am

Screenwriter David Mamet recalls Connery's kindness:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/untouchables-screenwriter-david-mamet-shares-touching-sean-connery-story
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 am

Last known photograph of Sean taken may this year...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/sir-sean-connerys-last-photo-22941404
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 10:08 pm

Still had that twinkle in the eye.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 8:49 am

Seans wife Micheline has confirmed Sean will be cremated in the Bahamas and his ashes will be scattered in his beloved Scotland, no date has been announced.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 10:37 pm

Hilly and I were talking about this off the forum a few days back. I couldn't imagine it happening any differently, especially with Neil Connery still alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery   R.I.P.  Sir Sean Connery Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next